First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
There’s some credence to wonder what they mean by it being incompatible with the ACC.

All the winch mounting brackets we’ve seen thus far have been elevated out and above the ACC radar unit… and the ACC sensor has been the whole argument for why there isn’t a more clean winch installation low and inside. (Well, that and the intercooler)

This is the first indication that the winch interferes with the ACC functionality.
Same here, first I have read about interfering with ACC. As for camera, you can get a lot back with the warn control pack relocation kit.

Ford really screwed the pooch if ACC won't work with it. Pisses me off, I am sure I will need a winch.
I can live without the perfect from camera view and the 360 view, but unless there's a winch solution for the front that doesn't mess with the ACC I'm going winch-less (always with a wench).
I agree. I do not want to go winch less.

Ford sure messed this up bad
Sponsored

GrayGhostDog

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I figured that the winch solution obstructed a lot of the front camera view and probably blocked some of the front parking sensors if so equipped, but was not sure about the ACC... I guess we got our answers.

I always thought that relocating the front camera was not much of a possibility, including even for aftermarket winch/bumper options. Relocating the ACC might be more doable.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reprogramming the 360° camera?? That sounds like a pipe dream lol. Hit that pipe and keep dreaming 😂😋
People also said that I couldnt add front & side cameras with sync 3 a few years ago and have it work like oem. Sure enough, guess what Ive been running for 3yrs in my f150 after being the beta tester for the aftermarket company.

i understand this may be a bigger issue but you never know with aftermarket. I mean, we can already hack the software to change tire diameter, turn start/stop off, default to certain driving modes, adjust deeper camera settings, etc.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All the winch mounting brackets we’ve seen thus far have been elevated out and above the ACC radar unit… and the ACC sensor has been the whole argument for why there isn’t a more clean winch installation low and inside. (Well, that and the intercooler)

This is the first indication that the winch interferes with the ACC functionality.
Great question. The picture in this catalog shows the ACC sensor blocked, yet the other examples we have seen have the sensor cutout, including the 4WP winch bumper. I am wondering if this catalog has old or new information. I want a winch and was prepared to relocate the relay box and live with camera blockage, but having to wait for an ACC sensor workaround is an unexpected problem. I am now second-thinking my package choices.

I hope they didn't block it on purpose just to prevent people from having issues with a dangling tow hook causing sensor issues.
Ford Bronco Catalogue says Ford (Warn) winch is not compatible with High/Lux packages 1619982558048

OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great question. The picture in this catalog shows the ACC sensor blocked, yet the other examples we have seen have the sensor cutout, including the 4WP winch bumper. I am wondering if this catalog has old or new information. I want a winch and was prepared to relocate the relay box and live with camera blockage, but having to wait for an ACC sensor workaround is an unexpected problem. I am now second-thinking my package choices.

I hope they didn't block it on purpose just to prevent people from having issues with a dangling tow hook causing sensor issues.
Ford Bronco Catalogue says Ford (Warn) winch is not compatible with High/Lux packages 1619982558048
Yeah..

I noticed in older photos that the ACC radar was visible. Hence my surprise that the catalog suddenly poops on the concept.

I prefer a factory option for warranty reasons but I’m not opposed to just duct taping the thing to my hood if I have to. I need all the ladies down at the woman’s auxiliary club to notice my whip.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Part of this is angle of the shot… but it does appear to at least impinge on the top of the opening:

Ford Bronco Catalogue says Ford (Warn) winch is not compatible with High/Lux packages E2EF23E4-E542-4A5F-8575-7E3B1778F0AE

Compared to this early render that appears to actually have the winch higher (above the top horizontal bumper piece)

Ford Bronco Catalogue says Ford (Warn) winch is not compatible with High/Lux packages E39512D8-1114-4077-AAD0-47E918BCD871

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Part of this is angle of the shot… but it does appear to at least impinge on the top of the opening:

Compared to this early render that appears to actually have the winch higher (above the top horizontal bumper piece)
Thanks for sharing the photos. Maybe the sensor still might work, but not guaranteed?

The Ford plaid shirt guy at the Idaho Bronco show today confirmed the cruise sensor blockage. He also said that an updated catalog including pricing is due out in 2 weeks. I have to say that I liked the feel of the manual trans and clutch - but I have to keep reminding myself that I will regret it if I don't get the 2.7. The cactus gray was nicer than I expected. The interior was small but not uncomfortable.

Sponsored

NotaVegetarian

Badlands
First Name
Nota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco, 1979 Bronco, F250 Super Crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Please add the winch. Warn provides fairly good products. This should be a fairly simple task mounting and alignment of a camera, calibration should not be too big of an issue. I don’t see an issue with mounting a winch With the camera. If we can mount security cameras inside the bezels of computer monitors why not a front grill of a truck. The options will change over time aftermarket parts and services will too

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yet one more reason to be happy I am a MY22 Bronco

jjack50

Black Diamond
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Jetta TDI, 2016 F350 4WD Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Catalogue says Ford (Warn) winch is not compatible with High/Lux packages E39512D8-1114-4077-AAD0-47E918BCD871

The bottom two pictures show two different winch mount setups. The upper one is mounted lower and it looks like farther out from the grill than the lower picture. I'd guess the lower picture mount wouldn't obstruct the advanced cruise control radar sensor, but it looks like Ford has settled on the mount in the upper picture.
I'd rather have the winch mounted as in the upper picture. Of course, since I won't have the cameras or the ACC it won't matter to me.

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow. I just noticed this as well and was coming to see if others had started talking about this.

This is also the first time I recall hearing about the winch mount blocking the ACC radar.

My goodness the hits keep coming. I thought the ford winch mounting solution was going to end up being the best, when coupled with a camera relocation (which should be easy). But if it also blocks the ACC radar, I'm at a loss as to how to wheel with a winch and have all of your tech still work.

The ford winch setup looks like it is semi-modular, as in you could choose to mount and de-mount the plate when you are wheeling so that you don't block the ACC radar when you are daily driving your bronco. The problem is, it severely limits the locations you can move you camera to and have it still function. I was planning to move it to the winch plate, but that solution isn't compatible with de-mounting the winch/plate.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Wow. I just noticed this as well and was coming to see if others had started talking about this.

This is also the first time I recall hearing about the winch mount blocking the ACC radar.

My goodness the hits keep coming. I thought the ford winch mounting solution was going to end up being the best, when coupled with a camera relocation (which should be easy). But if it also blocks the ACC radar, I'm at a loss as to how to wheel with a winch and have all of your tech still work.

The ford winch setup looks like it is semi-modular, as in you could choose to mount and de-mount the plate when you are wheeling so that you don't block the ACC radar when you are daily driving your bronco. The problem is, it severely limits the locations you can move you camera to and have it still function. I was planning to move it to the winch plate, but that solution isn't compatible with de-mounting the winch/plate.
This is another example where Ford retired or laid off their experienced engineers.

Why, because, you know they are expensive, they think the can hire two new grads to fill their shoes and get twice the work.

So what do we get, things like the winch and trail cam that do not work. So you argue, no seasoned design manager would let this get through a design review. Well, that new grad with a masters degree got hired as the design manager. So now we have things designed by no experience Jr and reviewed by no experience Sr. 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored

Last edited: