bronco100

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
"The Bronco's digital tachometer, however, is small and difficult to read".

Glad to see a major publication calling Ford out on their garbage tach. Wonder if Ford will ever listen and release an update. Benefit of it being a digital tach, is that it's possible to update it!!!

Obviously they realized to some extent how utterly stupid it was since they have vastly improved designs for many vehicles such as the Bronco Raptor and the new Mustang, both which also have digital tachs.

I can only assume that @Ford Motor Company could not possibly care less what any of us think of it though, otherwise they would have fixed it already.
Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Swooshdave is a very rich man. That Bronco’s been dipped in premium! Costs are nothing, his accountants in New York handle that. :ROFLMAO:
I get my gas at Costco so the premium is the same price as regular elsewhere.

think-smart-meme.gif

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"The Bronco's digital tachometer, however, is small and difficult to read, particularly as it's too similar to the fuel-level indicator."

The dash layout is a major pet peeve of mine, especially after seeing the Braptor tachometer.
I want that one. Old school analog, can't be beat imho.

Noise level is a non issue for me, maybe they made improvements in the last 12 months?
I can make a call at any speed with no noise problem.

Very disappointed they didn't install a brake hold system, would've been useful on the trail too.
NORMAL driving mode doesn't show you which gear you are in.....lame. As is Auto/start/stop.
No SPORT mode on the Badlands....SUPER LAME!
Ugliest engine bay I've ever laid eyes on. Luckily I don't have to see it very often.

Ride quality, brake sensitivity, 10 speed transmission and 2.7 POWER are light years ahead of my (now sold) 2006 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited. Gobs of torque.

Baja mode is a BLAST.
Rock climbing capability so far has been impressive.
Steering is spot on, no wandering.
I think the B&O sound system is amazing.
Never had Apple CarPlay before...way cool.

I smile every time I head out of the driveway........
This pretty much sums up my experience.

Digital dash and brake hold would be awesome. I'm pretty sure they had it planned for the Lux or as an option but then pulled it back at some point.

The brake hold I had on my X5 was awesome. I miss that. (That would be the only thing I miss...)

Finbox

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KLR650
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yeah, in traffic brake hold is a game changer

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
My hardtop and many others are louder than soft tops. It’s ridiculously loud.
Seams. The 4-door hard top has a lot more seams than the soft top.

That being said, my hard top 2-door has a lot less road noise than my last Mustang. That thing never sealed right, and you got horrible whistling at anything over 60 from right over the rear view mirror.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Bronco is an exception to this. It is detuned on regular and you must use premium to get the maximum rated output. Ford states it clearly.
Not a "Bronco" thing. Ford eco-boost thing. The eco-boost mustang also develops more HP on higher octane gas.

Unfortunately, you don't get enough better MPG to make up for the additional 60 cents a gallon or whatever it is this week.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not a "Bronco" thing. Ford eco-boost thing. The eco-boost mustang also develops more HP on higher octane gas.

Unfortunately, you don't get enough better MPG to make up for the additional 60 cents a gallon or whatever it is this week.
True, and probably a lot of other brands/models with factory turbos too.

Bronccraig

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Challenger RT Hemi Orange
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Our 2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch Keeps on Bucking
The Bronco might be loud, but it hasn't stopped moving.

Link to article:
https://www.caranddriver.com/review...o-badlands-sasquatch-reliability-maintenance/

Love this part:

As much as we love our long-term Cadillac CT4-V and CT5-V Blackwings, BMW M3, and Porsche 718 Cayman GTS, the Bronco has proven even more often requested by C/D staffers. Lago declared: "This thing rules! It made driving in the snow fun and adventurous instead of stressful and nerve-racking." Sutton maintains that "the timelessly cool design remains one of the Bronco's greatest strengths." Stafford's overall impression is that the Bronco's ride and handling, roomier interior, and modern features make it a better choice for daily use than the Jeep Wrangler.
I have 65 miles on mine and love my 2 BB MT HT CG Bronco..what noise..im just happy I guess but im a simple man )

luntz

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited LJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the driver steps on the brake pedal to stop, then the system will retain the braking force and maintain the vehicle in a stopped state, even when the driver's foot is removed from the pedal.

You can take your foot off the pedal and tap to the music. Once you have a car that has it, you never want to go back to one that doesn't.

Sponsored

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If the driver steps on the brake pedal to stop, then the system will retain the braking force and maintain the vehicle in a stopped state, even when the driver's foot is removed from the pedal.

You can take your foot off the pedal and tap to the music. Once you have a car that has it, you never want to go back to one that doesn't.
I have never heard of this before, somehow.

Donkeygyrl

Base
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I hear wind noise ,but its a square box and thats expected.

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They lost me somewhere in the third or forth paragraph about road noise. Kids these days. . . Go wheeling in your Bronco, worry about noise in a different car.
My 2 door is quiet!

KidBroSweets

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do hear the road noise, but when you have something with a removable hard top, not sure that you should expect any different.

I’ve said it a few times, the Bronco ain’t your Lincoln; it has a more raw feel to it, yet it also feels planted and there is some refinement which I did not expect. I also have the roof liner.

Will also add that the B&O stereo for the 2023 does not suck at all. Not sure you’ll go booming down the block, but the mid range isn’t as terrible as I’d heard; maybe it’s the subwoofer out back.

It’s not a luxury ride by any means and I love it for it!

Also, once I moved up to some Shell 89 gas, there’s noticeably more pep in my 2.7. Will wait until 900 miles + before trying some 93.
Why wait till 900 plus miles to use premium?
Sponsored