Catch can install

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Apparently the 2.7 is better than the 2.3 in running the engine cleaner. However after doing some reading you might still want to install a catch can on the 2.7 if you want a squeeky clean engine. apparently people pull all sorts of shit from their catch cans on ecoboosts.

Its not NEEDED but im going to run the engine until it stops functioning so i will be getting one.

OP
OP
buzpro

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Apparently the 2.7 is better than the 2.3 in running the engine cleaner. However after doing some reading you might still want to install a catch can on the 2.7 if you want a squeeky clean engine. apparently people pull all sorts of shit from their catch cans on ecoboosts.

Its not NEEDED but im going to run the engine until it stops functioning so i will be getting one.
I am getting one for sure and i want to install it ASAP but I still dont know which brand will serve me best on the 2.7 Bronco

EDIT: the Ford catch can is a PIA to empty

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am getting one for sure and i want to install it ASAP but I still dont know which brand will serve me best on the 2.7 Bronco

EDIT: the Ford catch can is a PIA to empty
i dunno if there even are any for the bronco yet.

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The catch can makes sense on the 2.3 and 3.5 Ecoboost DI engines, seems pretty marginal on the 2.7 with port and DI. To each their own, but I would suggest it’s not particularly important if you maintain the Bronco in a normal manner (oil changes at recommended intervals, proper oil, normal use cycles). There are some potential downsides to catch cans as well, so make sure you don’t forget to empty it!

OP
OP
buzpro

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wow. You are REALLY interested in catch cans, huh? Starting two threads on the same subject?
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/best-oil-catch-can-for-the-2-7l.13563/

Thanks for the info! I plan on installing one on the 2.7L.... when I get my MY22.

LOL .... I am

so far the best option to ME, seems to the be the Ford performance one but it doesn't have a drain valve and emptying is a pain ..... but I LOVE the short lines

getting my built started in 2 weeks and I want to install a catch can as soon as I get home from the dealership .... i need help making my friggin mind up on which one to get and whether to get a dual system for the 2.7

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL .... I am

so far the best option to ME, seems to the be the Ford performance one but it doesn't have a drain valve and emptying is a pain ..... but I LOVE the short lines

getting my built started in 2 weeks and I want to install a catch can as soon as I get home from the dealership .... i need help making my friggin mind up on which one to get and whether to get a dual system for the 2.7
I'm following both of your threads so the MY21s can iron things out for me so my decision is easy once I get mine! :ROFLMAO: (y)

OP
OP
buzpro

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The catch can makes sense on the 2.3 and 3.5 Ecoboost DI engines, seems pretty marginal on the 2.7 with port and DI. To each their own, but I would suggest it’s not particularly important if you maintain the Bronco in a normal manner (oil changes at recommended intervals, proper oil, normal use cycles). There are some potential downsides to catch cans as well, so make sure you don’t forget to empty it!
I've read a lot about the blow back in engines and now know that it happens in all combustion engines, even the naturally aspirated ones. May not be a big issue with the 2.7 but since its a high pressure turbo and i live in balmy Phoenix, I would like to have one installed.

Sponsored
OP
OP
buzpro

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm following both of your threads so the MY21s can iron things out for me so my decision is easy once I get mine! :ROFLMAO: (y)
moderator will probably kill one of these threads

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've read a lot about the blow back in engines and now know that it happens in all combustion engines, even the naturally aspirated ones. May not be a big issue with the 2.7 but since its a high pressure turbo and i live in balmy Phoenix, I would like to have one installed.
Ever since PCV, crankcase gases will recirculate through the combustion chamber. The issue with DI engines is they do not pass fuel over the valves. When DI and port are combined, the valves are “washed” by the fuel injected by the port injection. Every engine will leave residue in a catch can, the benefits are just marginal at best when used in a non DI motor. It’s been discussed at length and people will do what they want, I am just suggesting that there isn’t a solid reason to use it on the 2.7. If you like it and it makes you happy, good to go!

OP
OP
buzpro

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I run a catch on my Raptor. The 3.5 has direct and port injection. I emptied mine last week after 6500 miles.

I am def running one on the 2.7.

Ford Bronco Catch can install 1624133479386
JEEZ .... thats' exactly why I want to install one ASAP .... which brand is this one? any pros and cons? would you buy the same one again or change?

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
JLT. I ran one on my 2013 raptor and running one on my current raptor. NA engines are not bad but turbo engines have a lot of blow by. I am sure JLT will make one for the bronco

https://www.jlttruecoldair.com/oil-separators/

JEEZ .... thats' exactly why I want to install one ASAP .... which brand is this one? any pros and cons? would you buy the same one again or change?

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands