First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I stopped by the dealership on Friday to see if I could schedule the review of the conversion of my unscheduled clean order from MY2022 to MY 2023. I was somewhat confused by the responses to some of the questions that I asked.

I indicated that I would like to schedule a review of the order and complete the COVP process in the next couple of weeks. It was indicated that all unscheduled orders will be automatically converted to MY 2023 and that there is not reason to come in. I followed up with is there not a requirement to verify drivers license and sign a new purchase agreement and the answer was no that was not required. Interesting because it contradicts everything that I have read on this forum.

I then asked about what there thoughts were on how long it would take and the quick answer I received was to expect a 2025, perhaps a 2024 if I was lucky. Wow, that really threw me for a loop. I thought that they were not going to open up ordering MY 2023 until most previous unscheduled orders has received VIN's and been scheduled for production. 2025 is a long ways away.

I was a walk in retail order on 3/1/2022 and do not have a reservation . I received my order confirmation from Ford in almost 1 hour (Great). It has never shown up on my Ford account under a reservation or order, but the folks from the marketing group (I appreciate their feedback and responses) have always been able to confirm that my order is in their system using the Sales Code and Order Code on my order summary. It has always been reported unscheduled clean. It does scare me a little bit that the order is in their system, but I cannot see it attached to my ford account. No swag has ever been sent and no other email correspondence has been sent. I just read last week that emails were beginning to be sent to all unscheduled order holders indicating that they will be converted to MY 2023.

So just a bit concerned on how I should follow up on this. No COVP process for Bronco MY2023 conversions? Projecting 2025 delivery? This cannot be correct.
I'm an optimistic realist. Based on the pacing of my dealer allocations, it could be 2025. However, Ford has indicated in their recent rebuild email that the order book would be reassessed in the fourth quarter of 2022. I have no crystal ball, but I do think they would like to get the orders cleaned up asap. The dealers are upset. The customers are upset. The shareholders are upset. They have options, especially depending on how many orders fail to convert by November.

They could go in allocation order throughout the year and close out all small dealers at end of the year depending on total reservation numbers after everyone else.

They could also allow transfers after reviewing the open order book to allow reservation orders to get them while also continuing to support the big dealers through their larger allocations.

I say I'm a realist since I'm preparing to hunker down to 2025, but the wording about reviewing the order book in the fourth quarter seems like they have not made a final decision yet on production and allocation for 2023 yet. Also, 2024 is still rumored as a refresh year, so maybe closing out all reservations in 2023 makes more sense too.
Don't get me wrong, this has been a cluster from the get go, so don't get your hopes up.... I'm just leaving some upside to expectations here to ponder over the next few months. Good luck to everyone!
Sponsored