Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did a search and didn't see this particular showdown. I have been pretty well locked in on Carb Gray for a bit now, but some jerk put a great looking Shadow Black in their profile pic and now I'm conflicted again. I've seen people talking about the lines on the Black being washed out by the dark color, but I don't know it's looking pretty sweet (currently drive a Black Dodge Challenger and love the color). Fingers crossed I get to see a side by side in person before order time. Note I said fingers crossed, not holding my breath. Well aware that if I held my breath for that I'd likely asphyxiate. So here I am, posting this in hopes of a barrage of renders and side by side images from similarly conflicted enthusiasts because the B&P images don't seem to capture the real look to me. Let's see what happens...

**UPDATE**
I figured no one else was going to do it so I threw this together. Beat this. Please.

CG vs SB.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

DaveM95

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just placed my order last night after 3 days of going back and forth between velocity blue and black, ended up going with blue for 3 reasons. 1- black is a nightmare to keep clean 2- when I decide to finally take this thing on some light/ moderate off road trails I don’t want to see a millions white scratches or rock chips that really stick out on a black car 3- I think having a base color that’s different than all the accessories you’ll end up adding like lights bars , winches and what not will stick out more since those accessories are always black

Sponsored

DaveM95

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am guessing he sent his dealer his preferred build... not actually placed the order.
Sorry didn’t even think about what I said there , yes it was a reservation not an order

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've got a dollar that says they just went over the B&P with their dealer.

Appears, not even that. Just made a reservation, like we all did months ago.

@DaveM95 - your reservation doesn't lock you into anything. You can change your mind on which model, trim, color, options up until you actually place your order, and even after that, you can make changes until Ford issues the VIN for your build.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If CGM and SB are the only two colors in the running for you, you'll be happy with either of them and for a long time. Both of all your bases are covered!

Because at the end of the day you aren't exactly going to have the Sistine chapel.

Ford Bronco Carbonized Gray vs Shadow Black DQmZ7pD[1]

Sponsored

DaveM95

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Appears, not even that. Just made a reservation, like we all did months ago.

@DaveM95 - your reservation doesn't lock you into anything. You can change your mind on which model, trim, color, options up until you actually place your order, and even after that, you can make changes until Ford issues the VIN for your build.
I actually wasn’t aware of that , thanks for the tip. Sorry for the typo hope everyone can breathe again haha

OP
OP
AcenTitus

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That trail rig concept though...
If CGM and SB are the only two colors in the running for you, you'll be happy with either of them and for a long time. Both of all your bases are covered!

Because at the end of the day you aren't exactly going to have the Sistine chapel.

DQmZ7pD[1].gif
Yeah A51 and Rapid Red were my early front runners but knowing myself and how much I love my Black Challenger, it got boiled back down to Batman colors. (Come at me with the gray/blue Batman facts fellow nerds. I'm getting a black diamond so I'm covered). It really does come down to being able to actually see it for me. Whenever I see that trail rig concept I think it could replace my challenger (the contrast with the BL gray grill helps it but I can swap that at some point on my BD). Other Shadow Black rigs look pretty lackluster though especially with the MIC top (which I could also swap for the modular later). The Carb gray has never wowed me like the Trail Rig, but I've never seen a pic of one I didn't like which I can't say for the black. Thus I'm fishing for talented people with time on their hands to post images because y'all are better than me at photoshop. Bonus points for red accents on the inside of the trail sights if you're reading this looking for ideas.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That trail rig concept though...

Yeah A51 and Rapid Red were my early front runners but knowing myself and how much I love my Black Challenger, it got boiled back down to Batman colors. (Come at me with the gray/blue Batman facts fellow nerds. I'm getting a black diamond so I'm covered). It really does come down to being able to actually see it for me. Whenever I see that trail rig concept I think it could replace my challenger (the contrast with the BL gray grill helps it but I can swap that at some point on my BD). Other Shadow Black rigs look pretty lackluster though especially with the MIC top (which I could also swap for the modular later). The Carb gray has never wowed me like the Trail Rig, but I've never seen a pic of one I didn't like which I can't say for the black. Thus I'm fishing for talented people with time on their hands to post images because y'all are better than me at photoshop. Bonus points for red accents on the inside of the trail sights if you're reading this looking for ideas.
I'll come at you with batman colors!!!

Ford Bronco Carbonized Gray vs Shadow Black DE5B7D4E-02F1-4BFF-818C-49E9A717FBAA

**drops keyboard on ground while leaving to get cup of water**

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Black is my favorite color. I have 4 cars and one truck. 4 of the vehicles are black. The fifth vehicle came to me as request to give my workmate's old car a good home, so I bought it $4K under market value. That means I had to accept the color, which is not black... it is a really dark gray metallic LOL.

So I've been considering black for the Bronco, but I'm going with carbon gray. Black really looks good though...

OP
OP
AcenTitus

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll come at you with batman colors!!!

Ford Bronco Carbonized Gray vs Shadow Black DE5B7D4E-02F1-4BFF-818C-49E9A717FBAA

**drops keyboard on ground while leaving to get cup of water**
Hahaha touche. Well played.
Sponsored