Dazoman

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Need to remove the cargo area side panel that covers the sub so I can add some dampening material and tighten it up. Sub rattle is pretty bad with all the different modular plastic in the back. Couldn’t find anything via search and won’t just start yanking on plastic anchors without a good diagram. Has anyone seen anything published yet?
Sponsored

Holliday

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Need to remove the cargo area side panel that covers the sub so I can add some dampening material and tighten it up. Sub rattle is pretty bad with all the different modular plastic in the back. Couldn’t find anything via search and won’t just start yanking on plastic anchors without a good diagram. Has anyone seen anything published yet?
@Dazoman I just got my Bronco with the B&O sound system last week, and I think I have the same rattle but I can only hear it on certain tracks with the right low end bass frequency. Some songs sound just fine loud but others it is very apparent. Glass Animals - Heat Waves is a good example. Did you find a solid solution?

JAC

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tundra; 2020 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's the rear trim removal... should help so you can add dynamat or some other sound dampening.

Attachments

Holliday

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's the rear trim removal... should help so you can add dynamat or some other sound dampening.
Thanks for that. On mine with the panel on, there's a spot on the bottom edge of it towards the front a bit that has a lot of flex.
I'm not in love with the thought of having to remove that, honestly. In older vehicles, it seems like I often manage to break a clip...
Anyone else hearing the same thing from the sub?
Anyone else already remove that panel and add anything?

JAC

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tundra; 2020 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for that. On mine with the panel on, there's a spot on the bottom edge of it towards the front a bit that has a lot of flex.
I'm not in love with the thought of having to remove that, honestly. In older vehicles, it seems like I often manage to break a clip...
Anyone else hearing the same thing from the sub?
Anyone else already remove that panel and add anything?
While I haven't taken delivery nor do I even have a build date... I did spec my BL with the Lux. That said, I visited a local dealer and spent a little time messing with the B&O system.... Depending on song (everything from classical to metal to R&B, electronic) I did hear a good rattle from the rear sub.... I will be removing the back panels and installing Dynamat to resolve the body noise. And look to see what space I have to update the sub at a later date.

There was another post here (somewhere) a member recommended sound deadening to do the same and also help improve sound.

Enjoy your Bronco, Cheers!

Sponsored

Holliday

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While I haven't taken delivery nor do I even have a build date... I did spec my BL with the Lux. That said, I visited a local dealer and spent a little time messing with the B&O system.... Depending on song (everything from classical to metal to R&B, electronic) I did hear a good rattle from the rear sub.... I will be removing the back panels and installing Dynamat to resolve the body noise. And look to see what space I have to update the sub at a later date.

There was another post here (somewhere) a member recommended sound deadening to do the same and also help improve sound.

Enjoy your Bronco, Cheers!
Thanks! Yeah I tried a couple different searches and couldn't come up with anything other than this thread. For anyone else following along, we're not talking about anything crazy on the settings or super loud volume.
Default settings and not maxed on the volume. The B&O system isn't bad overall but this is particularly noticeable. That being said I love my Bronco.

OP
OP

Dazoman

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thanks man!

Reactions: JAC
OP
OP

Dazoman

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
@Dazoman I just got my Bronco with the B&O sound system last week, and I think I have the same rattle but I can only hear it on certain tracks with the right low end bass frequency. Some songs sound just fine loud but others it is very apparent. Glass Animals - Heat Waves is a good example. Did you find a solid solution?
I pulled my rear panel partially off (will remove the whole thing now). Looks like it is where the panel contacts the sub itself. There’s some cheapo foam there but that’s it…. Will circle back w more now that I can pull the whole panel!

leviticusw

Outer Banks
First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Genesis, Isuzu Trooper
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Can I get a part number for the sub? Does anyone know if It's an entire different side panel if you don't have the LUX? I am NOT going to use an aftermarket sub for my ride.
Thanks for the help.

OBX - CYBER ORANGE - HIGH PKG - SAS - 2.7

Sponsored

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love to see some pics uploaded from anyone taking on this endeavor. I'll likely have to do the same when I get my Bronco in three years :cautious:

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have this exact rattle.

I'll make a post if I find the solution. Wish me luck, I'm going in raw.

Bearcat1

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition Limited, 2006 BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nice removal instructions! Curious where you found that document. Is there a Bronco manual somewhere that has all of those kind of write-ups downloadable on the web?

Tortuga353

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone succeed with this? Plan to attack this weekend.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get a bit of a buzz on some songs, anybody have a link to the right dynamat stuff to buy? It's not exactly cheap and there seem to be different kinds, I know nothing about sound deadening materials. Would like to fix that buzz eventually.
Sponsored