First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
suppliers that would do it for a few hundred units? I assumed these things required serious tooling. Or maybe Im underestimating the aftermarket, I assumed these things were done with different techniques, not million dollar tooling.
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

suppliers that would do it for a few hundred units? I assumed these things required serious tooling. Or maybe Im underestimating the aftermarket, I assumed these things were done with different techniques, not million dollar tooling.
They are material suppliers, to sell anybody honeycomb, to build your own whatever. They don't sell finished products.

GreyBronco

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element. 2 Civics and a Kawasaki ZRX1200R
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anderson COmp.jpg

Anderson Composites slipped us a little teaser! Behold... their Carbon Fiber Bronco Roof!

Here's what we know so far :

- For 4-Door Models (to start).
- Will be available in both Carbon Fiber and Composite.
- Will be included with tinted glass, wiper, wiring, and new Ford OEM weatherstripping.

STAY TUNED WITH US FOR MORE DETAILS!

Joe Rocchio / [email protected]
877-2-LETHAL | lethalperformance.com
1637347377084-png-png-png-png-png.png
No 2 door again? Sounds like its going to look nice, but the economy is getting tighter the longer you wait. Pass

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Aside from the cool factor, what would be the benefit of this?

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
what a nice looking rig. If the carbon doesn’t save more than 20% weight and not cost more than 30% more the take rate will be mostly composite. I like the weight saving idea but 15~30 total pounds is not a major factor. 50+ is a meaningful number. I think chasing an exotic visible carbon weave top design is niche market. Maybe they know they know the make rate could never keep up with a budge conscious composite, so why bother. The exposed carbon adds
Complexity around layup and requires UV stable resins, whereas a primed composite is far less demanding.

From a market perspective, it makes more sense to innovate a top rather than copy the FoMoCo version. However being able to visit a dealer for a piece of
Glass or seals is pretty solid. If they are copying, copy the MOD too not the MIC top.

Jeep blended the hard vs soft top debate with the sky active one touch. It would also be my choice for how to
Maximize the fun and function while minimizing the stress associated with security. No way the aftermarket does it, but I’m sure Jeep spent a lot of time with Jeeper’s to market research the final design. Just sayin.

Sponsored

IXxMcCoyxXl

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Would love this but definitely going to be way way out of my price range

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
2 door left behind again. Despite all 2 door being hard top. Looks interesting, good luck to them.
This actually makes sense, as a lot of us purchased soft tops for the obvious reason with the intent of getting a hardtop later. Not only that, of course they are going to make the model with the highest demand.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
not bad $$$. imo HUGE opportunity for someone to come to market with a good 4d hardtop for a reasonable price. if adv is going to be 6500 for modular with hookups i feel like hitting the 3-4 range will just rake.
Got that right. For 6500 I think I will enjoy my soft top for at least a few more years. For 3 - 4, yeah I'm in!

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Anyone else notice the dry carbon fiber tube doors?? ;)
Ford Bronco CARBON FIBER ROOF FOR BRONCO! Sneak Peek from Anderson Composites - Lethal Performance image001

Last edited:

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base

Sponsored

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, as a soft top and convertible guy, I'll run with the softie for a while till the market catches up and matures a bit. I'm fortunate to live in a more rural and temperate area, so some will have legitimate reasons for needing hard tops. I'll let them work the kinks out. A good soft top should last 5-7 years with good care and maintenance. I'll see where the market goes in that time. If a reasonable mod top were available at a reasonable price, that could accelerate my plan, but I doubt it.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is just a small roof panel. A Bronco hardtop could easily 2x or 3x this price.
Agree. My estimate is 3x to 4x for the Carbon Fiber.