First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Willys Unlimited; 2022 Bronco BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
With the add-ons at ADV (headliner and wiper - defrost is included on all tops) it is $750 more as of this morning. That doesn't include shipping either. ADV prices apparently will be going up further as soon as pre-orders are finished. However, and this is just my opinion but the ADV is significantly better looking with the way it follows the body line. Andersons is a direct copy of the MIC which I have disliked since day 1. They both look like a Honda Element.
ADV definitely has a great looking top with how the back slants. I like that more than the oem.
Sponsored

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ADV definitely has a great looking top with how the back slants. I like that more than the oem.
I actually reached out yesterday to ask John at ADV why they chose this style vs oem. Primarily it was to follow the classic bronco lines and secondarily, they ran a poll with three options from three renderings: oem style straight like the Anderson, classic with the top following the body line, and a much more aggressive fastback. The classic following the body line was the overwhelming winner.

So that is where we are at with two manufacturers making two styles at relatively close price points about to get into customers hands. Everyone except the fastback guys gets what they want if you want to spend the money.

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I actually reached out yesterday to ask John at ADV why they chose this style vs oem. Primarily it was to follow the classic bronco lines and secondarily, they ran a poll with three options from three renderings: oem style straight like the Anderson, classic with the top following the body line, and a much more aggressive fastback. The classic following the body line was the overwhelming winner.

So that is where we are at with two manufacturers making two styles at relatively close price points about to get into customers hands. Everyone except the fastback guys gets what they want if you want to spend the money.
I also prefer the ADV slant, as it more closely resembles the classic Bronco...which is what 6g is supposed to resemble. The OEM reminds me of a Honda Element...

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I also prefer the ADV slant, as it more closely resembles the classic Bronco...which is what 6g is supposed to resemble. The OEM reminds me of a Honda Element...
I agree. IMO Ford could have NAILED the soft top if they followed the line of the line of the rear window and not had that bump out at the top. They're making improvements - but, that frame protruding hasn't been one of them.

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@LethalPerformance

Have you all heard anything about when the Black tops will start shipping out?

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@LethalPerformance

Have you all heard anything about when the Black tops will start shipping out?
I’m really excited to see them come to fruition as well. Ford really screwed the pooch not matching the rest of the plastics. But, I’m super happy to have a MIC after 1.5 years with the softie.

Ford Bronco CARBON FIBER ROOF FOR BRONCO! Sneak Peek from Anderson Composites - Lethal Performance 91EE6B30-8268-49DD-A9B2-CA3C0347020E

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

AC posted a few days ago a photo of Black Hard tops shipping on their IG account. The first 20 they said. Anyone in here get any news of theirs being one?

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Can’t wait to see what an actual black top looks like.

Michael Grasso

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Talked to Mike at BMT Extreme, put my order in for the Black! Now it’s just wait!

mg
Ford Bronco CARBON FIBER ROOF FOR BRONCO! Sneak Peek from Anderson Composites - Lethal Performance B874ECAA-DE6D-4BD8-BEDC-DB3A644912B6

Sponsored

Michael Grasso

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whats the estimated wait?
He said hopefully in May. Since I have the soft top and that it’ll be going on summer doesn’t really matter for me.
Now I just need to think about selling of keeping the soft top, wondering what the going rate is.

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He said hopefully in May. Since I have the soft top and that it’ll be going on summer doesn’t really matter for me.
Now I just need to think about selling of keeping the soft top, wondering what the going rate is.
That's promising to hear. BroncBuster mentioned they were already 2 years back on one of this videos, maybe he was referring to the Carbon Fiber one or was confusing them with ADV

I ordered mine in Black on the first day orders were taken and haven't heard anything yet. Super anxious to get it.

Michael Grasso

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's promising to hear. BroncBuster mentioned they were already 2 years back on one of this videos, maybe he was referring to the Carbon Fiber one or was confusing them with ADV

I ordered mine in Black on the first day orders were taken and haven't heard anything yet. Super anxious to get it.
8-10 weeks on standard
12 weeks on CF
Only real holdup is the Ford parts trickling in.
After 10 mins on the phone with ADV and the same with Anderson the choice was so simple.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

8-10 weeks on standard
12 weeks on CF
Only real holdup is the Ford parts trickling in.
After 10 mins on the phone with ADV and the same with Anderson the choice was so simple.
4 month min on the 2 Dr carbon.
Sponsored