Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Carvana gave me the lowest offer between KBB, & CarMax. & ended up selling private party to a dealer through Auto Trader in 18-hours for $6k more than Carvana offered Just last month.
What was your vehicle and trim?
Sponsored

OP
OP

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

2011 370z Sport Touring. Sold it for $20k to kick of my Bronco fund.
Ford Bronco Carvana- selling your car without trading in felix-808-albums-add-wing-picture102992-image-4
Cool. Prices may also depend if it still has factory warranty.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Carvana offered me more than $2k over what Carmax and was above KBB. Still waiting on the call for them to come get it.

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cool. Prices may also depend if it still has factory warranty.
Could be, but KBB offered 1k more than Carvana so I would shop around if you want to take the easy quick cash sale. YMMV :cool:

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
If Iā€™m not mistaken, the used car market is booming right now. My 2018 Charger RT was worth about $24,500 before Covid hit. Now KBB has it at about $26,500. This could be a good time to sell rather than wait for a trade.

My Charger is my only car so I may sell it and buy a beater for the time being. With me working remotely right now, I donā€™t need anything too reliable.

KSpider

Badlands
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi E-Tron (mine), Audi E-tron (wife's)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sold a car to Carvana in March, they offered more than carmax and any dealer trade in offer.

Kingdre87

Black Diamond
First Name
Deondray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Carvana offered me a good deal for my Mazda 6 thinking of taking it. Especially with the mileage I have on it. It was on the higher end of kbb suggestion pays off my loan and puts money in my pocket.

mrklas

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda HRV
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm not a car dealer, salesman or what have you. I have bought and sold 30 or so cars in my life because I just like cars.

CarMax and other national chains specialize in buying cars to sell or take to auction. I live in Dallas and there's several local entities like www.givemethevin.com and Texas Direct Auto that compete agressively with CarMax. So you can sell a car to them and get the transaction closed quickly if you own the car outright or it has been financed.

I've lived in NY, MA, NJ, PA, and TX and tax on a new car is paid on the net price. So there is potential benefit to selling to your purchasing dealer.

Furthermore, I've worked several deals in selling my used car to a buyer (an individual and using Texas Direct Auto). The value I sold the car was used as my trade-in price and therefore I received the best 'trade-in' and realized the 'true net price' for sales tax purposes. The second part of the deal was the selling of the car from the dealer to the third party.

Fuel for thought if Carvana is the best price and with their business model they may have a relationship with the Ford dealer you will work with.

Sponsored

dck82

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I love this site! I would have taken my Colorado in for trade and wouldnā€™t haven even thought of this. I plugged my info in and they offered a little over 19k. KBB was 17. I wasnā€™t even expecting that on trade in. I know it will depreciate between now and when I take delivery but itā€™s paid off so it will make a nice down payment.

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If Iā€™m not mistaken, the used car market is booming right now. My 2018 Charger RT was worth about $24,500 before Covid hit. Now KBB has it at about $26,500. This could be a good time to sell rather than wait for a trade.

My Charger is my only car so I may sell it and buy a beater for the time being. With me working remotely right now, I donā€™t need anything too reliable.
That was my thinking too, sell my 2015 Taurus SEL that still has a warranty of 125k or 2/1/2022

OP
OP

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

OP
OP

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

She is sold. Time to deposit the check and continue saving for the Bronco(or 7.3 f-250).
Sponsored