First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is ironic because you had the money to buy a very unpractical vehicle that is for fun and enjoyment. In fact it is vehicle #6. Unless you have 6 drivers in the household or you had the foresight to order, purchase, and resell for the sole purpose of profit it is ironic. It is ironic on face value to have five other vehicles, buy a brand new sixth at $60K+, and sell for financial need.

I agree with taking the opportunity when it presents itself and I'm not even criticizing or anything but you have to be able to see the irony in your position above.
Also all the vehicles are paid off. There is no debt for the automobiles or motorcycle. So to re-order to put more money down yeah I won’t have a cost newest car on the block but I also love being the oldest car on the block in my Chevelle’s
Sponsored

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi Henry, I've seen the "Sasquatch Broncos" twice here in SoCal. One of them was in a car wash. The hardtop looked solid and the owner was very happy with his.

It sounds strange but the phrase "good things come to those who wait" really fits here. I'm holding off for another year or two myself before deciding on what vehicle to buy. I have my choices down to a 4Runner, 2 door Rubicon Wrangler or 2 door Badlands Bronco.

To purchase one of these just to sell it and make a profit makes no sense at all. Especially when there are so many safer ways to invest.

The Bronco is a flashback to the Mazda Miata when it first came out. The popularity of the first year model was insane. It was marketed as a cheap sports car. The demand was so high that dealers were selling for over double it's value.

Some buyers figured they were smart and purchased them to turn a profit. A few got lucky. Most got a rude awaking when they found out they had a pile of junk and the value dropped worse than a European vehicle. After less than the second year of ownership, they were lucky if they got 25% of what they paid for it.

To the OP John-Paul, Take the 7K and run. You are not going to see this kind of profit on a used vehicle for a long time to come.

My 94' Chevy Silverado was appraised (by the bank) at over 2K more than what I paid for it one year after it was purchased new. I kept it and drove the wheels off it for almost 20 years.
Thanks Ollie, my 03 Chevy Trailblazer has 320k and still runs strong, gone cross country twice in last 2 years, hope the Bronco will be 1/2 as good.

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

LJSheridan

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC, Porsche Macan
Your Bronco Model
Base
I really like it. There are a few things that I dislike. I went on Sunday to connect my tow hitch bike rack to load up my family for a bike ride and because of the tire I was not able to use it for the trip. I had to use the Dinali which I would rather have used my nice new bronco. So I have to buy a tow hitch extender in order to use the bronco but it was that sense of I can’t use it that really frustrated me. I never purchased it thinking to sell it. I never ordered it thinking to sell. It’s just a matter of opportunity since fortunately it’s not my daily driver nor a priority vehicle.
I recently bought the KAC "swing away" hitch extender. Super heavy duty and convenient.