David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And I think the primary is not the Fog lights as much as the removal of the factory wiring and switch. If I knew 100% the fog light plug was just tucked up under there, I would opt for the Modular myself most likely.
The way Ford makes their wiring harness's all the plugs are routed to optional accessories whether they are there or not. If opted for the Modular bumper with not lights, there will be connectors somewhere there just not plugged in.
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The way Ford makes their wiring harness's all the plugs are routed to optional accessories whether they are there or not. If opted for the Modular bumper with not lights, there will be connectors somewhere there just not plugged in.
That does Not seem to be the concensus and the thought is you'd have to tie up 1 of your Aux switches as well since the factory Fog Light switch would be missing also.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Are there holes or ways to mount a bigger tubing, say, around the headlights with a nudge bar on the modular bumper? I'm assuming that would be figured out quickly in the aftermarket if not by Ford? I like the brush guard but it isn't enough.

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Are there holes or ways to mount a bigger tubing, say, around the headlights with a nudge bar on the modular bumper? I'm assuming that would be figured out quickly in the aftermarket if not by Ford? I like the brush guard but it isn't enough.
I’m sure they’ll be tons of after market options that use existing holes but also options that will ask you to drill through the steel to add that accessory.

I’m getting the HD mod bumper that comes w Badlands as Im sure it won’t be hard to add fogs, light bar or a bull bar.

Only thing I don like about the HD mod bumper is the winch platform Ford is showing now, as it sticks out way too far for my liking. I eventually want a winch but want one that’s integrated/hidden inside the bumper so when I see the right aftermarket that does that cleanly, and maybe has removable end caps - that’s what I’ll get.

CCross

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy 2500HD Duramax, 2000 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Conspicuity.

I like having fog lights to be seen by other drivers. (Not to see better myself.)

I explained this in another thread, but the short-of-the-long-of-it is that by adding additional lights that create a geometric closed shape (a square in this case with the headlights, or a triangle in the case of motorcycles), it makes it for other drivers to more naturally and quickly judge distance and closing speeds.... lessening the change someone will misjudge and pull out in front of you.
Or blind them so they can’t see anything. I can’t stand that so many people drive around with fog lights on when it isn’t foggy. Newer lights are so bright that they can blinding as it is without adding more. New GM pickups are the worst. And don’t even get me started on DIY aftermarket lights that are aimed incorrectly. Or idiots lifting their vehicle and not adjusting the headlights.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Or blind them so they can’t see anything. I can’t stand that so many people drive around with fog lights on when it isn’t foggy. Newer lights are so bright that they can blinding as it is without adding more. New GM pickups are the worst. And don’t even get me started on DIY aftermarket lights that are aimed incorrectly. Or idiots lifting their vehicle and not adjusting the headlights.
You won’t hear an argument from me.
A proper fog pattern and intensity should not be blinding anyone.
I’m not taking about a pair of led floods from autozone bolted to the front of a car, I’m talking about an actual proper lighting setup.

And I’m right there with you on correct aiming. I’m a huge stickler for that.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It looks like there are plenty of mounting points for something like that

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am still hoping to go with WT, I want a White one but with the interior multicolor mess right now nervous... With that said, both Ford bumpers with the winch block the 360 camera, the front view looks about 50% covered. The tube bars also look like they are just bolted on to the bumper and would not take a hit well?

I like the WT and like that the least expensive bumper is standard on it. I will go aftermarket since I am hoping to find a mean ars looking bumper that I can mount LED lights on and has a receiver hitch. With a receiver hitch on the front and back with the tow package, I can carry hitch mounted winch only when I am off-roading and get out of trouble forward or backwards. I live in the desert (Tahoe, Nevada) and carry the pull-pal (land anchor) since there are not many trees in a good line for a winch, also the washouts on the washboard roads can get to be 3 feet across and 3 feet deep where you have to pull yourself through diagonally.

Still hoping Ford will release a new B&P and Dealer Ordering System that will for late delivery items where we can order what we want at MSRP but the end of January.
Basically one specification for a front bumper: Able to hit a 400lb buck at 75 and still drive away. Not expecting the frame not to be totaled, but good enough not to get stuck in the middle of nowhere after an animal hit. Basically will wait for a safariguard bumper that protects the entire front of the vehicle up through the lights and hood, Aussie Style.

Last edited:

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Basically one specification for a front bumper: Able to hit a 400lb buck at 75 and still drive away. Not expecting the frame not to be totaled, but good enough not to get stuck in the middle of nowhere after an animal hit. Basically will wait for a safariguard bumper that protects the entire front of the vehicle up through the lights and hood.
Let me know when you find it! I hit an Elk in Montana at about 60 and it bent my A pillar with just its head! Thats one of the hardest points on most vehicles. I think any bumper will be limited by the built in crush zones as part of the frame/chassis. The bumper may not give, but the crush zones will.

Sponsored

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Let me know when you find it! I hit an Elk in Montana at about 60 and it bent my A pillar with just its head! Thats one of the hardest points on most vehicles. I think any bumper will be limited by the built in crush zones as part of the frame/chassis. The bumper may not give, but the crush zones will.
The ones on my Defender 90 and Disco II could do it, SafariGard. The Disco II's bumper had the side supports resisting collapse into the grill, beefy but these are all heavy. Given the other issues with Bronco gross vehicle weight, I am not sure what is possible??
Ford Bronco Capable Front Bumper vs Heavy-Duty Modular Bumper Defender beach.JPG

Ford Bronco Capable Front Bumper vs Heavy-Duty Modular Bumper Disco Dirt.JPG
my

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The ones on my Defender 90 and Disco II could do it, SafariGard. The Disco II's bumper had the side supports resisting collapse into the grill, beefy but these are all heavy. Given the other issues with Bronco gross vehicle weight, I am not sure what is possible??

my
I don't think any modern vehicle will resist collapsing. It's part of the energy absorption process that dissipates energy and or progressively slows the vehicle instead of coming to an "abrupt" halt. Maybe you could tie the bumper into the frame past the energy absorbers, but that seems like a potentially dangerous option. Several mechanical engineers on the forum, they know much more than me. I just learned how to assess the damage after a crash and you usually started at the "crush zones" to look for deformation (it was often hard to see any damage outwardly after a crash with urethane bumpers and energy absorbers, but then you look at the crush zones and they were wrinkled and the paint flaked away).

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
The more I read on here, the more things I'll buy after market, probably to include bumper and grill/brush guard. $1125 should go a long way...

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't think any modern vehicle will resist collapsing. It's part of the energy absorption process that dissipates energy and or progressively slows the vehicle instead of coming to an "abrupt" halt. Maybe you could tie the bumper into the frame past the energy absorbers, but that seems like a potentially dangerous option. Several mechanical engineers on the forum, they know much more than me. I just learned how to assess the damage after a crash and you usually started at the "crush zones" to look for deformation (it was often hard to see any damage outwardly after a crash with urethane bumpers and energy absorbers, but then you look at the crush zones and they were wrinkled and the paint flaked away).
Again, I nice size buck has a good bounce to them, not talking about hitting another vehicle. As you can tell, from my experience with a few different animal hits, I do not believe even the airbags should deploy (a 400lb buck did not deploy airbags in a Audi Q7 hit that totaled my SUV with a full front hit, it did render the Q7 un-drivable and totaled). Again, your not hitting a wall, or a head on, or a truck; your basically taking the legs out from under a poor animal that wondered on the highway.

ARB looks like it should work too (assume they have the Bronco on their radar):
https://arbusa.com/bumpers-protection-equipment/summit-2/
Ford Bronco Capable Front Bumper vs Heavy-Duty Modular Bumper 20161011_5thGen_4Runner_Bar_Pre_SEMA_244-edit_538x303

Last edited:

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Again, I nice size buck has a good bounce to them, not talking about hitting another vehicle. As you can tell, from my experience with a few different animal hits, I do not believe even the airbags should deploy (a 400lb buck did not deploy airbags in a Audi Q7 hit that totaled my SUV with a full front hit, it did render the Q7 un-drivable and totaled). Again, your not hitting a wall, or a head on, or a truck; your basically taking the legs out from under a poor animal that wondered on the highway.

ARB looks like it should work too (assume they have the Bronco on their radar):
https://arbusa.com/bumpers-protection-equipment/summit-2/
Ford Bronco Capable Front Bumper vs Heavy-Duty Modular Bumper 20161011_5thGen_4Runner_Bar_Pre_SEMA_244-edit_538x303
I would think they do. I am looking closely at their catalog in another tab.
Sponsored