ROKBRNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ on tons, 1970 Bronco, 2019 Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lots of questions and concerns about security with these types of enclosures.

Yes they will provide a frontline deterrent from the curious Joe walking by and helping himself to something in the back, but sadly at the end of the day, these will only keep an honest person honest and only slow down someone that really wants what you might have.

Bottomline, these things are great for keeping cargo and gear secure when you’re camping or on the trail, or keeping a grapefruit from rolling under the front seats during hard breaking, but if you have something you want to keep, do not leave it in your vehicle!

In my many travels and off-road events, even the most secure vehicles get broken into at hotels and grocery stores, even seen some situations where entire trailers get broken into or stolen outright

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lots of questions and concerns about security with these types of enclosures.

Yes they will provide a frontline deterrent from the curious Joe walking by and helping himself to something in the back, but sadly at the end of the day, these will only keep an honest person honest and only slow down someone that really wants what you might have.

Bottomline, these things are great for keeping cargo and gear secure when you’re camping or on the trail, or keeping a grapefruit from rolling under the front seats during hard breaking, but if you have something you want to keep, do not leave it in your vehicle!

In my many travels and off-road events, even the most secure vehicles get broken into at hotels and grocery stores, even seen some situations where entire trailers get broken into or stolen outright
While entirely correct, I can't say that's actually helpful to my own decision making. With an enclosure I can at least have some confidence that a thief would have to smash or slash my windows, and then take a prybar to the enclosure if they realized it was there at all. I'm still more inclined to go security drawer as I don't like giving up the vertical space and I love the organizational aspect of it.

OP
OP
BroncoTPA

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here in Florida we have a lot of petty theft but nearly all of it is related to an unlocked car door or something sitting out in the open like in the bed of a truck. It is rare that someone smashes a window or anything beyond checking for an unlocked door.

That gives me peace of mind knowing that nothing in the cargo area is visible (unless a seat was folded down and someone looked through the molle panel holes) so it is unlikely someone will go through the hassle of breaking into the cargo enclosure when they can simply move on to the next unlocked car.

At least this is my hope, it is better than a bunch of shopping bags being exposed and a $500 sub just laying there for sure.

TommyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You cannot unlock the doors using the unlock button on the door without a key fob.

I purchased the non-lifting version because I have a soft top and trying not to use the lift feature too much to save the side window panels. But in addition I’m trying to replace some nuts with something easier to remove and would allow for the enclosure to fold back and flat. I would leave the side security panels and only remove the top and rear.

regarding the security drawer. I didn’t choose it because someone mentioned how very heavy it was. Also I like the idea that I can put whatever I want back there and not worry about fitting in drawers. Also much easier access to the under cargo pocket. It’s very convenient and holds a good number of essential stuff.

Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You cannot unlock the doors using the unlock button on the door without a key fob.

I purchased the non-lifting version because I have a soft top and trying not to use the lift feature too much to save the side window panels. But in addition I’m trying to replace some nuts with something easier to remove and would allow for the enclosure to fold back and flat. I would leave the side security panels and only remove the top and rear.

regarding the security drawer. I didn’t choose it because someone mentioned how very heavy it was. Also I like the idea that I can put whatever I want back there and not worry about fitting in drawers. Also much easier access to the under cargo pocket. It’s very convenient and holds a good number of essential stuff.
Keep us posted on THAT!

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

EXCELLENT video!

Just installed mine this evening after watching it. Those lower nuts and washers tying the piece behind the seats to the sides are a real pain in the keister but I think I have good guidance for anyone else installing this.

Use some rubber cement to glue the washers to the nuts for these lower two bolts. use just a deep socket or a socket on a short extension to start them by hand while holding the bolts against the enclosure from the front.

Much easier than trying to get the washer then the nut on by hand.

Again thanks for the video, always easier after seeing someone else do it and the instructions are a bit heinous to read.

broncoepic

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

CodaMojo

Wildtrak
First Name
Coda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG Wildtrack, 2014 Ford Escape, 2010 350z
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

CodaMojo

Wildtrak
First Name
Coda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here in Florida we have a lot of petty theft but nearly all of it is related to an unlocked car door or something sitting out in the open like in the bed of a truck. It is rare that someone smashes a window or anything beyond checking for an unlocked door.

That gives me peace of mind knowing that nothing in the cargo area is visible (unless a seat was folded down and someone looked through the molle panel holes) so it is unlikely someone will go through the hassle of breaking into the cargo enclosure when they can simply move on to the next unlocked car.

At least this is my hope, it is better than a bunch of shopping bags being exposed and a $500 sub just laying there for sure.
Here in Cali its ridiculous cause they do not prosecute crimes of "Petty Theft" under $900. So many smash and grabs. This enclosure will work great and be part of many owners who want to ride with roof off and deter theft

Last edited:

Sponsored

Gangstead

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BD 4DR 7MT Soft
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Great video. Also appreciate the editing! Shows everything that’s important and nothing that’s not. Looking forward to seeing how you solve cupholders! I also have 3 kids and I’ll need a plan before the purchase. :)
I put a MOLLE bottle holder on the front seat back. Doesn't work for little drive thru soda cups but does work for kids water bottles. The same item sold under many different brands on Amazon.

OP
OP
BroncoTPA

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice instal l"How to"

BTW, You should post that "how not to park a convertible in the garage" on the forms:LOL:

Funny thing is, I also pulled into the garage and got the Bronco stuck lol.

Luckily I now know how to get it free. Takes a bit to pry the garage door up and pull the top down but it is possible and no lasting damage from either accident.

CodaMojo

Wildtrak
First Name
Coda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Funny thing is, I also pulled into the garage and got the Bronco stuck lol.

Luckily I now know how to get it free. Takes a bit to pry the garage door up and pull the top down but it is possible and no lasting damage from either accident.
I watch your vid and i was like ohhhh shit, they are going to have to let the air out of the tires to get that out. Your wife's face was priceless, cause it was real emotion. But her dad came to the rescue FTW!!!

FYI: I borrowed a mannequin from the dealer and I was paranoid about the top when i did an over nighter lol. :ROFLMAO: o_O:eek:

Tazn69Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250, 1969 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Great video!
Most likely on the last page of the instructions will be a number for Tuffy warranty. Call them instead of Ford. They are great people and will get the part out right away.
If calling them direct doesnt solve it they will tell you who to call to get it fixed.

r21free

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
if you have this and the doors are off or bronco unlocked.Couldnt a person just use the unlock door button to get into the cage!!
Sponsored