Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ll add a good example: this would prevent me and a buddy from easily loading two golf bags
exactly my feelings ..... now if the after market would come up with a collapsible cage where the side and the top fold down or are easily removable I might consider it, but as of right now i give it a hard pass
Sponsored

OP
OP
BroncoTPA

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@BroncoTPA - I have this enclosure and love it. Only thing I don't understand are the wing nuts (or whatever they are called). Why are they used? I could see using them if it made removing something easier, but nothing is easy to remove on this. They just seem to be getting in the way of putting stuff against the sides. I might actually replace them with nuts.

BTW, thanks for the video. I hadn't figured out to try to use the top prop AFTER raising the lid of the enclosure. I had just resolved myself to not opening the top until I got a hard top.
I completely agree! As I was installing this I thought the wing nuts were to make the install and reinstall simple but that is not the case and I can see them getting in the way. Unless they are there to help make removal easier as there is not easy access to the other side? I do not see, since the bolts are squared off that it would matter?

ARETE

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
BroncoTPA

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would it be possible to remove the entire enclosure by only removing the 8 bolts that hold it to the floor?

ETA: Never mind. After the second watch I see that it cant.
Good question! Now that you mention it I bet you could take it out but possibly through the roof, not sure it would fit through a door openings (including the hatch) without risk of scratching the door jambs.

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The tailgate locks differently with the doors on versus when they are off.

All of the doors lock at a specified MPH when the doors are on and all unlock when you exit the vehicle including the tailgate.

When the doors are off the tailgate locks and remains locked until you use the keyfob to unlock the tailgate.

If the doors are on and someone is inside it is too late to consider security. The tailgate remaining locked when the doors are off is rather annoying but makes total sense for security reasons. I cannot tell you how many times we arrive home and my wife takes her purse (with the proximity keyfob) into the house and I walk to the back of the Bronco to find the tailgate is locked, I then have to track down her purse to open the tailgate. Before the enclosure I would just reach over and grab what I needed, I no longer have that option.

Overall this is great to prevent the quick grabs that occur in parking lots when items are exposed and ripe for picking.
So you can’t just reach inside and hit the unlock doors button on the center console to unlock the tailgate?

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So my question is: is the swing gate lock independently controlled or is it controlled by the same locking system as the doors? Reason I ask is, if someone wanted to gain access to the cargo area all they would have to do is unlock the vehicle after gaining entrance then just open the swing gate. This uses the swing gate door correct? Don’t get me wrong it looks great and will likely deter most individuals that are looking for a smash and grab. Anyway thanks for the content, I was looking more for the tonneau cover since I have one but no Bronco yet, haha.
Yes, this! I think the video is great, and the storage looks great and convenient, but I’d be worried about someone reaching in to use the unlock button to unlock the tailgate. I might lean towards the lockable sliding storage drawer, although that’s definitely not as convenient for shopping.

OP
OP
BroncoTPA

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So you can’t just reach inside and hit the unlock doors button on the center console to unlock the tailgate?
The lock and unlock buttons are on the door. The center console only has window and mirror controls.

Sponsored

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The lock and unlock buttons are on the door. The center console only has window and mirror controls.
Ohhhhhh. Why didn’t I know this. 🤦🏽‍♂️ 😂 thanks Matt

OP
OP
BroncoTPA

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, this! I think the video is great, and the storage looks great and convenient, but I’d be worried about someone reaching in to use the unlock button to unlock the tailgate. I might lean towards the lockable sliding storage drawer, although that’s definitely not as convenient for shopping.
Someone would need the key to unlock the tailgate. The door lock controls are on the doors, without the doors installed the keyfob is the only way to unlock the rear tailgate.

Next time I have the doors on I will test to see if the unlock button works without the key present (basically a locked bronco where someone enters through the soft top and presses the unlock button on the door to gain access to the trunk.)

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someone would need the key to unlock the tailgate. The door lock controls are on the doors, without the doors installed the keyfob is the only way to unlock the rear tailgate.

Next time I have the doors on I will test to see if the unlock button works without the key present (basically a locked bronco where someone enters through the soft top and presses the unlock button on the door to gain access to the trunk.)
Thanks, I appreciate it. I’m more worried if the window is down/smashed or top is down/cut, whether the tailgate could be unlocked from the door. If not, then I will definitely get one of these!

nottinbe

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks, I appreciate it. I’m more worried if the window is down/smashed or top is down/cut, whether the tailgate could be unlocked from the door. If not, then I will definitely get one of these!
Yep this is what I need to know too. Anyone out there able to test real quick if the tailgate unlocks when pressing the unlock on the doors?

And the next test, assuming that test passes and does NOT unlock the tailgate - does the keyless entry keypad unlock the tailgate? I'd need that to be a yes. In addition to gear, I'd love to be able to leave the key fob in the trunk. For that to be viable, the tailgate needs to not unlock using the unlock buttons on the doors, but does need to unlock using the keypad.

BonzosBronco

Badlands
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Explorer, RIP 89 Bronco XLT, 2020 FTR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands