Threads
Reaction score
Website
krucifixproductions.com
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia, 2021 Big Bend Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Okay I am new to the soft top world. My truck is full of rock salt and disgustingly dirty (I am in NJ). What’s the protocol for car washes? I’d love to baby it with a gentle hand washing but not in the middle of winter with temps below 20 degrees outside. TIA!
I did it only one time and never went back but I take my Bronco to the car wash with the wands, spray it down really good then use the microfiber towels to clean and dry it off. It works for me.
Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I only wash by hand. Only Ph neutral car wash soap with no waxes or sealants in the wash. I do not wash the top, only the windows with lots of suds. If it is cold, you can use a foam cannon, followed by a bucket with a long handle microfiber. I just treated my soft top with 3 coats of RaggTopp protectant and plan to spray it every 6 months.

If I were to use a do it yourself place, I would bring my own bucket, soap, and long handle mircrofiber, just using the pressure spray wand with water only.

Below is a linkt to a youtube channel that I can watch for hours. Everything you want to know about washing cars and car care products:

HOW TO WASH YOUR CAR LIKE A PRO!! - YouTube

broncoGIRL21

Big Bend
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I take my soft top through the car wash all the time. Probably a dozen times since I've had it. I have never had a problem, the soft top doesn't leak or anything.

My Bronco is fine.
Do the brushes scratch up your windows?

bikearch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I take my soft top through the car wash all the time. Probably a dozen times since I've had it. I have never had a problem, the soft top doesn't leak or anything.

My Bronco is fine.
I just had it done and absolutely no problem!!! Though the underside needs another approach!!

SigSauer226

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Fastback, 2011 Ford Mustang G
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're the guy in Glen Rock right? There is an awesome hand car wash in Paterson right over the bridge from Maple Ave. I've used it a few times they do a great job. Do not go to an automated car wash.

You got your ride? We should meet up.

Sponsored

ATX_Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do the brushes scratch up your windows?
If the lighting is just right sometimes I will see some small swirls on the back window when I'm driving. Maybe they are scratches from the wash, but I also have been storing the soft top frequently in my garage....so, who knows. Either way not enough to concern me. I will still use the car wash.

Gizmo

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2020 Porsche Macan 23 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So, the people who live in the frozen tundra, do you use a car wash in the winter? I am flip flopping on what top to get once I am able to order.

Cl1ckst3r

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have the soft-top and I have used the touchless carwash several times with no issues. My one mistake was wiping the water of rear window with a terry cloth towel in a circular motion. Use micro fiber only and wipe from up to down.

I did hand wash over the summer but that was just because I completely removed the top.

As for ordering Hardtop vs. Soft-top, I really didn't have a choice--I'd probably still be waiting for the hard top. ;-)
Sponsored