dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I wonder how many other dealers will be the same way, and people who aren’t educated from forums won’t know to push for COVP.
it's more like how many sales people/dealerships aren't educated. This has been an issue related to Bronco since the beginning.
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

As a Granger 4/21 reservation order date, I'm becoming more prepared to become one of the longest waiting (un-99d) deliveries in auto history. I figure my 2025 delivery will put me around 1300 days. WTF- Where's the Ford?
Dining on steak and lobster with the dealers council.

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am amazed at how many people call Ford and ask about their orders. I reserved two years ago and I've never called them and it appears you ordered yours 6 months ago and have called multiple times?? Why. I don't understand what you all expect by calling them??
We expect updates. I called once a month since I ordered, just to touch base. 5 months after I ordered, customer service told me I was scheduled. Got my VIN, and been using the pizza tracker and ordertrack.app since.

SCBronco1

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Lariat Fx4, 2012 BMW X3, 2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I stopped by the dealership on Friday to see if I could schedule the review of the conversion of my unscheduled clean order from MY2022 to MY 2023. I was somewhat confused by the responses to some of the questions that I asked.

I indicated that I would like to schedule a review of the order and complete the COVP process in the next couple of weeks. It was indicated that all unscheduled orders will be automatically converted to MY 2023 and that there is not reason to come in. I followed up with is there not a requirement to verify drivers license and sign a new purchase agreement and the answer was no that was not required. Interesting because it contradicts everything that I have read on this forum.

I then asked about what there thoughts were on how long it would take and the quick answer I received was to expect a 2025, perhaps a 2024 if I was lucky. Wow, that really threw me for a loop. I thought that they were not going to open up ordering MY 2023 until most previous unscheduled orders has received VIN's and been scheduled for production. 2025 is a long ways away.

I was a walk in retail order on 3/1/2022 and do not have a reservation . I received my order confirmation from Ford in almost 1 hour (Great). It has never shown up on my Ford account under a reservation or order, but the folks from the marketing group (I appreciate their feedback and responses) have always been able to confirm that my order is in their system using the Sales Code and Order Code on my order summary. It has always been reported unscheduled clean. It does scare me a little bit that the order is in their system, but I cannot see it attached to my ford account. No swag has ever been sent and no other email correspondence has been sent. I just read last week that emails were beginning to be sent to all unscheduled order holders indicating that they will be converted to MY 2023.

So just a bit concerned on how I should follow up on this. No COVP process for Bronco MY2023 conversions? Projecting 2025 delivery? This cannot be correct.
I think that no one has a clue whats going to happen at this point.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yep. Ford already lost one sale from me this year. They will lose another if I don't get my Bronco, and another trade in the year after that, and that and that.

OP, hopefully you dont need a vehicle right away. If you do then just move on and get something else. If you want to keep waiting like the rest of us, join in the fun. Oct 2020 order and have no clue when I will get my Bronco.

Sponsored

SoK66

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX 5.0L, 2009 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The Colossal Bronco Cluster&$ck continues, eh?

williamoneal

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F250 - Probably won't make it till the Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As a Granger 4/21 reservation order date, I'm becoming more prepared to become one of the longest waiting (un-99d) deliveries in auto history. I figure my 2025 delivery will put me around 1300 days. WTF- Where's the Ford?
And the sad part is @Ford doesn't appear to give a crap. The true cost of screwing those who were truly dedicated to Ford (aka the initial Ford Reservation holders), who eventually chose to throw in the towel, will be evident long after @JimFarley98 has cashed in his stock options and exited the building. Those will be customers lost to a brand that will likely impact generations. Short terms gains for a long term price = Bad strategy for the Company.... Good strategy for those receiving bonuses from Ford.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not to mention, selling to people who buy 2, 3 or even 4 Broncos. How about them apples, lol.

I would say to the OP regarding projected 2025 Bronco date, if not owning a comparable vehicle already, buy a different adventure vehicle now with similar capabilities (Wrangler). And then have at it with top-down exploring and off-roading. Because 2+ years is way too long to wait around in terms of not doing stuff.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
And the sad part is @Ford doesn't appear to give a crap. The true cost of screwing those who were truly dedicated to Ford (aka the initial Ford Reservation holders), who eventually chose to throw in the towel, will be evident long after @JimFarley98 has cashed in his stock options and exited the building. Those will be customers lost to a brand that will likely impact generations. Short terms gains for a long term price = Bad strategy for the Company.... Good strategy for those receiving bonuses from Ford.
Yep, and if Ford doesn't want to give the dealer of our choice, our Bronco, well then Ford doesn't want our Money. If necessary, at some point, we would just get a Jeep from Granger. So if that's how Ford wants to play it, fine. My girlfriend wouldn't know the difference between a Wrangler 392 and a Bronco WildTrak at the moment... And, honestly, Jeep has colors she likes more.

So Ford, what's it going to be??? Do you want to push me off to a Jeep?

Waiting @Ford Motor Company, is that the experience you want reservation holders to have?

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
We stopped into our dealer a couple of weeks ago. They are actually requiring everyone with a current order to physically come into the dealership for the COVP, and show their drivers license. They are trying to weed out the people that aren't serious.

I have a feeling that COVP is not for our benefit. It is Ford looking forward to the time where interest rates are high and interest in the Bronco is waning. A time where the multiple orders from one possible buyer and orders from the buyers that gave up have turned into excess inventory on dealer lots.

Call me cynical but I don't believe Ford gives a crap about anything but the bottom line.

Sponsored

Samsquantch

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Guys... I do not know what COVP means- and at this point I'm afraid to ask.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Guys... I do not know what COVP means- and at this point I'm afraid to ask.
Customer Order Verification Program (COVP). It basically provides documentation to Ford that you and the order holder's name match and accounts for legitimate orders.

Samsquantch

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Customer Order Verification Program (COVP). It basically provides documentation to Ford that you and the order holder's name match and accounts for legitimate orders.
Thank you!
Sponsored