Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
20201025_080405.jpg
20201025_080748.jpg

(Joining the riot...)
These are two pictures I took of the same car, which is ICONIC SILVER. I am not convinced the Bronco in this post is Carbonized Gray. I posted a bunch of pictures to B6G Sunday of colors from one of my two local dealers. There was no Carbonized Gray. But one of you guys posted some info from a paint supplier that seemed to say Iconic is metallic snd Carbonized is not. The Bronco in these pictures looks pretty metallic to me.
Nope - it is carbonized gray. Find a 2021 Explorer on the lot and see for yourself. The CG is lighter than the current gray Magnetic that is on F150s, Mustangs, etc. but it is definitely not silver. Oh and Carbonized is a metallic.

TommyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nope - it is carbonized gray. Find a 2021 Explorer on the lot and see for yourself. The CG is lighter than the current gray Magnetic that is on F150s, Mustangs, etc. but it is definitely not silver. Oh and Carbonized is a metallic.
agreed go to the lot as I was there yesterday and saw a CG Explorer and it looked darker than these pictures. I have the Magnetic Grey F150 and it was closer to that. Just slightly lighter but not to the point where it would be confused as IS. There was also IS Explorer and while that was a beautiful color, the CG looked better to me in person.

take a ride. It’s worth it.

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just as an example of how difficult it is to look at colors on line I made this comparison. At a Ford dealers this morning under cloudy skies, color balanced for those that care. I find #3 close to what i remember.
Ford Bronco Carbonized Gray 2-Door Badlands 2021_Explorer Carbonized Grey

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just as an example of how difficult it is to look at colors on line I made this comparison. At a Ford dealers this morning under cloudy skies, color balanced for those that care. I find #3 close to what i remember.
This thread has made one thing very clear... I really don't like the looks of the Explorer :)

Thanks for the photos. They are very helpful. I was already planning to hit my local dealer once some of their Carbon Gray F150s come in. I didn't realize that the Explorer was also available in this paint.

Sponsored

fly-cobra32

Wildtrak
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Acura
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco Carbonized Gray 2-Door Badlands 2021_Explorer Carbonized Grey
Awesome! Thanks for sharing. Nicely done in all kind of lighting.

fly-cobra32

Wildtrak
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Acura
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This thread has made one thing very clear... I really don't like the looks of the Explorer :)

Thanks for the photos. They are very helpful. I was already planning to hit my local dealer once some of their Carbon Gray F150s come in. I didn't realize that the Explorer was also available in this paint.
Raptor ranger, Mustang Mac-E, Explorer so far that I know of.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The Bronco build & price reference guide (the official PDF for trim level info that is available in the B&P area of the website) does list carbonized gray as metallic. So... there’s that.
Well, that makes my color decision one notch simpler. I don't want metallic. I personally don't like how the metallic finishes look after a few years in the Arizona sun.
It just seems weird that some of these "gray" Broncos look exactly the same as the Iconic Silver Mustangs I saw this weekend.
But if Carbonized gray is metallic, then I guess I can quit worrying about whether or not pictures are silver or gray.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I posted a bunch of pictures from this weekend on here somewhere. Both reds, Iconic, Velocity, Shadow, Oxford. Didn't find any Carbonized Gray. Did see both Magnetic and Leadfoot. And some weird "shape-shifting" blue called Infinite Blue that I am guessing is like Antimatter but a different hue. Very dark in shade. Much lighter in sun.
Seeing them in person really helps. NONE of them IMO looked like the B&P pictures.

DoorlessDriver

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU; 6-speed
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Seeing them in person really helps. NONE of them IMO looked like the B&P pictures.
Ford Bronco Carbonized Gray 2-Door Badlands 3DF84F96-4C38-4F92-BC94-8A4093FE55EF

I scrounged this photo from the forum, but can't remember where. I think they were "send us your questions" reposted from Bronco Nation forums at Moab. Def metallic. And yeah... the B&P does a horrible job with color. I'm a graphic designer & it's been driving me nuts.

Sponsored

fly-cobra32

Wildtrak
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Acura
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's looking more like i will be waiting for 2022 model so I can get all the black accents that i want and interior options on the Wildtrak. I can't see spending so much money for someting that i wouldn't be happy with.

At least this won't be an impulse purchase. :oops:

American Sender

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco and 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Carbonized Gray 2-Door Badlands 8A82CB7D-4105-4AEA-9AD6-687F4A25C84C
Ford Bronco Carbonized Gray 2-Door Badlands EA597630-ECE3-4CF3-8B52-C2671F78D66A
Ford Bronco Carbonized Gray 2-Door Badlands 4090AFA7-CB40-491B-B38D-94D2816F37F4
Ford Bronco Carbonized Gray 2-Door Badlands BE63EF58-5C6E-4751-9D94-D044C7A9EF07
Ford Bronco Carbonized Gray 2-Door Badlands 7CF06C6C-3FDC-4EC0-B695-23C37F93953D

Saw carbonized gray today for the first time in person. It does look a little bit warmer than most charcoal gray.I do see specs of what looks like bronze/tan and even light blue specs in it.

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Carbonized Gray 2-Door Badlands 7CF06C6C-3FDC-4EC0-B695-23C37F93953D

Saw carbonized gray today for the first time in person. It does look a little bit warmer than most charcoal gray.I do see specs of what looks like bronze/tan and even light blue specs in it.
Thanks Mike. Things like this "warmth" are exactly what I'm worried about. I'm Just going to have to wait until there are some real photos of Carbon Gray with the MIC top. I'm less concerned about a subtle hue to the paint than I am with an odd hue mismatch against the top.

OP
OP
Catmandu

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gotta find a Ford/Jeep dealership to compare Carbonized Gray to Jeep’s Billet Silver.
Sponsored