Coby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MME CA Route 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Tonight I took the Bronco (had it since Thursday / 400 miles on it) on the first roadtrip of a little over 4 hours.

I was using Apple Maps for directions via wireless Carplay but at about the 100 mile mark, the display became totally corrupted.

Ford Bronco Carplay Display Corruption 5DBB30F7-7043-4556-8018-10C5871144C3

Tapping App Icons _seemed_ to still work, but hard to tell. Using the tuner to change Sirius stations and then tapping the displayed banner allowed me to get back to Sync where everything still worked/looked fine. The audio directions from Apple Maps kept working as did the small next turn visual cue in the instrument display.

I pulled over and tried to disconnect Carplay from the iPhone but it never disconnected. Turned the truck off and restarted and Carplay connects before I can stop it and the display is still messed up.

Anybody seen this or know a fix or some way to reset the Carplay display system? In the morning Iā€™ll ā€œforgetā€ the Sync system from the phone and try to connect anew but I donā€™t have any other ideasā€¦
Sponsored

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Try restarting the phone, as well as the entire vehicle. If issues persist, take it in to you dealer.

1stCar76Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge Sport tuned
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Iā€™ve had some issues with my system locking up and you canā€™t do anything, canā€™t even turn it off. Itā€™s happen three times so far and seems to be when I try to switch sources and it locks on a SiriusXM station.

OP
OP
calcutta

calcutta

Big Bend
First Name
Coby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MME CA Route 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Try restarting the phone, as well as the entire vehicle. If issues persist, take it in to you dealer.
Wow, either restarting the phone and/or letting the truck sit turned off for half an hour did the trick. Nice call šŸ‘ Now to see if it returnsā€¦

Sponsored

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How hot did your phone get?
I've seen lesser corruption on other vehicles, and I put the phone in front of a vent to reduce the error. Not saying it's the same, just maybe.

J.C.

Big Bend
First Name
J.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I had a similar problem after less than 12 hours of owning the vehicle. It turns out it was the APIM (computer that controls the accessory modules and Sync 4). The problem turns out to be a software glitch that is actually 'bricking' the APIM itself. When this happens, the entire APIM has to be replaced. Problem right now...they are NOT shipping out a new APIM until they get new software. Supposedly the software update was supposed to go out to the two suppliers of this APIM yesterday (12/12) (weird that it is on a Sunday) but after the software update they are supposed to be able to ship out new APIM to fix mine. Checked today though (12/13) and they still do not have a status on when they can ship out an APIM. Only was told they have 200 that need to be shipped and no ETA was available on mine till possibly later this week.

So there you have it. I have had my Bronco less than one day and it has been in the shop ever since waiting on the above. Yippee.

OP
OP
calcutta

calcutta

Big Bend
First Name
Coby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MME CA Route 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had a similar problem after less than 12 hours of owning the vehicle. It turns out it was the APIM (computer that controls the accessory modules and Sync 4). The problem turns out to be a software glitch that is actually 'bricking' the APIM itself. When this happens, the entire APIM has to be replaced. Problem right now...they are NOT shipping out a new APIM until they get new software. Supposedly the software update was supposed to go out to the two suppliers of this APIM yesterday (12/12) (weird that it is on a Sunday) but after the software update they are supposed to be able to ship out new APIM to fix mine. Checked today though (12/13) and they still do not have a status on when they can ship out an APIM. Only was told they have 200 that need to be shipped and no ETA was available on mine till possibly later this week.

So there you have it. I have had my Bronco less than one day and it has been in the shop ever since waiting on the above. Yippee.
Ouch. That is not great and sorry you are Bronco-less atm. The return trip from Vegas was uneventful fortunately, but Iā€™ll have your info at the ready should it happen again and I need to head to the dealer.

eric0w

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I ve been waiting on a new APIM for my bronco for over a month now. Still no ETAā€¦:

Sponsored

J.C.

Big Bend
First Name
J.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I ve been waiting on a new APIM for my bronco for over a month now. Still no ETAā€¦:
Talked to them yesterday and the software update that engineers tested did not work. Looks like another week for sure. Do you still drive yours or is it at the dealer?

JDS

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TT Roadster, Reatta convertible.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You were using apple maps....that seems like normal functionality.

eric0w

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Talked to them yesterday and the software update that engineers tested did not work. Looks like another week for sure. Do you still drive yours or is it at the dealer?
Still at the dealer