Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder how long it will be before someone clips a Camelbak Hydration pack to the Molle grid and snakes a hose up front? The heck with cup holders.
They have hydration packs ( camelbak and other brands ) that are meant to be attached to a plate carrier via molle. That would work well for this

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, vertical packing is the way to go. I've made many trips where i had stuff packed to the roof. Lol. Even in the Edge. Where there is a will, there is a way.

I'm thinking that I am going to utilize the roof rack on longer beach and camping trips.
Regretting not getting a roof rack. Maybe need the 100lbs it can hold on camping trips. That also means I need a cargo holder !!

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I brought some props with me for pictures at the Kansas Rocks event. These are the same red 4 door Broncos that toured St Louis, are in Kansas City now and are heading to Omaha, Springfield and Arkansas. The event crew hosting the roadshow were great and super helpful.

- I'm 6'2, 250. Sitting in the drivers seat, the B pillar is close to my shoulder. I think the 2 door with the B pillar 3" further back will be an improvement for shoulder space.
- For those counting on regularly carrying 5 people in the Bronco, the person stuck in the middle of the back seat better be pretty small. I think that by the time a child has outgrown a booster seat they may start griping about the space in the middle.
- I fit in the back seat but am thankful that I won't be riding there.
- I got a report of 17 MPG with "hard" highway driving. Both Bronco's were 2.7 liter Badlands with 33" tires.
- The rear seats recline as much as an airline seat in cheap economy (about 3/4"). I was told that to fit all four doors in the rear cargo area the rear seats needed to be in their fully upright and locked position though.
- The net pockets in the doors may be fine for Juice Boxes and skinny water bottles. I wonder how long the bungee cords will hold up before they stretch out?
- Old school carabiners do clip into the Molle grid but did require a bit of wiggling.
- Based on my measurements, the Medium moving box pictured in the rear cargo space will just fit in the 2 door cargo space.
- The rifle case is 45" long and the shotgun case is 52" long.
- I should have brought some golf clubs to see how they fit. I'm thinking that a rear seat may need to be laid down for a large golf bag.
- The Broncos up close and personal are awesome vehicles. It's going to be hard to wait for delivery.

IMG_4014.JPG

IMG_4015.JPG

IMG_4016.JPG

IMG_4017.JPG

IMG_4030.JPG

IMG_4031.JPG

IMG_4018.JPG

IMG_4020.JPG

IMG_4023.JPG

IMG_4024.JPG

IMG_4025.JPG

IMG_4026.JPG

IMG_4028.JPG

IMG_4043.JPG

IMG_4040.JPG

IMG_4047.JPG
an 18” box plus 12 “ on measuring tape means depth is 30” and not 32”. Am I missing something ??

OP
OP
P52Ranch

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
an 18” box plus 12 “ on measuring tape means depth is 30” and not 32”. Am I missing something ??
So the rear door actually fits flush up against the door frame. It does not intrude into the inside of the cargo space (other than the door latch triangle). This picture is of the door closed you can see the hard plastic edge that the tape measure extends out to the 13.5"). Also, the dimensions on the moving boxes are interior dimensions so the actual exterior of the box is more like 18 1/4". So the 18.25" plus the 13.5" gets you pretty close to the 32".

The bottom of the box was up against the hump. The top of the box was close to the back of the seat. I was surprised that there wasn't much space between the box and the back of the seat (a place where I might pack a rifle).
Ford Bronco Cargo Capacity, Cupholders and Other Tidbits (With Tape Measure & Props).  Photos from Kansas 1618453578862

Ford Bronco Cargo Capacity, Cupholders and Other Tidbits (With Tape Measure & Props).  Photos from Kansas 1618453881724

Sponsored

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I get 17.5 out of my 2021 Navi if I milk the nipples off it.

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks like door latch triangle takes up a lot of space too !

Stale Dorito

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Bronco Cargo Capacity, Cupholders and Other Tidbits (With Tape Measure & Props).  Photos from Kansas 1618453881724

I agree on the bungee cords. I don’t see those lasting.
It looks like the bungee cords will be replaceable though. The panel holding it in looks like it comes off for that reason. Just my speculation.

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Small interior expected, cup holders - who cares, but 17 MPG is just not acceptable.
Its a cube, I know, but the engine isn't large and the weight isn't world ending. 17 is trash
dont be angry that I was right

Sponsored

Scott2373

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford F150, '18 Wrangler Sahara, 08 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Small interior expected, cup holders - who cares, but 17 MPG is just not acceptable.
Its a cube, I know, but the engine isn't large and the weight isn't world ending. 17 is trash
I agree. Especially since I can eke out 23 mpg from my '18 Supercrew F150 XLT 4x4 with a 2.7L engine.

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I brought some props with me for pictures at the Kansas Rocks event. These are the same red 4 door Broncos that toured St Louis, are in Kansas City now and are heading to Omaha, Springfield and Arkansas. The event crew hosting the roadshow were great and super helpful.

- I'm 6'2, 250. Sitting in the drivers seat, the B pillar is close to my shoulder. I think the 2 door with the B pillar 3" further back will be an improvement for shoulder space.
- For those counting on regularly carrying 5 people in the Bronco, the person stuck in the middle of the back seat better be pretty small. I think that by the time a child has outgrown a booster seat they may start griping about the space in the middle.
- I fit in the back seat but am thankful that I won't be riding there.
- I got a report of 17 MPG with "hard" highway driving. Both Bronco's were 2.7 liter Badlands with 33" tires.
- The rear seats recline as much as an airline seat in cheap economy (about 3/4"). I was told that to fit all four doors in the rear cargo area the rear seats needed to be in their fully upright and locked position though.
- The net pockets in the doors may be fine for Juice Boxes and skinny water bottles. I wonder how long the bungee cords will hold up before they stretch out?
- Old school carabiners do clip into the Molle grid but did require a bit of wiggling.
- Based on my measurements, the Medium moving box pictured in the rear cargo space will just fit in the 2 door cargo space.
- The rifle case is 45" long and the shotgun case is 52" long.
- I should have brought some golf clubs to see how they fit. I'm thinking that a rear seat may need to be laid down for a large golf bag.
- The Broncos up close and personal are awesome vehicles. It's going to be hard to wait for delivery.

How do you find the travel schedule. I'm in Springfield

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thank you so much for using props for the photos. Props for the props, pal!

Dunno why that idea hasn't crossed Bronco Nation or Ford's minds ... Got a lot of folks out here who need to verify that this thing will meet their needs.

OP
OP
P52Ranch

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How do you find the travel schedule. I'm in Springfield
So we have a couple of very dedicated geniuses on the forum. Bronco's will be at Battlefield Mall this coming Monday.

Check out this thread. Not enough forum members have been checking it.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...dealer-add-your-findings-to-first-post.14479/

These two Broncos travel schedule is St. Louis, Kansas Rocks, Kauffman Stadium KC, Omaha, Kansas City KCPL, Springfield, Fayetteville, Little Rock, Memphis, Nashville (two days), Jackson MS, New Orleans (two days), Baton Rouge, Lafayette LA, West Monroe LA (May 4th) And then after that maybe 4 hours west of Monroe......

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those mesh cup holders looks about as useless as I suspected. Sure they might hold a metal water bottle but I wonder if a Nalgene would even fit comfortably. Looks like any conventional coffee cup would immediately spill/have its top popped off in them.

Shame you didn’t bring your clubs as putting them in a car without having to fold down a seats is one of the biggest things I wanted for my next one. I’ll have to bring my bag when I go on May 5th. Kinda worried about the narrowness of the trunk not allowing them to fit.
Sponsored