Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think they got some sand on the undercarriage...

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OK, so the 2.3 is slower in the loaded Broncos, especially with the bigger tires and wheels than the V6, but I'm getting a 2dr with the manual in a base package with the 30" tires and that has to be more robust than my 180-190 hp 210 lbft manual Toyota with 30" tires.

What s the weight difference of the base 2dr Bronco with the smaller engine and a manual and my old 2002 manual Tacoma which was about 4300-4400 lbs, my tare weigh at the dump and it included a topper & as run daily with the usual get out trouble stuff, snow chains, straps, shovel some tools and, you know, stuff? Hence the 100lb difference from one trip to another.

And with the smaller tires, which served me well living in the mountains in the snow and off road on trails... the age of my truck kept me more honest on not overdoing it in places like Johnson's Valley or the forest trails around the San Bernadino Mountains near Big Bear, CA, or Death Valley and Borrego Springs than the size of my tires or HP. So 300 hp and more in lbft sounds good to me.

I would love a Sasquatch with a V6 if it came with a manual, but my next best is to keep it simple, more like my 2002 Tacoma

Lastly, while many on here sound like off road enthusiast and will use accordingly, we all know there are many that will get a Bronco with the big tire wheel option that will never go beyond a dirt road, while there will be those that take a base a go to a lot of cool places too... just not the "class 5". or whatever.

Don't forget that an 85 Mustang GT took 5.5-6 secs to go 0-60, and a V6 Camry can do that today, so 6 or 7 secs for a truck, is not so bad... And it's on a frame, so it's OK to call it a truck!

Last edited:

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I actually want a V8. I want the manual a lot more though. Wouldn't even consider a Bronco if it were automatic only.
Yah too bad you have to get the '"weak sauce" with the 2.3". At least you know what your getting.
Or maybe you don't. Just remember these reviews are coming from the automotive experts. It's not "here say" or over enthusiastic new owners that are clueless.
Happy shifting.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yah too bad you have to get the '"weak sauce" with the 2.3". At least you know what your getting.
Or maybe you don't. Just remember these reviews are coming from the automotive experts. It's not "here say" or over enthusiastic new owners that are clueless.
Happy shifting.
Yes nothing screams expert testimony like "weak sauce" 🤣

Sponsored

bigtexyahoocom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 S2000
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
0-60 is a nice way to compare apples-to-apples... so there's that.

In practical usage though, very few of us will ever need to go 0-60... in reality you'll be going 0-30 from a stop light, and then 30-65 as you accelerate on the highway onramp... and I think these arenas are probably where the ecoboosts in the Bronco come out feeling perfectly cromulent to the people who have been driving them.
Some people just wish they had embiggened the engine a bit more from the factory

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is beautiful and a perfect shot from C&D
Gorgeous for sure.

But I cannot possibly be the only one disappointed this video didn't show the landing.

Can I?...

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There is a reason they didn't show the landing, ya think. As for engine,,, this is what they do. Leave room for more HP in a few years so you can all trade for the better one. How hard would it be to put the 3.5 in there. Then you can get 37's from the factory. I would sell my soul for a 5.0, stick, white roof. Just like my '70 & '75.
Sponsored