Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was strongly considering an external apparatus for my rod but then saw this on Amazon and bought it immediately. Putting this behind the backseat of the Bronco, into the cargo area will satisfy my need and I think looks pretty good đź‘Ť

Ford Bronco Cargo capacity for fishing gear? Screenshot_20210208-091420_Amazon Shoppin
Sponsored

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In the Land Rovers I have had - I have been bungee cording them to the grab handles in the 3rd row area the middle and above hte drivers head. They are out of the way - similar to the Amazon link above. I usually bungee 3 or 4 rods together and then hang them from the handles.

level3looper

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone have a good guess whether a one piece 8 foot fishing rod will fit inside the Bronco 4 door? I am assuming they will not fit in the 2 door.
I do a lot of fishing and I can fit an 8 foot rod sitting on the back seat of my Ford Focus and the tips of the rods rest on the dashboard.
I do a lot of fishing after work and I leave the rods in my car overnight at work or at home. I don’t like to leave the. In a ski rack on top because they are wicked expensive. I know Yakima has a cool new cargo box to hold them on top of the car, but it’s a pain to have to climb up to get them out all the time.
I expect 8' would fit inside - but maybe not 10'. I do a lot of fishing on the Housatonic in CT. I use a 4wt 10'. I spent less than $30 at Home Depot and got a 10' piece of PVC and cap to connect to my roof rack with some bungee.

Yakima and other expensive solutions provide the ability to lock the rods in the carrier\rack so you can leave them on the roof. I only use the rod holder for convenience when I'm moving from one spot to another along the river. Check YouTube for a bunch of DIY examples.

This isn't mine, but it's a good example:
(I think the little lock in this example is silly - someone can just cut the bungee and walk off with the rod in holder)

Ford Bronco Cargo capacity for fishing gear? DIYRodBox

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
InterIor measurements, but you have to guess on the front cab + dash distance. Should easily fit your rods.

Ford Bronco Cargo capacity for fishing gear? thule-rodvault-st-hero
Looks like she's a 6'6" model... wow

Halfsmoke00

Base
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Ford Escape AWD V6, '91 Plymouth Acclaim V6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a friend with a 3D printer. I’m going to see if he can rig me up something.
Let us know what he comes up with, maybe he can utilize some of those Bronco bolts that hold the roof on or something.

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Cargo capacity for fishing gear? Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 10.41.33 AM

spidydt

Black Diamond
First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru wrx STi
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just snap my rods into my ski racks and call it a day :ROFLMAO: