First Name
Jerod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carbonized gray 2 dr BadLands Sans-Squatch ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
YUUUUGE shoutout to @Cappy for taking his time to indulge me.

I was not thrilled with any of the color choices, other than the I can’t get Lightning Blue, so ended up ordering Carbonized Gray with full intentions of changing it.

Ford Bronco Carbonized errrrr Leadfoot! DA77F691-A65B-4A1F-ACFC-D7DAC09C3BDC

While a sharp color on it’s own, and I have owned many gray fords over the years this color just didn’t do it for me seeing it in person. Too close to silver for my tastes.

Reached out to Cappy for some editing skills to render up what I have in mind. Exterior will be Ford Leadfoot from the F150, parted by whatever natural seams in the door openings or other features align to keep CG on the interior and roll bars.

Looks Freakin awesome with all the black/cg plastic stuff for contrasts. Should be pretty quick and easy scuff and shoot when I finally get my Bronco. My step dad is a lifelong painter, and does phenomenal work. Might even get crazy with a stripe or something painted in when the time comes.

Without further ado if you’re still reading!

Ford Bronco Carbonized errrrr Leadfoot! 4246B2EF-12EB-4E95-BC2A-67012D1765B6

Ford Bronco Carbonized errrrr Leadfoot! CF6651D1-91D6-4912-9E5F-0A39398114B3

Sponsored

Last edited:

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Kinda kills the ‘cactus’ part of it.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You could wrap it.

Ford Bronco Carbonized errrrr Leadfoot! 1618442798988

OP
OP
jay-rod427

jay-rod427

Badlands
First Name
Jerod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You could wrap it.

Ford Bronco Carbonized errrrr Leadfoot! 1618442798988
Thought about that, but wraps have short lifespan, my stepdad and I will paint it for just the cost of the paint, and will be good opportunity to thicken up the clear coat and buff out orange peel, and be able to buff out Arizona pinstripes down the road.

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Really cool! Don’t worry about the haters man, lead foot is an awesome color..

Some people are still stuck on the ole metallic paints of 60-70s....

OP
OP
jay-rod427

jay-rod427

Badlands
First Name
Jerod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Really cool! Don’t worry about the haters man, lead foot is an awesome color..

Some people are still stuck on the ole metallic paints of 60-70s....
Appreciate it man. Fell in love with the color the first time I saw it in person. F150 with the black appearance package that was new for 2020

sasbend2

Big Bend
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Fox body, 2014 Mustang GT, 2006 F150 SC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That is awesome, I also wish this was available, would not have looked at any other color.

Sponsored

Mjcraig

Big Bend
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota highlander
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
YUUUUGE shoutout to @Cappy for taking his time to indulge me.

I was not thrilled with any of the color choices, other than the I can’t get Lightning Blue, so ended up ordering Carbonized Gray with full intentions of changing it.

Ford Bronco Carbonized errrrr Leadfoot! 20180227_085156

While a sharp color on it’s own, and I have owned many gray fords over the years this color just didn’t do it for me seeing it in person. Too close to silver for my tastes.

Reached out to Cappy for some editing skills to render up what I have in mind. Exterior will be Ford Leadfoot from the F150, parted by whatever natural seams in the door openings or other features align to keep CG on the interior and roll bars.

Looks Freakin awesome with all the black/cg plastic stuff for contrasts. Should be pretty quick and easy scuff and shoot when I finally get my Bronco. My step dad is a lifelong painter, and does phenomenal work. Might even get crazy with a stripe or something painted in when the time comes.

Without further ado if you’re still reading!

Very cool color and neat that you are able to share this project with your step dad. Lifelong Bronco memories. I am a very late reservation holder and have only been lurking for a few months. I really appreciate all of the different ideas everyone has. Almost everybody on here seem like they are genuinely good people. Everytime I read something from a complete jerk and get irritated its from the same guy. If I knew I pissed somebody off or upset them, it would genuinely bug me. Some people just do not get it.

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I had leadfoot on my '18 Raptor and loved it. Think it would look great on a 2DR.

Man those shorty raptors are the best.
saw LF on a local focus rs recently and it was cool. I think it would be a cool color for a painted mod top too; which I think does not apply to all colors. My Area 51 for instance looks better IMO with the mic over a potentially too much A51 as a painted mod top option.

Broncomputer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would have gotten this instead of A51 because I wanted a non-metallic paint as well.

Cactus Grey was too green for me, and although A51 can be too teal, I think it has enough character that I'll be happy with it.

If I ever get tired of it, since we're able to take off the fenders pretty easily I think a self wrap would be doable, in like a Nardo Grey or some other color.

OP
OP
jay-rod427

jay-rod427

Badlands
First Name
Jerod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would have gotten this instead of A51 because I wanted a non-metallic paint as well.

Cactus Grey was too green for me, and although A51 can be too teal, I think it has enough character that I'll be happy with it.

If I ever get tired of it, since we're able to take off the fenders pretty easily I think a self wrap would be doable, in like a Nardo Grey or some other color.
That is exactly why I don't like the Carbonized. Too much metallic flake makes it resemble silver which I don't like silvers.

A51 could play along with a lot of paint schemes if you decide to wrap it.
Sponsored