First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Recon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Disappointed at an offer at 7K above what you paid from Carmax out of all places? I'm actually surprised they are going that high even if the auction market is higher.
(n) (n) (n) (n) (n) (n) for this entire thread
Sponsored

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You do pay tax on a lease. But only for the portion you are capitalizing.

RobC2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3P
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You do pay tax on a lease. But only for the portion you are capitalizing.
Depends on the state. Some tax on the full price of the car.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Carmax is offering 36k for my ranger, carvana offers 27k. I have no idea why the gap, but I don't trust either to do me right.
No reason to disbelieve either one, both are established businesses used by many people. I buy vehicles for my employer, I run most of my trades through Carmax to establish a value before speaking to the dealership. My dealer can usually beat the Carmax offer, if not I’ll take it back to Carmax to collect the check.

danofcrowhill

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
With the market the way it it I wanted to see what I could get for my Badlands SAS MIC High Package,Tow, 2.7 and I was disappointed. After Taxes at purchase it was $62k and the offer was only $69k. Where are these higher offers from?

5128276B-659A-43C0-BB9E-E2BA49F73442.jpeg

FE31E532-2D5B-42D1-9205-58635BAE7519.jpeg

Seriously?! Waaaa....All I see here is greed. Enjoy your Bronco the way it was designed for. If you want an investment, buy mutual funds.

Sponsored

StevieD23

Wildtrak
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra, 2021 AMB Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The irony is that you say it’s your 6th car and that’s why you’re testing the markets, and considering it as a way to put money away for your children…

But vehicles are inherently a depreciating value and the fact that you lucked out into a situation where you can get a small gain doesn’t really make up for the fact that it was an unnecessary purchase in the first place. That $60K could have gone into any number of methods that would appreciate in an all but guaranteed manner and make way more money over time for your children.

I mean, you do you… the explanation of why you wanted to flip was just incredibly ironic to me.
Agreed. If you have 6 vehicles, cutting those down to 1 for you and your spouse eliminates a ton of extra expenses which would more than help with college tuition.

OP
OP
BadlandsJP

BadlandsJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And there you have it, somebody else who bought a Bronco and doesn’t really want it, what a surprise! 🧐
I want it. I want to keep it but if the offer is right than I would and just re order and wait. I’m in no rush. I hope that the higher priced sold help the market and keep the value of these Broncos up in a few years and not a big depreciation. I went all out and love my Badlands SAS but ca$h in the bank and to put down on another one is a win win. At least my kiddo will have his.

E14AF543-D397-4CD2-8ACE-65414629E73E.jpeg

CF47DD44-9A17-4184-93B1-BFCE5DE25B19.jpeg

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did a Carvana offer just for fun and it was less than MSRP (by about $1000). I was kind of shocked.

ollie

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Lol at this thread. You are expecting to buy a new vehicle and are mad that you are only going to make 7k after your expenses on it? Usually you lose money. That’s a crazy good situation. I would love to have my bronco right now but guess I can’t because People are buying them to try and turn a profit.
Exactly Mark!! Very well stated. For those that are taking advantage of this crazy market and purchasing this sought for vehicle to turn a profit, just become a bottom feeder salesman for a living.

It's no different than someone lowballing a terminally ill person and buying a vehicle to make a profit. Sickening and unethical.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BadlandsJP

BadlandsJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here is the worlds smallest 🎻 playing for you.
I love a solo VIP violin performance. Encore! Hopefully you can add saxophone and sarcasm on your next performance

OP
OP
BadlandsJP

BadlandsJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really like it. There are a few things that I dislike. I went on Sunday to connect my tow hitch bike rack to load up my family for a bike ride and because of the tire I was not able to use it for the trip. I had to use the Dinali which I would rather have used my nice new bronco. So I have to buy a tow hitch extender in order to use the bronco but it was that sense of I can’t use it that really frustrated me. I never purchased it thinking to sell it. I never ordered it thinking to sell. It’s just a matter of opportunity since fortunately it’s not my daily driver nor a priority vehicle.
Sponsored