First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I really like it. There are a few things that I dislike. I went on Sunday to connect my tow hitch bike rack to load up my family for a bike ride and because of the tire I was not able to use it for the trip. I had to use the Dinali which I would rather have used my nice new bronco. So I have to buy a tow hitch extender in order to use the bronco but it was that sense of I canā€™t use it that really frustrated me. I never purchased it thinking to sell it. I never ordered it thinking to sell. Itā€™s just a matter of opportunity since fortunately itā€™s not my daily driver nor a priority vehicle.
yeah I have one ordered and will be daily driver. Will replace f150

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reason? I have a 4 door ordered and would be trading in 2019 F150 Screw
Are you asking why I am not disappointed in my Bronco?

That f150 should get you a pretty good trade in value.

Sponsored

B4real76

Badlands
First Name
Barron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With the market the way it it I wanted to see what I could get for my Badlands SAS MIC High Package,Tow, 2.7 and I was disappointed. After Taxes at purchase it was $62k and the offer was only $69k. Where are these higher offers from?

5128276B-659A-43C0-BB9E-E2BA49F73442.jpeg

FE31E532-2D5B-42D1-9205-58635BAE7519.jpeg

Iā€™m going to say those prices you are looking for are from person to person sales not to carmax. They are going to make there money after the buy, you knowā€¦

luptanpitman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, ā€˜21 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whenever you go through a third party to dispose of a vehicle you no longer want, be it eBay, a dealer on trade, carfax, etc al. You are forfeiting to the third party your equity/profit, and the NADA blue book retail vs private party sale numbers always reflect that. If that process of tire kickers and lowballers wasting your time is worth that delta, hey, go sick on letting someone else dispose of your asset. I'm driving a free to me winter beater someone just wanted out of their yard, perfectly serviceable 2002 F150 I'll drive the newish tires off (full tread previous parallel sidewall tread KO2 BFGs, alone are still worth $750...)
Maybe during normal times but right now - with exceptions of course - these companies are way better than private sale. My 2 anecdotes which mirror a few friends situations as well are: 18 months into my lease flipping base wrangler for 9k profit to carmax, and selling a 2012 98K miles explorer to carvana for 15k both in the last 3/4 months.

Pkrpro19

Badlands
First Name
Jaxon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5 M Sport, Mercedes Benz E350, Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Couldn't care less about value. Your daughter with the mini Bronco is freakin adorable.
With the market the way it it I wanted to see what I could get for my Badlands SAS MIC High Package,Tow, 2.7 and I was disappointed. After Taxes at purchase it was $62k and the offer was only $69k. Where are these higher offers from?

5128276B-659A-43C0-BB9E-E2BA49F73442.jpeg

Because you ordered a cheap Badlands, why skip the lux package and leather?

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
This whole thread is screwed up, especially for those of us patiently waiting for our trucks.

Sponsored

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This whole thread is screwed up, especially for those of us patiently waiting for our trucks.
yeah this thread is a first world problem if i've ever heard of one lol

ollie

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hi Henry, I've seen the "Sasquatch Broncos" twice here in SoCal. One of them was in a car wash. The hardtop looked solid and the owner was very happy with his.

It sounds strange but the phrase "good things come to those who wait" really fits here. I'm holding off for another year or two myself before deciding on what vehicle to buy. I have my choices down to a 4Runner, 2 door Rubicon Wrangler or 2 door Badlands Bronco.

To purchase one of these just to sell it and make a profit makes no sense at all. Especially when there are so many safer ways to invest.

The Bronco is a flashback to the Mazda Miata when it first came out. The popularity of the first year model was insane. It was marketed as a cheap sports car. The demand was so high that dealers were selling for over double it's value.

Some buyers figured they were smart and purchased them to turn a profit. A few got lucky. Most got a rude awaking when they found out they had a pile of junk and the value dropped worse than a European vehicle. After less than the second year of ownership, they were lucky if they got 25% of what they paid for it.

To the OP John-Paul, Take the 7K and run. You are not going to see this kind of profit on a used vehicle for a long time to come.

My 94' Chevy Silverado was appraised (by the bank) at over 2K more than what I paid for it one year after it was purchased new. I kept it and drove the wheels off it for almost 20 years.

OP
OP
BadlandsJP

BadlandsJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi Henry, I've seen the "Sasquatch Broncos" twice here in SoCal. One of them was in a car wash. The hardtop looked solid and the owner was very happy with his.

It sounds strange but the phrase "good things come to those who wait" really fits here. I'm holding off for another year or two myself before deciding on what vehicle to buy. I have my choices down to a 4Runner, 2 door Rubicon Wrangler or 2 door Badlands Bronco.

To purchase one of these just to sell it and make a profit makes no sense at all. Especially when there are so many safer ways to invest.

The Bronco is a flashback to the Mazda Miata when it first came out. The popularity of the first year model was insane. It was marketed as a cheap sports car. The demand was so high that dealers were selling for over double it's value.

Some buyers figured they were smart and purchased them to turn a profit. A few got lucky. Most got a rude awaking when they found out they had a pile of junk and the value dropped worse than a European vehicle. After less than the second year of ownership, they were lucky if they got 25% of what they paid for it.

To the OP John-Paul, Take the 7K and run. You are not going to see this kind of profit on a used vehicle for a long time to come.

My 94' Chevy Silverado was appraised (by the bank) at over 2K more than what I paid for it one year after it was purchased new. I kept it and drove the wheels off it for almost 20 years.
So many people getting personally upset about the post and understand why. I ordered never wanting or thinking to sell. On a a few threads seeing sold vehicles it was amazing to see how dealers marked up Broncos because people couldnā€™t follow through with the order. I would reorder to get back in line for my same build if I did. I also had a few messages and base models and lower end trims selling for 10k more than MSRP and I was intrigued to see what the top dog Badland SAS 2.7 MIC High package would get because of it. When they offered lower than lower trims I didnā€™t understand why. There is always someone else with deeper pockets and I felt if they are not patient to wait for the late build they could purchase mine. That was my thought process.

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A way to contribute more to your childā€™s education or future due to a rare automobile market is not ironic. If an opportunity presents a way to turn a depreciating item into a profitable one than it is something to consider. The Bronco will stay unless a significant to ME dollar amount interest me enough to sell. Nothing wrong with testing the waters in this vehicle market.
It is ironic because you had the money to buy a very unpractical vehicle that is for fun and enjoyment. In fact it is vehicle #6. Unless you have 6 drivers in the household or you had the foresight to order, purchase, and resell for the sole purpose of profit it is ironic. It is ironic on face value to have five other vehicles, buy a brand new sixth at $60K+, and sell for financial need.

I agree with taking the opportunity when it presents itself and I'm not even criticizing or anything but you have to be able to see the irony in your position above.

OP
OP
BadlandsJP

BadlandsJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is ironic because you had the money to buy a very unpractical vehicle that is for fun and enjoyment. In fact it is vehicle #6. Unless you have 6 drivers in the household or you had the foresight to order, purchase, and resell for the sole purpose of profit it is ironic. It is ironic on face value to have five other vehicles, buy a brand new sixth at $60K+, and sell for financial need.

I agree with taking the opportunity when it presents itself and I'm not even criticizing or anything but you have to be able to see the irony in your position above.
The other vehicles are classic cars and motorcycle. 2-1967 Chevelleā€™s both weekend drivers and asphalt thrashers. The only vehicle I would think about selling is a 2005 Yukon Denali and possibly one of the Chevelleā€™s if the money is right. The other vehicle is my daily driver and a nice 40 mpg hybrid Lexus that is work commute vehicle. I purchased the bronco to have more fun and take me more places with my family then with the Denali can handle. Denali is fine for going to the mountains and the beach and snowboarding and all that stuff but I would not dare run it fast on any non-asphalt surface. If the market wasnā€™t what it was I wouldnā€™t even consider it. But knowing that itā€™s not a Necessity even though I waited a year and a half waiting another year wouldnā€™t do any difference since I only enjoy this vehicle in the evenings and weekends and would be alternating with my other vehicles.
Sponsored