Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How does that security shelf work? I assume it's bolted down and doesn't easily remove or fold out of the way if you need full access to the cargo area? I would imagine that would be a poor security design if it did, lol...
I think the security is that people can’t see what’s in the cargo area. I don’t think it’s built to stop a motivated thief.
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How does that security shelf work? I assume it's bolted down and doesn't easily remove or fold out of the way if you need full access to the cargo area? I would imagine that would be a poor security design if it did, lol...
The shelf hinges in the back along the seats, and there is a panel there completely enclosing it. With the vehicle locked (even with the doors off) the rear gate remains locked, creating a secured trunk.

The lid also acts as a shelf.... so you lose the ability to put something tall in the back, but you gain multiple load surfaces. For some people this makes a lot of sense for their use-case, others it does not.

Ford Bronco Cargo Area Under Floor Storage Questions Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 09.51.54
Ford Bronco Cargo Area Under Floor Storage Questions image

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the security is that people can’t see what’s in the cargo area. I don’t think it’s built to stop a motivated thief.
Ah, so it's more of like your standard retractable SUV screen in the cargo area... Just a little more durable.

Thanks for clarifying that. I thought it was a steel plate that could take on a sledgehammer or something :)

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ah, so it's more of like your standard retractable SUV screen in the cargo area... Just a little more durable.

Thanks for clarifying that. I thought it was a steel plate that could take on a sledgehammer or something :)
That’s my understanding of it. If not, they’d need to build a back to it to stop someone from just folding down the back seat to gain access. 😂

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s my understanding of it. If not, they’d need to build a back to it to stop someone from just folding down the back seat to gain access. 😂
Oh my god you two. Would you just look at my post already!

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/cargo-area-under-floor-storage-questions.15516/post-565255

;)

Sponsored

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

CKMA12 mid size compressor by ARB looks like it “might“ fit in the underfloor space if jack and tools are relocated (or deleted in favor of a HiLift)....time will tell.

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So it appears the rear cargo area of the Bronco has a storage area under the floor? Anyone know if this is lockable, or has some close up pictures of this? Just curious what might fit in there.

I also realize there's some space under the rear seats (4 door) but is there any other hidden storage in the Bronco (i.e. - Bronco Sport has the in-seat storage)? Or just the standard glove box/centre arm rest?

Thanks!
I found this on the accessories site.

In-Vehicle Safe by Console Vault - Rear, Under Floor | Customize Your Ford

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you happen to have a link or part number for that? It appears out Ford Canada site is slow to provide these options, however it looks like the part numbers are the same for both countries. Going to see if I can order this sooner rather than later.

Thanks!

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Do you happen to have a link or part number for that? It appears out Ford Canada site is slow to provide these options, however it looks like the part numbers are the same for both countries. Going to see if I can order this sooner rather than later.

Thanks!

• For 4-door Bronco only

Part No
VM2DZ-78115A00-E
Sponsored