First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sorry if this has been covered, but is there any info on the sliding tail gate? This makes the cargo area level with the 2nd row seats folded down all flat.
Sponsored

Sponsored
OP
OP

Diver72

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
IIRC it'll be released in December as an accessory. Won't be available from the factory until MY22.
Great! I guess what your saying is it will be a dealer installed add-on vs being installed at factory floor? If so, does this imply a higher price?

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
also i believe it makes it so you can't store the doors in the back so take that into possible consideration

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great! I guess what your saying is it will be a dealer installed add-on vs being installed at factory floor? If so, does this imply a higher price?
No word on pricing yet, but having the dealer install it would certainly add cost. It seems bolt-on though so it should be a pretty easy DIY project.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
also i believe it makes it so you can't store the doors in the back so take that into possible consideration
Correct but in my case, Id rather have the floors flat for the dogs than storing the doors in the rear (which the dogs would be in the cargo area so no storing the doors anyways). Dogs are in our vehicles more than the 1 time we would want to store the doors in the rear. We can leave the doors at home, or at camp when out on trails and exploring.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sorry if this has been covered, but is there any info on the sliding tail gate? This makes the cargo area level with the 2nd row seats folded down all flat.
Please forgive me, but this big, heavy, space consuming option seems like a ridiculous waste of money.

This permanently raises the floor height of the cargo area by about 3.5 inches. It adds a lot of weight to the vehicle. For what? So you have have metal platform stick out the rear end. Can't imagine a scenario when I'd ever want this, let alone need this. My vote - USELESS!

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Please forgive me, but this big, heavy, space consuming option seems like a ridiculous waste of money.

This permanently raises the floor height of the cargo area by about 3.5 inches. It adds a lot of weight to the vehicle. For what? So you have have metal platform stick out the rear end. Can't imagine a scenario when I'd ever want this, let alone need this. My vote - USELESS!
A couple of reasons. Level load floor. And so you have a place to sit when it's fully loaded.

I'm not sure if I want one or not, but it makes sense to me.

phillyfx4

Outer Banks
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F 150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I wouldn't buy a Bronco without it

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A couple of reasons. Level load floor. And so you have a place to sit when it's fully loaded.

I'm not sure if I want one or not, but it makes sense to me.
Seems like a great platform to stand on to access stuff on the roof racks as well.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My hope is that the cargo protector mat goes right over the top of it and matches up with the surroundings.

OP
OP

Diver72

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My hope is that the cargo protector mat goes right over the top of it and matches up with the surroundings.
Was thinking I could woodshop and carpet a custom platform that's easily removable in case I needed the ~4inch loss in height?
Sponsored