Gordon Freeman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rail cart
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Welcome to another Wildtrak vs Badlands topic!
Joking.

Well, after watching this:

I don't want my car rot from inside (just draining will not help, carpets will rot further, you need to remove them away, dry and put back, rinse and repeat).

So another point to Badlands/BD/FE.
Sponsored

Last edited:

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm dying to know if vinyl seats and rubber floors are available in other trims other than BD and BL.

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
If the rubber floor is anything like what they put in the Transits, run floor mats! We got a few Transit Connects in our work fleet with the rubber floor but no mats. Just about a year old and 30k miles and there's already heel wear marks almost making a hole.

I drive one just on Saturdays, I could take pics tomorrow if anyone is interested.

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ran a JKU for 7 years and I think everyone is making a bigger deal of this than necessary. Whenever I got water in inside the Jeep (mostly rain) I would pull the drain plugs and propped up the rug to dry overnight. I NEVER had an issue with rot. Drain plugs are a must, the rubberized floor may not be for only water intrusion.....mud on the other hand, is a while other story.

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
I ran a JKU for 7 years and I think everyone is making a bigger deal of this than necessary. Whenever I got water in inside the Jeep (mostly rain) I would pull the drain plugs and propped up the rug to dry overnight. I NEVER had an issue with rot. Drain plugs are a must, the rubberized floor may not be for only water intrusion.....mud on the other hand, is a while other story.
Same! Had a super leaky Trektop for a while and would end up with 3 inches of water in just the passenger side. Pop the plugs, let it drain out and get the rest with a shop-vac. And for mud, let it dry and then it vacuums right up as dirt. Easy peasy!

Sure the vinyl floor would be nice as standard or at least optional on any trim. But I'll just get some WeatherTech or equivalent mats right from the start this time.

Sponsored

crowdpleazer

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mud, winter time grime/cinders, pop/coffee stains, mold, and more are really difficult to clean out of carpet, plus it smells as it gets older. I plan on keeping this vehicle as long as I can. I usually hold on to stuff 10-20 years.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One time my wife spilled strawberry Actimel on carpeted floor. I was not able fully get rid of smell for almost half of year.
Never wanted rubber floor more than since then.
Umm what the hell is strawberry “actimel”

Sponsored

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the washout floor is the one reason I do NOT want the Black Diamond - it's ugly.

Kogi

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just found out the rear AC vents are below the front seat. If the flooring is rubber and washable, can water get into the vents?

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed. I have rubber mats over carpet in my F150 and never use/see the carpet. Seats? Cloth for me please.

icavedin

Base
First Name
Ami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 4runner, '91 318iS, '07 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
There seems to be quite a bit of hub bub around water getting into your rig, controversy around active v. passive drain plugs, and just overall anxiety about the topic.

My question is; where the hell do you all live where you’re actively flooding interiors?

I live in Seattle with a rig that goes topless in the summer, and not in the winter.

If you are in fact running topless year round, then maybe invest in a sump pump and perhaps all new electronics while you’re at it.
Sponsored