BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As we all know, auto production is down so the demand for used cars is way, way up. So, like many, I am going to take this opportunity to unload a vehicle or two (looking at you Ford Flex).

Anyway, I have gotten quotes from Carvana and CarMax. However, trying to get additional info out of Carvana is near impossible. Their customer service lines says the wait time is several hours, to call back later and the dial tone. The chat/text line took 21.5 hours to get a response once I got past the robot.

So, those who have sold to Carvana in the past, how does it work upon vehicle pick-up and what was your experience? I am anticipating them inspecting/verifying the vehicle upon pick-up, is that the case and if so how long did it take? Did the offer stand once they got there or did they try to beat you down on price? Anything else I need to know. Any advice and insight is appreciated.
Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It was literally the easiest transaction i have ever been a part of. They came out, did a once-over of the car and then i signed the purchase contract and they had a transport come and pick it up. They didn't change the offer at all. It actually made me regret not saying it was in better shape with how little they grilled me on condition. That may be a bit different based on who looks at it, but i got almost 2 grand more for our Fusion than Carmax was going to give us.

GreatDaneMom

Badlands
First Name
Diana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR Badlands; Genuine Buddy Scooter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Depending on the year of your car, you might also try Vroom. I got a great price for my car and the process was seamless... although I must admit it was nerve-wracking to watch them take my car away and then wait a few days for a check to arrive.

Vroom also offered $2,000 more than CarMax. :)

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
As we all know, auto production is down so the demand for used cars is way, way up. So, like many, I am going to take this opportunity to unload a vehicle or two (looking at you Ford Flex).

Anyway, I have gotten quotes from Carvana and CarMax. However, trying to get additional info out of Carvana is near impossible. Their customer service lines says the wait time is several hours, to call back later and the dial tone. The chat/text line took 21.5 hours to get a response once I got past the robot.

So, those who have sold to Carvana in the past, how does it work upon vehicle pick-up and what was your experience? I am anticipating them inspecting/verifying the vehicle upon pick-up, is that the case and if so how long did it take? Did the offer stand once they got there or did they try to beat you down on price? Anything else I need to know. Any advice and insight is appreciated.
I can certainly see the convenience of a Carvana or Carmax transaction. But in this market, I feel it would be better to try a private sale first. Facebook Marketplace has proven effective for many people I know--if you wade through the junk. Autotrader, CarGuru and others would probably be good, as well. I just think you could get more for your vehicle through a private transaction. Do yall feel the same?

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can certainly see the convenience of a Carvana or Carmax transaction. But in this market, I feel it would be better to try a private sale first. Facebook Marketplace has proven effective for many people I know--if you wade through the junk. Autotrader, CarGuru and others would probably be good, as well. I just think you could get more for your vehicle through a private transaction. Do yall feel the same?
Selling cars is absolutely the worst thing in the world, I hate it every time I try to buy or sell a car private party. Too many people ghosting, tire kickers, what's your lowest you will take BS. Which is why at this point im staying with a car I can unload to carmax, etc quick.

Carvana, Vroom, Carmax, ect are all low time no hassle sales.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BlueBronco

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe. But I would feel better selling it to a company that is going to inspect it and fix any unforeseen problems versus a single mom of 3 and then possibly having the check engine light come on 100miles later...

Besides, these days my patience and tolerance for people is close to zero.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

you can also try KBB instant cash as that will tie you with a local dealer and may or may not be a better easier deal.

Joker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Take a look at Carzeus also. They offered me 12k more then Carvana did, NO Joke!! I have the emails to prove it.

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Sold my Ford Focus ST to Carvana in March.

- I got my online offer March 12
- Scheduled my pick-up March 13
- Pickup March 19 (my car was mint so there were no deductions for condition)
- Payment processed March 21
- Funds hit my bank account March 22.

Carvana offers somewhere in the middle of wholesale and private party value. They do not haggle. They pretty much take you at your word on condition when you apply for your offer. Unless something severe is not disclosed prior to them showing up, the offer stands.

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Carvana picked my car up today. The guy showed up an hour early which worked out great. Checked a few things, had me sign a few things. Gave me my check and the car is being picked up by a tow truck. Whole process took about 30 mins. The guy didn't even test drive it. Just checked for no CEL'S and the mileage. Very easy and convenient.

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did this last week. Very easy process and only took about 20 minutes. They drive it around the block, I signed papers and that was it. Couldn't be happier throughout the entire process.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Selling cars is absolutely the worst thing in the world, I hate it every time I try to buy or sell a car private party. Too many people ghosting, tire kickers, what's your lowest you will take BS. Which is why at this point im staying with a car I can unload to carmax, etc quick.

Carvana, Vroom, Carmax, ect are all low time no hassle sales.
I'm dealing with this right now and it's tiring.

I have a couple weeks left on my Autotrader ad and if someone serious doesn't appear by then, I'm going to see what Carvana will offer for it.

I tried the KBB cash offer, but all the Dealers that contacted me were, at a minimum, a 2+ hr drive and wanted to see the car. My work schedule makes it very difficult to try an arrange a ride back if they offered a decent price.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Having this exact issue. My quote expires Thursday but I can't get anyone from carvanna to follow up
you can also try KBB instant cash as that will tie you with a local dealer and may or may not be a better easier deal.
I highly discourage this. The dealers will low ball you for selling your car to them but this may work fine for a trade in
Take a look at Carzeus also. They offered me 12k more then Carvana did, NO Joke!! I have the emails to prove it.
thanks! Trying them next since carvana is dropping the ball
I just got quotes on my ‘20 Rubicon:

Carvana: $48200
Carmax: $47500
Vroom: $54200

I paid $48+ Tax in April of ‘20

Unbelievable!
😯
Sponsored