First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Lincoln Continental
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I saw some hacks to get your garage door opener set up using an Android phone app. I'm wondering if anyone has had any success with Apple iOS and the CarPlay system? I have the myQ (garge door) app on my iphone but no way to add it to CarPlay.
Sponsored

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
There is a setting in the carplay called "recommendations". When i have this enabled, it pulls up the garage door when near home.

coadr

Badlands
First Name
Coady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You'd have to have a HomeKit (Apple's smart home platform) integrated garage door motor and a HomeKit hub (Apple TV or HomePod) on your home Wifi in order for the door to be controllable via CarPlay. It's a bit complex in the name of privacy but works well overall once set up!

imaginager

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You'd have to have a HomeKit (Apple's smart home platform) integrated garage door motor and a HomeKit hub (Apple TV or HomePod) on your home Wifi in order for the door to be controllable via CarPlay. It's a bit complex in the name of privacy but works well overall once set up!
How did you get the Apple TV or Homepod to function as the hub? I'm not finding much with the Google...

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I just push the voice control button and ask Siri to open. Works like a champ on a Genie / Overhead door opener.

mtheawesomeone

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm android not apple but I was able to use google home voice commands to open/close my building where I park my bronco. It would be the same gist to use whatever apple uses for the same thing (sorry I am apple stupid but I think its homekit). I have a roller door opener which isn't your standard garage door and unfortunately it has little keyfob that I don't like because they are really easy to have accidental triggers in your pocket. They also are not whatever frequency standard garage doors operate at so the Ford homelink buttons on the visor wont "learn" it in my Bronco.

My solution was to buy one of those universal Meross model add-ons for your garage door. Amazon has them (the apple homekit one is like $45), not apple version is half that price. It basically adds app functionality and voice commands to any garage door opener. If it's like google home you have to create a pin 4 digit pin # in the app to open it and it will ask you for that # when you voice the command like "Open garage door" or whatever you name it. I am assuming this is so someone can't yell from outside your house to open the door and it just open. You can close it though without a pin.

This requires you to install the module on your garage along with a small sensor on the door itself so it can know if the door is open or closed (that's all included in the kit). Maybe a 30 minute deal with zip ties. I have done maybe 6 for friends and family. The nice thing is you can have it message you if your door is left open too long or at a certain time like say after 11:00 PM. This way you don't forget your door is open and creepers steal your Bronco or tools.

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I saw some hacks to get your garage door opener set up using an Android phone app. I'm wondering if anyone has had any success with Apple iOS and the CarPlay system? I have the myQ (garge door) app on my iphone but no way to add it to CarPlay.
I use this, it works great. i just push the talk button on the steering wheel and say "open garage door"

Garage Door Module

Diamond_Dogs23

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Bronco also has Amazon Alexa built in which is free for the first 3 years I believe. You can link your wifi garage door opener to that for opening and closing.

Sponsored

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The Bronco also has Amazon Alexa built in which is free for the first 3 years I believe. You can link your wifi garage door opener to that for opening and closing.
You cant use both Siri and Alexa in the Bronco... I use Siri with CarPlay

Burgler2112

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco 2.3l Mid Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I bought this a couple years ago. It’s a cheap Wi-Fi garage door opener: https://a.co/d/dVz6eZW

when I got the Bronco I created a “Siri shortcut” that triggers the app for that garage door controller.
so when I get home I just say “Hey Siri, garage door”
And my door opens.
I do the same when leaving and the door closes. đź‘Ť
Sponsored