Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So my question is: is the swing gate lock independently controlled or is it controlled by the same locking system as the doors? Reason I ask is, if someone wanted to gain access to the cargo area all they would have to do is unlock the vehicle after gaining entrance then just open the swing gate. This uses the swing gate door correct? Donā€™t get me wrong it looks great and will likely deter most individuals that are looking for a smash and grab. Anyway thanks for the content, I was looking more for the tonneau cover since I have one but no Bronco yet, haha.
Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So my question is: is the swing gate lock independently controlled or is it controlled by the same locking system as the doors? Reason I ask is, if someone wanted to gain access to the cargo area all they would have to do is unlock the vehicle after gaining entrance then just open the swing gate. This uses the swing gate door correct? Donā€™t get me wrong it looks great and will likely deter most individuals that are looking for a smash and grab. Anyway thanks for the content, I was looking more for the tonneau cover since I have one but no Bronco yet, haha.
I'm pretty sure the locks all work together. Would be neat if there was a way to lock the tailgait independently. Like a lock/unlock bypass in the settings. Or maybe something on the fob similar to what cars do with the trunk release. Push a separate button to lock and unlock the tailgait.

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm pretty sure the locks all work together. Would be neat if there was a way to lock the tailgait independently. Like a lock/unlock bypass in the settings. Or maybe something on the fob similar to what cars do with the trunk release. Push a separate button to lock and unlock the tailgait.
I asked the same question in another thread. Someone came up with the best resolution for me: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/soft-top-security-with-enclosure.24018/post-848640

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Didn't know we had celebrities on here.šŸ˜

Great and thorough install video. I'm getting a soft top for the first time and I'm torn if I want one of these. The part of me that wants a sense of security for valuables does. The part of me that doesn't want to lose the cargo space with the seats folded down is the struggle.
Iā€™m looking for a large lockable plastic cargo or tool box that I can bolt to the back floor plate. It will provide security to lock items while also being removable.

Usually, though, my past experience with soft tops has been, ā€œout of site, out of mindā€. Storing small things under the seats when running into shops is always a good idea. Itā€™s a good idea in regular hard top cars, for that matterā€¦

OP
OP
BroncoTPA

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The tailgate locks differently with the doors on versus when they are off.

All of the doors lock at a specified MPH when the doors are on and all unlock when you exit the vehicle including the tailgate.

When the doors are off the tailgate locks and remains locked until you use the keyfob to unlock the tailgate.

If the doors are on and someone is inside it is too late to consider security. The tailgate remaining locked when the doors are off is rather annoying but makes total sense for security reasons. I cannot tell you how many times we arrive home and my wife takes her purse (with the proximity keyfob) into the house and I walk to the back of the Bronco to find the tailgate is locked, I then have to track down her purse to open the tailgate. Before the enclosure I would just reach over and grab what I needed, I no longer have that option.

Overall this is great to prevent the quick grabs that occur in parking lots when items are exposed and ripe for picking.

Sponsored

nomnom

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I could see this being useful for people who carry their overland gear all the time (fridges and other various items) or camera gear, traveling cross country and staying at hotels or something where the bronco is at greater risk of break ins.

I debated on getting this and personally, if I am traveling with a bunch of gear, it's typically either going to camp or rock climb and the bronco would not typically be at risk in those situations since i'll be away from other people.

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Locks disable the door switches when you lock the Bronco so its still secure withe the top down.
20210929_090337.jpg

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just did this install this week. Just a pain in the ass. Happy to have the additional security, but if I had to do it over again, I would probably go with a different solution, like the drawer. The removal and install of the soft top, with this in place is difficult.

Snappy22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Pilot, 2022 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Great video. Also appreciate the editing! Shows everything thatā€™s important and nothing thatā€™s not. Looking forward to seeing how you solve cupholders! I also have 3 kids and Iā€™ll need a plan before the purchase. :)

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The tailgate locks differently with the doors on versus when they are off.

All of the doors lock at a specified MPH when the doors are on and all unlock when you exit the vehicle including the tailgate.

When the doors are off the tailgate locks and remains locked until you use the keyfob to unlock the tailgate.

If the doors are on and someone is inside it is too late to consider security. The tailgate remaining locked when the doors are off is rather annoying but makes total sense for security reasons. I cannot tell you how many times we arrive home and my wife takes her purse (with the proximity keyfob) into the house and I walk to the back of the Bronco to find the tailgate is locked, I then have to track down her purse to open the tailgate. Before the enclosure I would just reach over and grab what I needed, I no longer have that option.

Overall this is great to prevent the quick grabs that occur in parking lots when items are exposed and ripe for picking.
So, I'm not clear on security...if doors are on and the top is off, can someone just reach in and unlock all the doors (including tailgate)?

Sponsored

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, I'm not clear on security...if doors are on and the top is off, can someone just reach in and unlock all the doors (including tailgate)?
no - you cannot reach over and unlock a door manually.

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@BroncoTPA - I have this enclosure and love it. Only thing I don't understand are the wing nuts (or whatever they are called). Why are they used? I could see using them if it made removing something easier, but nothing is easy to remove on this. They just seem to be getting in the way of putting stuff against the sides. I might actually replace them with nuts.

BTW, thanks for the video. I hadn't figured out to try to use the top prop AFTER raising the lid of the enclosure. I had just resolved myself to not opening the top until I got a hard top.
Sponsored