First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m somewhat confused on allocations. I get it for normal inventory and those that sell more get more allocation but I wouldn’t think this is the case for orders that are backlogged 24 months. If Ford has 300 hundred individual orders from a small dealer. I find it odd Ford would not complete the orders as first in first out. I would hope a customer would not be penalized based on where he decided to send his order?
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's incorrect regarding no emails for walk in orders or atleast thats not my case. I'm a walk in order and recieved emails including order confirmation and scheduled for production, (thats how i recieved my VIN and WS) next should be the built then shipped emails.
I should have prefaced my statement that in my experience. Yours is evidently different. But I feel my experience is a bit more typical. I at one time had 6 orders and 5 of them were "walk-in" new orders without a reservation. Not a single communication from those 5 orders other than the initial confirmation. I still get regular email and swag from my original reservation/order.

Jawbox

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m somewhat confused on allocations. I get it for normal inventory and those that sell more get more allocation but I wouldn’t think this is the case for orders that are backlogged 24 months. If Ford has 300 hundred individual orders from a small dealer. I find it odd Ford would not complete the orders as first in first out. I would hope a customer would not be penalized based on where he decided to send his order?
That would be in sane industries. Legacy automakers don't do things that transparently for a lot of reasons.

Ohship5

Base
First Name
Oship
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Base
Interesting your dealer said that about the COVP stuff. Mine expressed the same said it would be an automatic process I wouldn’t need to come in for, but I’m not sure about why they believed that when everything I’ve read has been about being verified this time around for the conversion. Either way I’m going to be paying them a visit later this week to make sure the conversion went well and triple check that they have submitted any verification that needs to be placed.
We stopped into our dealer a couple of weeks ago. They are actually requiring everyone with a current order to physically come into the dealership for the COVP, and show their drivers license. They are trying to weed out the people that aren't serious.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We stopped into our dealer a couple of weeks ago. They are actually requiring everyone with a current order to physically come into the dealership for the COVP, and show their drivers license. They are trying to weed out the people that aren't serious.
There really is no reason why COVP can't be done electronically. But I reckon some dealerships aren't aware of Docusign. COVP will be required no matter how it is done in order for the priority code to be updated. Any orders that remain with a PC'99 after 11/21 will be purged from the order banks.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

There really is no reason why COVP can't be done electronically. But I reckon some dealerships aren't aware of Docusign. COVP will be required no matter how it is done in order for the priority code to be updated. Any orders that remain with a PC'99 after 11/21 will be purged from the order banks.
yup I can't imagine how many people are going to lose their order due to dealers that dont read or follow anything.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Carry Over Orders Going to 2025???? 1663593262626

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If the expectations of COVP have changed I would want @Ford Motor Company to confirm. They do not want a number of clients left out of potential early scheduling due to bad information on the street. Note, if the numbers of orders & reservations drop significantly, dealers will get higher trim models quicker, which will allow them to potentially use ADM.

I stopped by the dealership on Friday to see if I could schedule the review of the conversion of my unscheduled clean order from MY2022 to MY 2023. I was somewhat confused by the responses to some of the questions that I asked.

I indicated that I would like to schedule a review of the order and complete the COVP process in the next couple of weeks. It was indicated that all unscheduled orders will be automatically converted to MY 2023 and that there is not reason to come in. I followed up with is there not a requirement to verify drivers license and sign a new purchase agreement and the answer was no that was not required. Interesting because it contradicts everything that I have read on this forum.

I then asked about what there thoughts were on how long it would take and the quick answer I received was to expect a 2025, perhaps a 2024 if I was lucky. Wow, that really threw me for a loop. I thought that they were not going to open up ordering MY 2023 until most previous unscheduled orders has received VIN's and been scheduled for production. 2025 is a long ways away.

I was a walk in retail order on 3/1/2022 and do not have a reservation . I received my order confirmation from Ford in almost 1 hour (Great). It has never shown up on my Ford account under a reservation or order, but the folks from the marketing group (I appreciate their feedback and responses) have always been able to confirm that my order is in their system using the Sales Code and Order Code on my order summary. It has always been reported unscheduled clean. It does scare me a little bit that the order is in their system, but I cannot see it attached to my ford account. No swag has ever been sent and no other email correspondence has been sent. I just read last week that emails were beginning to be sent to all unscheduled order holders indicating that they will be converted to MY 2023.

So just a bit concerned on how I should follow up on this. No COVP process for Bronco MY2023 conversions? Projecting 2025 delivery? This cannot be correct.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Serarch for "FORD SHAFTS GRANGER and other small DEALERS on ALLOCATIONS!"

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If the expectations of COVP have changed I would want @Ford Motor Company to confirm. They do not want a number of clients left out of potential early scheduling due to bad information on the street. Note, if the numbers of orders & reservations drop significantly, dealers will get higher trim models quicker, which will allow them to potentially use ADM.
Call me a cynic, but I posted a few weeks ago that dealer's have no incentive to follow through with COVP right away. As long as it is done before ll/21 so the order isn't purged. But I guarantee the dealer stock orders will be first to be updated prior to the first wave of scheduling on 10/6. Ford won't let the allocation go to waste. Broncos will be built. Dealers have an opportunity to gain dealer stock and get some of the sweet ADM before taking care of their retail customers.

Sponsored

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am amazed at how many people call Ford and ask about their orders. I reserved two years ago and I've never called them and it appears you ordered yours 6 months ago and have called multiple times?? Why. I don't understand what you all expect by calling them??
Maybe he expects information.

Not everyone has become as jaded as the Day 1 crew.

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The process needs to come from Ford, specifically for the reservation holders. Then, hopefully that info will trickle down.

W
Call me a cynic, but I posted a few weeks ago that dealer's have no incentive to follow through with COVP right away. As long as it is done before ll/21 so the order isn't purged. But I guarantee the dealer stock orders will be first to be updated prior to the first wave of scheduling on 10/6. Ford won't let the allocation go to waste. Broncos will be built. Dealers have an opportunity to gain dealer stock and get some of the sweet ADM before taking care of their retail customers.

Sand70

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Outer Banks Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am amazed at how many people call Ford and ask about their orders. I reserved two years ago and I've never called them and it appears you ordered yours 6 months ago and have called multiple times?? Why. I don't understand what you all expect by calling them??
Yup.

Sand70

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Outer Banks Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's what we thought years ago, when the reservations started. Then you can do walkins, then the dealer allocations. :)

rjudas

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As a Granger 4/21 reservation order date, I'm becoming more prepared to become one of the longest waiting (un-99d) deliveries in auto history. I figure my 2025 delivery will put me around 1300 days. WTF- Where's the Ford?
Sponsored