First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus and 71 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone have a good guess whether a one piece 8 foot fishing rod will fit inside the Bronco 4 door? I am assuming they will not fit in the 2 door.
I do a lot of fishing and I can fit an 8 foot rod sitting on the back seat of my Ford Focus and the tips of the rods rest on the dashboard.
I do a lot of fishing after work and I leave the rods in my car overnight at work or at home. I don’t like to leave the. In a ski rack on top because they are wicked expensive. I know Yakima has a cool new cargo box to hold them on top of the car, but it’s a pain to have to climb up to get them out all the time.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Beef78

Beef78

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus and 71 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice! Thank you. I couldn’t tell thumbing through the specs.
Supposed to be near 6' from back of the front seats...so easy yes.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I just bought one of these for my FJ cruiser. My downrigger rods are 11' two piece rods. Running back and forth to the marina with the rods was causing damage throwing them in the car. I know this doesn't work for 24 hour storage... It fits in any 2" receiver. Then again the 4dr FE doesn't get the hitch.
Ford Bronco Cargo capacity for fishing gear? fishing rod holder

Sponsored

Cholondo

Heritage
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chief Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I fit that same size fishing pole into my 4 door Wrangler and the Bronco is larger.... so shouldn't be a problem... my only issue is that the pole does go into the front seat area but it's not a big deal.

OP
OP
Beef78

Beef78

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus and 71 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Add a receiver hitch, buy a hitch hauler and rig up some PVC pipe to hold your fishing rods. An it's a place for your bait and catch coolers. Keep anything fishy on the outside.

Ford Bronco Cargo capacity for fishing gear? F97CA1F9-2DFE-4698-8F46-A4A7255ED781
That will hold deer, too. But, that’s why I want the washout interior.

OP
OP
Beef78

Beef78

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus and 71 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Obvious answer is obvious?

Ford Bronco Cargo capacity for fishing gear? -door-outer-banks-fishing-guide-101-1597270063-
I’m worried about fitting them inside so they’re a little safer leaving the car in a parking to run in a store lot or my driveway overnight. I know people that have had bad luck with racks outside the car, even locking racks.

Sponsored

TommyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone have a good guess whether a one piece 8 foot fishing rod will fit inside the Bronco 4 door? I am assuming they will not fit in the 2 door.
I do a lot of fishing and I can fit an 8 foot rod sitting on the back seat of my Ford Focus and the tips of the rods rest on the dashboard.
I do a lot of fishing after work and I leave the rods in my car overnight at work or at home. I don’t like to leave the. In a ski rack on top because they are wicked expensive. I know Yakima has a cool new cargo box to hold them on top of the car, but it’s a pain to have to climb up to get them out all the time.
I have an F-150 which is smaller inside lengthwise and I fit 8’ rods in there. As the jeep guy said, you may need to angle them down in the passenger footwell but it will definitely fit an 8’ rod.

thd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Camaro SS 1/LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I plan to find a way to mount mine to hang from the top instead of laying them on top of other gear in the middle of the rear seats. It would be nice if someone makes a rack so I don't have to jimmy something together.

OP
OP
Beef78

Beef78

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus and 71 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I plan to find a way to mount mine to hang from the top instead of laying them on top of other gear in the middle of the rear seats. It would be nice if someone makes a rack so I don't have to jimmy something together.
I have a friend with a 3D printer. I’m going to see if he can rig me up something.

Prkelly

Badlands
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am probably going to go with Yakima TopWater box.
I like this setup I saw on the Yakima Website TopWater and Skinny Warrior

Picture From Yakima Website:
Ford Bronco Cargo capacity for fishing gear? 1612792630592
Sponsored