Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone else’s Apple CarPlay not work with the new iOS update?
Sponsored

broncoky

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2DR CB OBX SAS & 2000 Lexus LS400
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No problems here.

iOS 15.1.1 (iPhone 13 Pro)

I would suggest making sure the Sync version is up-to-date. It seems like they have released several updates over the last month or so.

I'm having issues with Ford Pass Connect. The info would not update last Saturday. I removed the Bronco from my account and now I can't get the activation window to appear on the Sync screen. There's a TSB about the issue. I've reset Sync a couple times and I'm going to try pulling the approprate fuses this weekend to see if it fixes the issue, otherwise the dealer can fix it for me...

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I feel your pain.

My issue began right before the iOS update, and before the Sync update, but the updates have not remedied it. Wireless CarPlay in the Bronco on iPhone 12 Pro worked great from July to October. Then another person plugged their phone in and ok'd using CarPlay from their phone. This turned out to be bad.

From that time on, I can re-establish my phone as the main (and only) phone paired to the vehicle, and set up wireless CarPlay, but after I turn off the vehicle, leave range and return later, wireless CarPlay no longer works. I see the phone still saved and paired, but if I try to activate CarPlay, I get a message to connect to USB to use CarPlay. lol.

I have deleted all devices, forgotten the Bronco on the phone, pulled the Sync fuse, rebooted the phone while plugged into the vehicle and while not plugged in, and verified that both the phone and the Bronco are fully updated.

Probably have to nuke the phone's wireless settings next. Watch out for your friends plugging in! 😂

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m on 15.1.1 with iPhone 12 Pro. My brother in law plugged his phone into my Bronco on the way to Vegas. I remember we had to switch phones and pick them during our trip. But after the trip no issues.

Reactions: R11

Sponsored

BadBradBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Google it, there are several settings in IOS 15 that prevent wireless CarPlay from working. It happened with me in my Honda. I had to delete the phone from the. Cars system and delete the car from my phones and start over again. I even had to reset my phone to factory settings.

Sulleyy

Black Diamond
First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mine is currently at the dealership getting looked at because I have IOS 15.1 and wireless CarPlay is picking and choosing when it wants to work. Will update what the dealership tells me.

Shacky4

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Mine is currently at the dealership getting looked at because I have IOS 15.1 and wireless CarPlay is picking and choosing when it wants to work. Will update what the dealership tells me.
Wow, been a month and the dealership hasn't told you anything yet?

Vico

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m still hating how Apple Wireless CarPlay truncates my song listings when driving faster than 5mph. 😡

Reactions: R11

Shacky4

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Wireless Carplay does work with my iPhone 12 pro max, IOS 15.1xx . But, I thought it had been automatically booting into Carplay when I got into the car if I was using it last. Now, if I want to use Carplay, I have to hit the Carplay button on the screen everytime I get in and start the car. Shouldn't it just boot right into Carplay if that's what I have been using?

Sponsored

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone else’s Apple CarPlay not work with the new iOS update?
Make sure the Bluetooth is turned on in the car and phone settings. Sometimes updates shut it off.

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

bumping this in case anyone is still having wireless CarPlay issues like me!

In addition to what I mentioned above, I have kept iOS updated, have reset wireless settings on my phone, manually rebooted sync, disconnected the battery in the Bronco several times, and pulled the sync fuse additional times as well. Only things that I know of that I have not tried are a factory reset of my phone, and a master reset of sync. (And I guess I have not tried setting up someone else's phone, then adding mine, which was what started this problem in the first place). Guess I will try the latter two first, then reset my phone if necessary.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
bumping this in case anyone is still having wireless CarPlay issues like me!

In addition to what I mentioned above, I have kept iOS updated, have reset wireless settings on my phone, manually rebooted sync, disconnected the battery in the Bronco several times, and pulled the sync fuse additional times as well. Only things that I know of that I have not tried are a factory reset of my phone, and a master reset of sync. (And I guess I have not tried setting up someone else's phone, then adding mine, which was what started this problem in the first place). Guess I will try the latter two first, then reset my phone if necessary.
Hi there! Can you send us a PM with your VIN and Ford dealership information? I’d be happy to look into this Bronco concern on my end.