First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Again, you're passing judgment on a heavily camo'ed model where we can't make out any of the details that would make it look more aggressive. Wait until it's revealed and then judge.
Never said anything about the prototypes not being aggressive I said the renders we’ve been seeing aren’t near aggressive enough.
Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Never said anything about the prototypes not being aggressive I said the renders we’ve been seeing aren’t near aggressive enough.
Those minor body lines make a big style difference. Most render guessers don't bother to try.

That's a big part of what put me off with the R. Just large swathes of smooth fiberglass with no minor body lines to give it style.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
aggressive
Sorry buddy. Just like you kind of rail on people who don't want the latest, crazy over top, tech. Most want the retro cue(s), styling, and the original
bronco was anything but aggressive, so you are in the minority. Have to give you the same answer you give out, go buy something else then.............
Sorry man, you kind of had it coming :)

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sorry buddy. Just like you kind of rail on people who don't want the latest, crazy over top, tech.
Since when is power windows and locks and a Bluetooth stereo, “crazy, over-the-top tech” lmao seriously???

I drew the comparison once before and I’ll do it again. The Bronco is going to be retro; but it’s going to be unmistakable in being a fully modern ford vehicle. Which means it’s going to have aggressive lines and features.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Most want the retro cue(s), styling, and the original
bronco was anything but aggressive
Funny thing is, you EB guys always start screaming about what the "original Bronco" was, but forget that the Bronco was a full size truck with F150-esque styling for the majority of its lifetime

The FSB always looked beefy and truck-like, so really, it would be more accurate to say that Broncos are supposed to be more F150-based and look more aggressive (or beefy, truck-like, strong, etc)

Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Funny thing is, you EB guys always start screaming about what the "original Bronco" was, but forget that the Bronco was a full size truck with F150-esque styling for the majority of its lifetime

The FSB always looked beefy and truck-like, so really, it would be more accurate to say that Broncos are supposed to be more F150-based and look more aggressive (or beefy, truck-like, strong, etc)
And yet the EB is by far the most popular and desire-able, was also the most capable offroad, mostly due to power/weight, SFA, and the size. And Ford has stated that the new Bronco will be using the EB as it's primary inspiration.

Don't get me wrong, I want a new FSB too, I just want them all made concurrently. And I think starting with a smaller EB inspired one first is the best route. Maybe in a couple of years give us a FSB as well (and hopefully with SD solid axles under it!)

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
And yet the EB is by far the most popular and desire-able, was also the most capable offroad, mostly due to power/weight, SFA, and the size. And Ford has stated that the new Bronco will be using the EB as it's primary inspiration.

Don't get me wrong, I want a new FSB too, I just want them all made concurrently. And I think starting with a smaller EB inspired one first is the best route. Maybe in a couple of years give us a FSB as well (and hopefully with SD solid axles under it!)
See, I can understand the logic here. It just irks me when people try to say that the Bronco "has always been" so and so and that's the reason something should be done a certain way. Fact of the matter is that the majority of Broncos, both in terms of time and raw numbers, have been FSBs. The sole reason that EBs are more desirable is because they're from an era of desirable cars. But if that same Bronco debuted in, say, 1980? It would've been a complete flop