Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That helps, thanks! I ordered capable with my '22 - plan to take it off and put on something more robust.

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I almost upgraded my 22 BD to the mod. After looking at the factory winch mount in persons vs some aftermarket options I decided to keep the capable bumper. Im getting the 4wp setup. Ultimately will cost about the same but looks better imo and I still have oem fog light wiring and switch.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Denim on denim... Awesome.

@Tricky Dick - This is fashionable attire in the North.

Last edited:

Sponsored

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This was helpful. Modular 100%.

Jimmiee

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I originally ordered the capable front bumper but in order speed up my order, I dropped it along with the protective plastic film and the tow package. Now my order lists my bumper as a "FRONT POWDER COATED STEEL BUMPER" Is this bumper different than the modular bumper?

geronika

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
53 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Glad I ordered mod simply because it sticks out further. Wouldn't that lessen the chance of damaging the grill?

Dumb question, why order a better bumper if you're going to replace it with an aftermarket? Why go to the added expense?

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

🤓 I like the capable bumper more. Design cues are more suited to the overall design of the bronco. And I’ll never need a winch, so aesthetics can take more of a priority.

My question is whether there is a way to mount safari lights to the top of the capable bumper. Those I will need.

Sponsored

USAGUY

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the capable front bumper on my non squash badlands. I ordered it because I figured when I get the winch I’d be saving money and bolt that sucker right on. I was def wrong. the crazy price of the Ford winch & the blocking of the front camera makes no sense to me. I’ll have to wait for a better option or get a better bumper. Maybe get the hidden rough country winch. It’s not ideal, but better than nothing.
Def go modular.

MuttonBuster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12/20 Build BL/SAS/LUX/Tow/Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I originally ordered the capable front bumper but in order speed up my order, I dropped it along with the protective plastic film and the tow package. Now my order lists my bumper as a "FRONT POWDER COATED STEEL BUMPER" Is this bumper different than the modular bumper?
You ordered the Badlands? I think the Badlands comes with the Capable standard. I haven't heard of anyone dropping the capable and getting the standard (plastic) bumper on a Badlands. It sounds like you dropped the Capable bumper, but instead are getting the Capable bumper, haha.

I haven't heard of the Capable bumper being a constraint, either. Perhaps you ordered the modular and dropped the modular bumper?

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just saw on the youtubes that Bronco Wild Outdoors did a short clip comparing the two factory steel bumper options.

Hope this helps any of you on the fence.
My vote is for the Mod bumper, is looks better in my opinion.
Sponsored