Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport, Harley-Davidson Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gorgeous for sure.

But I cannot possibly be the only one disappointed this video didn't show the landing.

Can I?...
Ford Bronco Car and Driver Review: 2021 Bronco Goes Big, Sticks the Landing (w/ tested acceleration & MPG figures) E36F480F-104B-4125-8A36-B756C2E24914
Sponsored

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I gotta say, a manual with a 5.0 would break my retirement plans for sure... but damn it would be fun, and probably a last hurrah before that's all gone. Hell I'll wreck those plans with a major power plant (i.e. V8/3.5 turbo) if it's with a manual.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

quite a jump, nothing I'll ever do with anything I own though, LOL.

Some good articles coming out, personally I don't care about 0-60, never did a test with any of the cars I've owned, not expecting a heavy truck to do anything amazing there. Not what I'm buying this for, I'd be looking at flat European things if acceleration would be what I want. I won't even have 'sports' mode in my BL and don't care, it's not a sports car, LOL.

Nice to read about the good road manners though, as that's unfortunately where my ride will spend most of it's time, no trails anywhere close by. So even trail adventures will overall be mostly on roads and highways.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I won't even have 'sports' mode in my BL and don't care, it's not a sports car, LOL.
Looks at order sheet:
Rapid Red, 2 doors, manual transmission.... it's a sports car. :cool:
Definitely not a Mustang though.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yah too bad you have to get the '"weak sauce" with the 2.3". At least you know what your getting.
Or maybe you don't. Just remember these reviews are coming from the automotive experts. It's not "here say" or over enthusiastic new owners that are clueless.
Happy shifting.
the only criticism I have of the automotive experts is they are handed keys to all the best cars to beat the crap out of them and then turn the keys back in for another great car. Said quicker, their perspective isn’t like ordinary folk. One of my favorite automotive expert criticisms is that the top of a dash uses too hard of a plastic. I only touch the top of the dash to clean it so I don’t really care how hard it is.

Sponsored

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
There is a reason they didn't show the landing, ya think. As for engine,,, this is what they do. Leave room for more HP in a few years so you can all trade for the better one. How hard would it be to put the 3.5 in there. Then you can get 37's from the factory. I would sell my soul for a 5.0, stick, white roof. Just like my '70 & '75.
I think you are exactly right. A model refresh when sales start to dip in 3-5 years with a 3.5 or NA motor (or maybe a hybrid if tech improves) will give the bronco a noticeable bump in sales. Especially if the tow rating bumps up slightly as well with perhaps the better R80 transmission. They can also clean up the winch issue and the rear interior problems quite easily. Bronco hit a solid double/triple, but left some room for future improvement. I think the next refresh in 3-5 years will be the sweet spot to buy.

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
the only criticism I have of the automotive experts is they are handed keys to all the best cars to beat the crap out of them and then turn the keys back in for another great car. Said quicker, their perspective isn’t like ordinary folk. One of my favorite automotive expert criticisms is that the top of a dash uses too hard of a plastic. I only touch the top of the dash to clean it so I don’t really care how hard it is.
I never said you have to like what they say, but they see and test a lot of vehicles and you get a better idea of what your getting thanks to them. Or you can believe the inconsistent silly stuff from ordinary folks. I will stick with the experts as they are educated use fancy test equipment and are unbiased.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There is a reason they didn't show the landing, ya think. As for engine,,, this is what they do. Leave room for more HP in a few years so you can all trade for the better one. How hard would it be to put the 3.5 in there. Then you can get 37's from the factory. I would sell my soul for a 5.0, stick, white roof. Just like my '70 & '75.

As my 2011 F-150 3.5 Ecoboost continues to age, the idea of an engine swap once the F-150 has lost all it's value seems more and more appealing (5-6 years down the road), especially if I am going to replace the timing chain in the near future. LOL.
Sponsored