First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Bronco Ranger & 2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have had Carli suspensions on 3 different trucks and absolutely loved them. Can't wait to see what they come up with for the Bronco.

That double sheer steering joint looks sweet too. That will be a game changer

Aztec1382

Base
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hell yeah

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Carli kits are some of the best, wonder what their timeline is.

Ordered a full Icon kit on black friday. Probably would have waited if Carli had any ACTUAL info and a realistic timeline for their kit. Theyve just taken an absurd amount of time to come up with anything.

Of course, the IN STOCK banner on Icons website apparently means 'on backorder' 🤦‍♂️ so I'm not doing great either way.

Sponsored

Bigguyry2000

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That steering setup is beefy AF looking. That might be the actual fix everyone really needs. But heims are wear items that need replacement from time to time. The only reason I say that is because people dont think about that. As is evident by people complaining about how loud a convertible offroader is on the highway. Everything is a tradeoff.

OP
OP
Rkgzx9leftcoast

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ordered a full Icon kit on black friday. Probably would have waited if Carli had any ACTUAL info and a realistic timeline for their kit. Theyve just taken an absurd amount of time to come up with anything.

Of course, the IN STOCK banner on Icons website apparently means 'on backorder' 🤦‍♂️ so I'm not doing great either way.
Yeah, it was from thier Facebook post, said they put over 1000 miles on it so far....said would be available soon? We will see.

ScumbagTakumi

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AE86 Corolla (S2K SWAP), 08 Acura MDX AKA THE GOAT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Carli Suspension coming along. Anyone familiar with Carli, and Sage Carli knows his tuning skills. Very interested in the steering pieces as well.

Ford Bronco Carli Suspension system King Shocks coming soon. Interesting Steering linkage Screenshot_20221206-144921_Chrome
Ford Bronco Carli Suspension system King Shocks coming soon. Interesting Steering linkage Screenshot_20221206-144921_Chrome
Nice! The bolt-on double-shear steering is sweet. Looks like they may have raised the pick up point slightly which should reduce the chance of bind at droop. I might be wrong but it looks like the end uses a uniball rather than a rod end, so it will probably be easier and cheaper to replace/rebuild. The kings were already pretty darn good out of the box, so it will be interesting to see how much more they were able to extract from them.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Nice! The bolt-on double-shear steering is sweet. Looks like they may have raised the pick up point slightly which should reduce the chance of bind at droop. I might be wrong but it looks like the end uses a uniball rather than a rod end, so it will probably be easier and cheaper to replace/rebuild. The kings were already pretty darn good out of the box, so it will be interesting to see how much more they were able to extract from them.
I agree! this is the best improvement I've seen yet at the wheel end. BB could learn something here, lol. No bandaid!
This setup combined with the 3.0 rack seems like the best solution to date.

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the way Carli mounts the reservoirs vs the King brackets. Wonder if the brackets will work with standard tires and offsets?

Sponsored

Carli-Dan

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Of course, the IN STOCK banner on Icons website apparently means 'on backorder' so I'm not doing great either way.
We focus on R&D. Running the sales and distribution for this company for the past 11 years has been amazing BUT, there's a constant pursuit of perfection that would drive a salesman nuts. I have MANY times, taken pictures and put things out in the web-world way too early and we're trying not to do that here. We want buzz to roll into preorders - that said, our R&D takes time.

Much of the hold-up has been Ford releasing alignment specs for these rigs. Most are carrying over specs from the Ranger platform or using the Bronco Sports. We waited for the 2021 Wildtrak to be loaded into the Hunter Rack we utilize to ensure we're building to the correct spec.

As we're going deep (steering and suspension), ensuring all plays well together is paramount. We had to alter the caster of our Billet upper arm to get the spec we wanted - this altered the toe-change through the travel spec. Factory sees over 3° of toe-change through travel with OEM Kings bolted in; we've got ours to half this after correcting caster.

Refinement takes time. We know we're missing the boat on the super eager to modify, but we're not willing to sacrifice our R&D process to be first to market. Kills me a little inside but it's in our DNA to perfect our offerings.

That steering setup is beefy AF looking. That might be the actual fix everyone really needs. But heims are wear items that need replacement from time to time. The only reason I say that is because people dont think about that. As is evident by people complaining about how loud a convertible offroader is on the highway. Everything is a tradeoff.
These won't be heims, they're encapsulated uniballs. We make the rod end into which it presses. We take an FK AIN12 (3/4" Bearing with 48,675 lbs. static load rating), press-fit our proprietary bushings onto the outer bearing race and press it into our housing. This provides a small amount of vibration damping to drastically extend the life of the uniball. We use this style in our Ram and Ford HD Track bars that see ungodly forces with awesome result.

We looked into isolating these from the elements but that amount of misalignment this joint needs to see without binding would make it impossible to spec a sealed boot.

That said, life should be LONG and replacement parts readily available and relatively cheap.

Yeah, it was from thier Facebook post, said they put over 1000 miles on it so far....said would be available soon? We will see.
We're shooting to have our front upper arms, Carli-SPEC Kings, Rear Arms and track bar, front and rear bumpers and rock sliders available end of first quarter 2023. It's looking good!

I can't tell you all the judo on the geometry as that's locked up in engineering but it would make you sick to see the amount we've played with the steering system. We cycle all travel with no bind, add significant strength to the inner and outer tie-rod ends and cut the toe-change in half from factory steering with the Kings installed.

I like the way Carli mounts the reservoirs vs the King brackets. Wonder if the brackets will work with standard tires and offsets?
We run Factory Sasquatch Wildtrak wheels with Ford Performance Beadlock Rings and 37s. The resi clears fine on factory Sasquatch wheels/tires.

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We run Factory Sasquatch Wildtrak wheels with Ford Performance Beadlock Rings and 37s. The resi clears fine on factory Sasquatch wheels/tires.
Any chance the mounting brackets would be available separately? Looks like you guys are using the early King set up with short hoses, which I have. My mounts to the front frame really put a lot of tension on the hoses. More than I really like.

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BaseSAS / ‘21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Stoked

Carli-Dan

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Any chance the mounting brackets would be available separately? Looks like you guys are using the early King set up with short hoses, which I have. My mounts to the front frame really put a lot of tension on the hoses. More than I really like.
We're using a King spec length up front but not an OEM King shock. When we ordered these, they came with the frame mounts that threw the res into the bumper; we modified it and blueprinted this under our King PN. It has our pistons, shock valving, and reservoir hose/res configuration.

I suppose we can make all parts available separately but you'd need to buy our hose configuration for our mounts to work.

Aztec1382

Base
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Base
Are you going to offer something
To convert the king shocks to your spec?
That would be great
Sponsored