Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does anyone have any recent experience with the difference as far as road noise, if any? Last truck I owned with vinyl flooring was a 94 F150 and that was about 15 years ago. Cared less back then haha
Sponsored

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
Rubber mats insulate better all aroud.
However, once they get hot, they stay hot longer due to their greater mass over carpeting.

~ it's an Arizona thing.

If I had a choice, it would be cloth seats and rubber floors.

porjos

Black Diamond
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I kind of have both worlds right now...I got the full vinyl flooring option in my 2017 F-150 with the standard cloth seats. The cloth isn't horrible, but getting stains out is not easy whatsoever.

In regard to road noise, i'm not sure how much of a difference that would make - but you can always do your own insulation!

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My F-150 has carpet, my buddies has vinyl. Similar tires except my rims are larger. I never noticed any road noise difference between the two. I have significantly less time in his truck though.

I've had Rangers with carpet and vinyl, I never noticed a difference.

Logic would leave me to believe if measured with a meter that carpet would absorb more of the sound waves, but I have no proof to back up that theory.

In my home with hardwood floors and drywalled walls with 14 foot ceilings, I noticed huge differences in audio acoustics when we added area rugs.

OP
OP
IXxMcCoyxXl

IXxMcCoyxXl

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My F-150 has carpet, my buddies has vinyl. Similar tires except my rims are larger. I never noticed any road noise difference between the two. I have significantly less time in his truck though.

I've had Rangers with carpet and vinyl, I never noticed a difference.

Logic would leave me to believe if measured with a meter that carpet would absorb more of the sound waves, but I have no proof to back up that theory.

In my home with hardwood floors and drywalled walls with 14 foot ceilings, I noticed huge differences in audio acoustics when we added area rugs.
Same here with the home example. I did not remember thinking any truck I owned was louder than others and have had both. I do find carpet and cloth easier to clean with shop vac and soap but still leaning towards the black diamond or badlands.

Sponsored

Milamdj

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would think road noise is a moot point on a vehicle that the tops and doors come off of and people are putting 35 inch mud tires on that add additional noise.

OP
OP
IXxMcCoyxXl

IXxMcCoyxXl

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would think road noise is a moot point on a vehicle that the tops and doors come off of and people are putting 35 inch mud tires on that add additional noise.
I disagree. I have been in a few newer jeeps that were done up that I did not find overly noisy. End of the day it will not be a big deal however I will be taking these things into consideration when ordering.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think any difference will be in which frequencies are dampened more in one versus the other due to their differing densities.
Sponsored