Feldgen

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW/Land Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey, you are too self-critical on your carpentry skills! Very creative. The fabrics looks to be much better than the Ford option. It is still winter weather in the NE where I am and I do not anticipate taking my hardtop off fully until May, but I am going to give this cover a shot and will post any improvements I make to the installation in the coming months. Maybe another cover option will arise in that time that is affordable. Thank you for sharing!
This has been covered in other posts, but are your panel tops a different shade than your rear hardtop component? Although I have had my Bronco since 4/22, I do not have 2k miles on it yet as it is a spare vehicle, so I have not taken it in for service and addressed the issue with Ford (which I assume will go nowhere). I have not spent a lot of time researching this issue and assume it is what I get as an early 2022 with the MIC top issues.
Sponsored

tommywoodrum

Base
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Kia
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This has been covered in other posts, but are your panel tops a different shade than your rear hardtop component? Although I have had my Bronco since 4/22, I do not have 2k miles on it yet as it is a spare vehicle, so I have not taken it in for service and addressed the issue with Ford (which I assume will go nowhere). I have not spent a lot of time researching this issue and assume it is what I get as an early 2022 with the MIC top issues.
I do not have any issues with color variation on my MIC roof that I can see. I took delivery 10.15.22.

Evans67bro

Black Diamond
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250, 67Bronco,2022 BD,2023 BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for all the info on this post. I was just thinking that I really want to take the hard top off my 2door this summer and want an answer for the summer time storms. Until someone makes a decent fitting and looking soft top that folds all the way down I think this is going to be my summertime answer.

OP
OP
Feldgen

Feldgen

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW/Land Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It would be great if Bestop came out with a product solution for this (wink wink, hey Bestop) that is affordable. Otherwise, at this point in writing this, your options are (1) Ford accessory part that is not waterproof and needs to be treated - plus it has water pooling issues; (2) aftermarket knockoff that appears to be waterproof and made from thicker materials but is still cheap and does not deal with water pooling; or (3) the Broncover option (which is very overpriced in my opinion, but I understand scale of production costs to get to market etc.).

In any case, option 1 and 2 require improvisation to prevent water pooling and have poorly designed straps. However, you can purchase several of option 1 and 2 (and your waterproof option) and still come in less than purchasing a Broncover.

As Bronco production increases and more accessory manufacturers jump into the game, there will be more options and this post will be moot.

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It would be great if Bestop came out with a product solution for this (wink wink, hey Bestop) that is affordable. Otherwise, at this point in writing this, your options are (1) Ford accessory part that is not waterproof and needs to be treated - plus it has water pooling issues; (2) aftermarket knockoff that appears to be waterproof and made from thicker materials but is still cheap and does not deal with water pooling; or (3) the Broncover option (which is very overpriced in my opinion, but I understand scale of production costs to get to market etc.).

in any case, option 1 and 2 require improvisation to prevent water pooling and have poorly designed straps. However, you can purchase several of option 1 and 2 (and your waterproof option) and still come in less than purchasing a Broncover.

As Bronco production increases and more accessory manufacturers jump into the game, there will be more options and this post will be moot.
I have the Broncover, and a buddy had the Ford cover, which is now in the garbage. Based on quality and materials it’s easily worth the 2x cost over the useless Ford cover. It’s very high quality waterproof fabric and straps, fits like a glove, and includes the pooling solution. No regrets here.

sjjohnny

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Black Diamond, '00 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Should be good for dust. And if you leave it on during the day you can bake bread inside.
Agree, it's unfortunate the cover is black... but you cannot have everything. My use is mostly under a carport so not a big deal, but we'll see. It's $75 vs $300+

Last edited:

CyberOrangeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Broncover is $400? Damn

Sponsored
OP
OP
Feldgen

Feldgen

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW/Land Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ditto. $370. Too pricey for what it is. Always a market.
I have the Broncover, and a buddy had the Ford cover, which is now in the garbage. Based on quality and materials it’s easily worth the 2x cost over the useless Ford cover. It’s very high quality waterproof fabric and straps, fits like a glove, and includes the pooling solution. No regrets here.
With the leftover from the $78 cover vs the Broncover tarp, I can put it towards the cost of eggs and heating oil here in the NE. I bought a Bronco, not a Land Rover. I like the tarp comment, but I do have some decorum.

vick

First Name
Vick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just found this on Amazon for $78. Only 1 review and it gave no details. They make it for the 4 door as well for the same price. Just ordered it so hit me up if you're interested in how it works.

Waterproof Cab Cover Replace for 2021 -2023 Ford Bronco 2 Door, 600D Oxford Cloth Heavy Duty All Weather Bronco Cover for Sun Snow Rain Dust Hail Protection (2 Door)
61MLCAPW94L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71tATT03muL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-Replace-Bronco-Weather-Protection/dp/B0BG58KW8F/ref=sr_1_6?crid=1PH21KABPRBQT&keywords=bronco+2+door+soft+top&qid=1676503687&s=automotive&sprefix=bronco+2+door+soft+top,automotive,160&sr=1-6&ufe=app_do:amzn1.fos.18ed3cb5-28d5-4975-8bc7-93deae8f9840#customerReviews
how is it? Do you think it would fit the raptor?

vick

First Name
Vick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
FYI, I use an extendable paint rolling poll as my “center support.” For $78 I will pick up the Amazon cab cover as well. Thanks for the link.
How is it? Would it fit the Raptor?