Seanette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart, 2022 Badlands pending
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No comment on the financial side, just thought the nested Broncos were adorable and the kiddo's a cutie.
Sponsored

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd by a car every month for 62k OTD if I could sell it the next month for 69k.....I mean 84k a year in tax free income rolling 62k is "pretty good" return. rofl
How is it tax free? You'd need to pay capital gains if you sold a car for a profit....

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

if they give you 69k for it then they would need to sell it for at less few K more to make money off it .If you want more then 69k for it then post it as a private sell or something like that

Sponsored

OU812

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Exlporer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How is it tax free? You'd need to pay capital gains if you sold a car for a profit....
Technically, agree. And probably not capital gains because you would not have held onto the
Bronco long enough, for starters..

That said, for a private party, one off deal, the question becomes how would you attract attention?

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Couldn't care less about value. Your daughter with the mini Bronco is freakin adorable.
Lol that’s not a girl it’s a little boy with long hair

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A way to contribute more to your child’s education or future due to a rare automobile market is not ironic. If an opportunity presents a way to turn a depreciating item into a profitable one than it is something to consider. The Bronco will stay unless a significant to ME dollar amount interest me enough to sell. Nothing wrong with testing the waters in this vehicle market.
The irony is that you say it’s your 6th car and that’s why you’re testing the markets, and considering it as a way to put money away for your children…

But vehicles are inherently a depreciating value and the fact that you lucked out into a situation where you can get a small gain doesn’t really make up for the fact that it was an unnecessary purchase in the first place. That $60K could have gone into any number of methods that would appreciate in an all but guaranteed manner and make way more money over time for your children.

I mean, you do you… the explanation of why you wanted to flip was just incredibly ironic to me.

Sharky1951

Big Bend
First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Discovery,viper, Mitsubishi 3000Gt,87 Benz 560sl
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

With the market the way it it I wanted to see what I could get for my Badlands SAS MIC High Package,Tow, 2.7 and I was disappointed. After Taxes at purchase it was $62k and the offer was only $69k. Where are these higher offers from?

5128276B-659A-43C0-BB9E-E2BA49F73442.jpeg

FE31E532-2D5B-42D1-9205-58635BAE7519.jpeg

Check out Carvanna, they offered me $5000 more than car max , all you have to do is enter your license plate number to get an instant quote.
Sponsored