First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So are you disappointed with the actual Bronco as well?
Not at all. I love it. But it’s vehicle #6 and if the market could put some college fund money for my kid I would just reorder and wait for my turn again.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BadlandsJP

BadlandsJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cars depreciate the second you purchase them. Getting offered $7k over the original buying price is pretty significant
That was practically the taxes. I’ll keep it at that offer.

OP
OP
BadlandsJP

BadlandsJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You have to tell me where you got the little Broncos….

I purchased the power wheel/ kids trax ride on from target and had it painted at my local body shop to match mine. The RC is the one that Walmart had and I painted also.

OP
OP
BadlandsJP

BadlandsJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Couldn't care less about value. Your daughter with the mini Bronco is freakin adorable.
It’s my Son. He has awesome hair. We cut it recently because the maintenance is tough. People assume that often because he has long great hair.

9B092061-CB93-4FFB-93AA-09A8CFAC841D.jpeg

Last edited:

Brianew

First Edition
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, 08 Mustang, 2015 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I purchased the power wheel/ kids trax ride on from target and had it painted at my local body shop to match mine. The RC is the one that Walmart had and I painted also.
You are amazing!!

Sponsored

Sascrotch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetpack
Your Bronco Model
Base
That was practically the taxes. I’ll keep it at that offer.
What do you mean by this? Isn’t Carmax responsible for the sales tax when you sell them your vehicle? You said it cost you $62k after taxes, so you would be pocketing $7k all said and done, right?

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did Carmax even see the vehicle or was this a virtual offer?

Just wondering because the appraisal says they are giving an appraisal on a Green Bronco Sport...

Maybe they chose the wrong vehicle in the tables.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I submitted mine to vroom for shits and giggles. 14k below MSRP with 1500 miles? Remind me never to use Vroom.

3C636DCA-8F30-4361-A585-54510AD53546.jpeg

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I may throw mine on Craigslist or AutoTrader for $20K over my price when it arrives to see what happens. I‘d park it in the garage for a month rather than drive it. If someone else wants it enough to pay the premium then I can afford to wait. I would put the profit down on my next order to reduce my cost.

I live in a very affluent area where people are spending millions on houses and hundreds of thousands on boats, so a buy it now premium for a hot commodity seems possible. My manual transmission will limit the market, so maybe it won’t sell, but the right person might snap it up. I think the market on Broncos will soften significantly by spring 2022.

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not at all. I love it. But it’s vehicle #6 and if the market could put some college fund money for my kid I would just reorder and wait for my turn again.
The irony of this post.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BadlandsJP

BadlandsJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The irony of this post.
A way to contribute more to your child’s education or future due to a rare automobile market is not ironic. If an opportunity presents a way to turn a depreciating item into a profitable one than it is something to consider. The Bronco will stay unless a significant to ME dollar amount interest me enough to sell. Nothing wrong with testing the waters in this vehicle market.

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A way to contribute more to your child’s education or future due to a rare automobile market is not ironic. If an opportunity presents a way to turn a depreciating item into a profitable one than it is something to consider. The Bronco will stay unless a significant to ME dollar amount interest me enough to sell. Nothing wrong with testing the waters in this vehicle market.
I agree, reevaluating your financial decisions is the right thing to do and not ironic at all. And looking to make 5-10% on 60K is a good deal. Have you considered selling the other vehicles as well? The market is great for selling used cars. Not knowing what are cars 1-5, I would sell the ones that give me the most cash in pocket. Then take that and plug it into the boy's 529... that's of course if you've already put 15% of your income into retirement for the year with $6K of that going into a Roth IRA for you and $6K going into your spouses (if you're married). After that then yeah pay off debt and beef up the boy's college savings. My investments made between 35% and 65% this year with some small stocks doubling my money. The market will do more of the same over the next 12 months so putting more funds into investments now will be a great ROI.... sorry for geeking out lol I say sell it!

OP
OP
BadlandsJP

BadlandsJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree, reevaluating your financial decisions is the right thing to do and not ironic at all. And looking to make 5-10% on 60K is a good deal. Have you considered selling the other vehicles as well? The market is great for selling used cars. Not knowing what are cars 1-5, I would sell the ones that give me the most cash in pocket. Then take that and plug it into the boy's 529... that's of course if you've already put 15% of your income into retirement for the year with $6K of that going into a Roth IRA for you and $6K going into your spouses (if you're married). After that then yeah pay off debt and beef up the boy's college savings. My investments made between 35% and 65% this year with some small stocks doubling my money. The market will do more of the same over the next 12 months so putting more funds into investments now will be a great ROI.... sorry for geeking out lol I say sell it!
I did put those up also. A 05 Yukon Denali (being replaced by the Bronco) Lexus CT200h (work commute) 2-67 chevelles and a Harley Dyna.

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did put those up also. A 05 Yukon Denali (being replaced by the Bronco) Lexus CT200h (work commute) 2-67 chevelles and a Harley Dyna.
Noice!

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'd by a car every month for 62k OTD if I could sell it the next month for 69k.....I mean 84k a year in tax free income rolling 62k is "pretty good" return. rofl
Sponsored