Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am interested in a car cover for outside. The bronco will not be my daily driver and will be parked out in the driveway under trees.

I looked up cover king and sent them an email about the covers they are making for the bronco. I will post an update when I receive a response next week.

what are some outside car covers y’all have that you like? Brands/types?
What should I be looking for in a cover that will be outside and under trees? Types of materials #of layers etc?

thanks
Sponsored

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You'll need to select a cover based upon the weather conditions in your area.

I've had excellent performance from Covercraft Weathershield HD, they make covers for all conditions.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
That sounds like something that would get old really quick doing it daily. I didn't even like putting on my cycle cover when i had a to park it outside. If a carport is feasible I'd look into that

Sponsored
OP
OP
RLW

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That sounds like something that would get old really quick doing it daily. I didn't even like putting on my cycle cover when i had a to park it outside. If a carport is feasible I'd look into that
It will not be my daily driver.
Very likely it won’t move for a week or two at a time.
only a weekend/for fun vehicle.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am interested in a car cover for outside. The bronco will not be my daily driver and will be parked out in the driveway under trees.

I looked up cover king and sent them an email about the covers they are making for the bronco. I will post an update when I receive a response next week.

what are some outside car covers y’all have that you like? Brands/types?
What should I be looking for in a cover that will be outside and under trees? Types of materials #of layers etc?

thanks
Yes, please let us know what your hear from them.
IMO, the Covercraft ones on the Ford PDF List are $ too much. I have had 3-4 Covers for Show Cars from "California Car Cover". I am sure they will make one (soon) for the Bronco. Make sure you choose the outdoor model. If you have the roof rack, that may need a larger size and my only question would be if it will cover the rear spare or have a opening for it. He
Ford Bronco Car cover for outdoors questions P1010034.JPG
re is an indoor cover on my Charger:

Bronco Finder

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150 , Broncos 76, 75, 72, 72, 68, 67, 66
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I as well will be only driving mine on weekends only because I have a company work truck I drive during weekdays ( I'm in construction)
My wife gets one side of the garage, and my 72 bronco is in the other side.
My issue is rain 9 months out of the year, so looking for something waterproof I guess? I have a dust cover over my 72 not rated for rain.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
It will not be my daily driver.
Very likely it won’t move for a week or two at a time.
only a weekend/for fun vehicle.
Damn, i swear i read that a couple times before i posted, the older i get the more dyslexic i get. :ROFLMAO:
Reading is FUNdamental!

I second the carport idea, that's a great idea

OP
OP
RLW

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I as well will be only driving mine on weekends only because I have a company work truck I drive during weekdays ( I'm in construction)
My wife gets one side of the garage, and my 72 bronco is in the other side.
My issue is rain 9 months out of the year, so looking for something waterproof I guess? I have a dust cover over my 72 not rated for rain.
So I did some quick internet reading about car covers. Seems that you want water “resistant” as opposed to water “proof”. As it still allows it to breath and doesn’t create a greenhouse effect under the cover. I have zero personal experience with car covers, just what I read over the last couple of days.

I live in East Tennessee, so we do have a lot of moisture, rain and humidity. Where my bronco will be parked there are a lot of trees, including hemlock trees, so sap and birds are my main concern.

the price of the covers listed in the pdf seem a bit much. Even going to their website if you get the most expensive outside cover they have for a corvette it’s only about $450. So I need to find out more from the cover king company. And honestly likely find another company that will be making covers within a year or so.

Sponsored

Brownie

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, 1981 Trans Am, 1972 Austin Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My .02, don't bother. If your Bronco is not washed and dried first, every time you cover it....you risk scratching it with the cover. Put a good coat of wax or ceramic on it and anything that drops on it will come off easy enough.

Bronco Finder

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150 , Broncos 76, 75, 72, 72, 68, 67, 66
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I did some quick internet reading about car covers. Seems that you want water “resistant” as opposed to water “proof”. As it still allows it to breath and doesn’t create a greenhouse effect under the cover. I have zero personal experience with car covers, just what I read over the last couple of days.

I live in East Tennessee, so we do have a lot of moisture, rain and humidity. Where my bronco will be parked there are a lot of trees, including hemlock trees, so sap and birds are my main concern.

the price of the covers listed in the pdf seem a bit much. Even going to their website if you get the most expensive outside cover they have for a corvette it’s only about $450. So I need to find out more from the cover king company. And honestly likely find another company that will be making covers within a year or so.
Great info THX

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Outdoor covers are a pain in the backside, especially if under trees (AKA Bird poop landing zone), and only stay waterproof if you re-coat them, and wear out in 2 or 3 years. I got so tired of messing with it I built a carport.

OP
OP
RLW

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like I’m looking into getting a carport put in.
Probably have the backside double as a place to store a wood 🪵 pile as well.

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Car covers outside are worse than nothing at all. Inside for longer term storage, keep dust off fine. Outdoors unless the car is perfectly clean when covered and there is no wind, all the cover does is grind dust and dirt into your paint.
Sponsored