Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just chiming in because I saw the bump.

Does anyone else think that THIS transfer case skid plate by @ASFIR 4x4 could also double up as decent cat theft deterrent?
With rare metals being disrupted with the Russia/Ukraine war, I want to be proactive in having protection on my cat from day 1 of owning a Bronco.
What’s the latest options available? Deter with partial Asfir plate, or anything else out in the aftermarket?
@JcrOffroad’s transmission skid plate does…

https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/BR6SD-TRN.html

Ford Bronco Catalytic Converter Theft Prevention BEFD0B60-1ABB-4656-A72C-4E5DF9AAC56A

ASFIR 4x4

Outer Banks
First Name
Reut
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.asfir.com
Vehicle(s)
Subaru XV, Toyota Land-Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey @ASFIR 4x4 - per your website your skid plate was tested on 2.7L vehicles. Do you know if it's been used on 2.3L Broncos? I'm getting a BB 2.3L Manual Transmission (on chip delay...).
We don't know if it has been installed on a 2.3L. With that, we have a customer who just plced an order for the Fuel Tank skid-plate for a 2.3L engine - i'll follow-up with him and can give an update here!

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base

DD214

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2015 Pilot, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Until I saw this thread, I had never heard of this.
Meth makes you do really stupid shit
so I never heard of this either…until mine were stolen causing $9300 damage to my Sequoia A few weeks ago. They cut off the cats as well as hit put a hole in some part or the transmission as well With the sawzall. I get the Sequoia back hopefully this Wednesday and will trade it for a Bronco on Thursday. Looking at Google and talking to people in the area, this happens everywhere daily. Dealers get hot to the tune of 25 cars a night in the Boston area. I was #903 for cats backordered so it is happening a lot.

Sponsored

MPN22BroncoOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Mikhail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Rampant around here. Mostly vans and trucks due to the ease of access. Don't hear about it much on cars since the cats are smaller and less valuable. We had two new chassis cabs with the cats cut 2 years ago, my cost to fix was $5,800 each. Depending on where these dirt bags are selling them, they can get $200-$600 for a set of diesel converters and DPF. They hardly ever get caught and can have them off and gone in just a few minutes. Had it happen, under a light on camera and never saw the guy(s). Told cops if I get a camera alert I'll give them a 2 minute warning to get there before I do. Yea, these people are scum and I HATE thieves.
If it was OK to shoot these scumbags on site, this crime would not be so popular

Ft. Worth Rob

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Other states need to go the way Texas just went. Stealing, buying or selling is now a minimum jail felony. Ft. Worth police have told me thefts have dropped off steeply since S.B. 224 was signed in May this year.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it was OK to shoot these scumbags on site, this crime would not be so popular
There are a couple groups that're creating the demand, salvage yards and traveling buyers. The cops usually know which local yards are buying them but can't pin most of them as an accessory or conversion due to loose regulation. When they do get caught, there's no penalty and they just keep doing it, just change how the transactions are done. The traveling people we've seen are usually of middle eastern or indian background and have already scoped our scrap bins to see if there's anything laying around. They never give you a real name and their cell number and vehicle registration are out of NJ. Probably a good place to cover the phony bologna business/scam their running. Usually see them come through about every 2 years but it's been about 3 since I remember them coming here last.

Mr Toad

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford designed the Bronco 6G with the catalytic converters bolted directly to the turbos in the engine compartment, so they are not accessible from underneath the vehicle. It's one less thing Bronco 6G owners have to worry about. This is the 2.7 V6, but the 2.3 Inline 4 also has it's catalytic converter snug against the turbo.

Ford Bronco Catalytic Converter Theft Prevention BroncoV6EcoExhaustAnnotated

Ford Bronco Catalytic Converter Theft Prevention BroncoCats - 1
Sponsored

Last edited: