Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Some cash down and finance the rest. Unless you're rich, complete cash payment is bad investment in my opinion. Your money can make better returns in the stock market vs. Investment in a vehicle.
Sponsored

Fireman Dave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sold my Jeep in anticipation of Bronco release and before the market gets flooded with used Jeeps. That money is sitting in the bank earmarked for the Bronco. Will put at least 50% down, maybe more depending on how long it takes to acquire. Already started a $500 per month "car payment" adding to that balance until such time I need to get a loan for whatever the remainder might be.

Mke_80

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Renegade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To each their own. Everybody is in different circumstance and different stage of life.

The way I look at it, with a loan, you won't have the full $50K in the bank as you would have to subtract whatever the car payment is from that total. After 12 months and the car is only worth $35K, it's water under the bridge for those that pay cash. For those with loans, they are still making car payments just like it was brand new and still worth $50k when it now is only worth $35K.

True, the fun part about this post especially is that there is no true or false answer

Nova

Wildtrak
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
velar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did I miss something? Knowone has mentioned leasing? Advantages smaller montlhy payments, new Bronco vehicle in 3 to 4 years, no worries of an accident and depreciation! IMO leasing all the way!

Haulin455

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In my opinion, as long as the interest rate is low, and your down payment is large enough to never make you upside down on the vehicle over the course of the loan, then I don’t see financing as a bad option. I’ve always been a proponent of putting down at least 50% in trade-in/cash and then taking short loans (lower interest rate) to keep the amount you pay the banks in interest minimal.

Long story short; cash is king but as long as you live within your means then financing is fine too.

Sponsored

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did I miss something? Knowone has mentioned leasing? Advantages smaller montlhy payments, new Bronco vehicle in 3 to 4 years, no worries of an accident and depreciation! IMO leasing all the way!
Disadvantages-
Throwing away money
Never own it
Throwing away money
Cant really modify without breaking the lease agreement
Did I mention you're throwing away money?

:)

I see leases as good when you get insane discounts as you only pay the difference between sales price and cap cost. Probably wont be the case with a Bronco for years.

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll put my current car on the market about a couple weeks out from picking up the Bronco. If I still have it at trade in time I'll see what the dealer offers me for trade. My current car is a $12,000 something they could flip in a week so I don't expect them to be too far away.

92EddieBauer

Black Diamond
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas & Titan XD Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was in the military so a 25% APR for 89 months is perfect for me.

SAcobra427

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco U15 302, '05 F350 drw sb 425/925, '06 Ford GT 720/685, '09 911 Turbo 565/500, '17 GT350 575/480 on E85, '19 BMW M550, ERA Cobra #833
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
MCG Dawg, Dmk08, and Spooled, Could'nt agree with you guys more. Almost always better to use somebody else's money (the banks) in this situation, especially now with these current rates. At 0..1... or 2% you are paying almost all principal to your loan balance while keeping the money you would have spent on a big down payment and investing it in something thats making you money.

Last edited:

nomnom

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

When it comes to actual numbers, there is only 1 answer... if the interest rate to borrow money is lower that the interest (or return) of your Savings... then go with the Loan.

Example: Car loan 4% < Buying Amazon Stock 28% you keep your cash and get the car loan.

Now with that said.. I really like not having a car payment because 1 time monies beats out ongoing liabilities every time for me. However for the Bronco, chances are I'm going to take on a Loan but less than half of the bronco so I'll see how that goes.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I heard somewhere that Ford is doing 48 months 0% APR for the baby bronco, will this deal be available for the full bronco?

"To start, all 2021 Bronco Sports offer 0% APR for 48 months through Ford Credit. Alternatively, 60-month and 72-month options are available at 1.9% and 3.9%"

https://www.carsdirect.com/deals-ar...ll-new vehicle still months away from arrival.
Man I hope that is true... Money is cheap to borrow right now with the Feds keeping the rate next to none. Yet Bankrate claims the typical car loan is like 5%... wtf?

I thought Ford would try to under price Jeep just to stick it to them, but accept for the loss leader of the base, I don't think that is going to be the case... especially with the demand they have on the Bronco (I can't blame them)... so if they can at least provide some lube in the way of a lower interest loan, they are still making out more than most and getting MSRP in many cases for their car.

Come on Ford... you aren't giving us the Transmission, the Paint Colors, the Intererior Colors... at least give us the Financing!!!

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I heard somewhere that Ford is doing 48 months 0% APR for the baby bronco, will this deal be available for the full bronco?

"To start, all 2021 Bronco Sports offer 0% APR for 48 months through Ford Credit. Alternatively, 60-month and 72-month options are available at 1.9% and 3.9%"

https://www.carsdirect.com/deals-articles/ford-bronco-sport-already-has-a-0-apr-deal#:~:text=Ford is already offering 0% APR on the,an all-new vehicle still months away from arrival.
If they offer 0% on the Bronco Ill be financing 100% when I could easily cut a check. Just sayin...

bobbleheadguru

Base
First Name
Farris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Cash in full. If I can't pay cash for something that depreciates, then I can't afford it.

This is really excellent advice. That is why is is better to put money in appreciating real estate than in depreciating cars... and worth it to take a home loan, when it is not worth it to take a car loan. Also, I will say that there may be a tax benefit of putting the money in your house as well.
Sponsored