Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F150, 2011 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those 33" tires and rims look great! Why can't I get them on a BB or BD build..... dumb.
Sponsored

JW55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
50 Shades of Grey.....

If you dig gray I understand the happiness, but I want a little more color myself
I concur. This looks like the color covering 30% of any car lot you pass - gray, silver, putty, asphalt, dull. The most excitement I can muster up is a yawn.

I can't fault anyone for owning a gray vehicle though since my pickup is just as dull (white).

OP
OP
Catmandu

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1 photo under fluorescent lights? Not learning anything here. No offense.
That's all I got, seems the Carbonized Gray is only a slightly smaller unicorn than the Velocity Blue.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It bothers me because again nothing matches, but in this case it looks like that was the attempt.

The grey MIC horse won't die, so I'm going to keep beating it. That's the main culprit, but then the fenders, door handles, bumper, wheels and grille are all slightly different colors lol.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Catmandu

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It bothers me because again nothing matches, but in this case it looks like that was the attempt.

The grey MIC horse won't die, so I'm going to keep beating it. That's the main culprit, but then the fenders, door handles, bumper, wheels and grille are all slightly different colors lol.
Soft top is the MIC cure for me, plus I think I am going to research Cerakoting a Big Bend grill.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Soft top is the MIC cure for me, plus I think I am going to research Cerakoting a Big Bend grill.
I'm almost there on the soft top. I do love the functionality of the modular top though. How it comes off in small pieces. I wish we knew if the wiring and dash switches for the rear defroster were still run for the soft top. That way if we wanted to upgrade later it would be easy.

OP
OP
Catmandu

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm almost there on the soft top. I do love the functionality of the modular top though. How it comes off in small pieces. I wish we knew if the wiring and dash switches for the rear defroster were still run for the soft top. That way if we wanted to upgrade later it would be easy.
It was reported that they asked about the wiring and washer plumbing at Celebration East and they said it would be there.....however there has been so much misinformation I don't think we can count it as confirmed.

fly-cobra32

Wildtrak
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Acura
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This was passed in to me by another member after sharing my quest to find a photo of carbonized gray in the wild.

Carbonized Gray Bronco Badlands 2 Door.jpg
Look the wheel fenders, are they the same as the carbonized grey hardtop, grey all round! ?

Does this mean that that wheel flares are going to be carbonized grey like the carbonized grey roof? No black top and NOW no black fenders....whats next the bumpers?

Hey they also look grey here too!

What is happening!

Sponsored

fly-cobra32

Wildtrak
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Acura
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This was passed in to me by another member after sharing my quest to find a photo of carbonized gray in the wild.

Carbonized Gray Bronco Badlands 2 Door.jpg
Carbonized grey will only look good with black accents i think

OP
OP
Catmandu

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Look the wheel fenders, are they the same as the carbonized grey hardtop, grey all round! ?

Does this mean that that wheel flares are going to be carbonized grey like the carbonized grey roof? No black top and NOW no black fenders....whats next the bumpers?

Hey they also look grey here too!

What is happening!
I think the factory lights are washing out the colors....I think all the plastics are actually black (other than the top and grill)

fly-cobra32

Wildtrak
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Acura
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here is an outdoor walkaround video posted by @Gloff of a 2021 Explorer in Carbonized Gray.

Carbonized Gray Outdoor
Sold! Been Carbonized Gray from day one but after seeing this video just sealed the deal. Needs to have black accents all round.....roof, door handles, wheel flares, grill, bead lock wheels not silver.
Awesome!

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
Those 33" tires and rims look great! Why can't I get them on a BB or BD build..... dumb.
The same reason you can only get the Hi po gear/tire matchup of 33" tires and 4.7 gears in the Badlands;

Ford needs to meet CAFE standards my freind, CAFE.
Sponsored