First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Like many of you, I've been following the intro closely, developing different builds, anxiously awaiting any new "revelations". And, suddenly I'm swept back to 1981......and Ford's "The Boss is Back" campaign putting the 302 back into the Mustang after a couple of years of anemic 255 cu in V8s in the Fox chassis.

Wow....this '82 5.0 has a boat engine cam (same firing order as a 351W), four speed, Traction-Lok rear and is pretty damn quick. Had to have one.......special ordered it, loved it. It was the shit......then......the '83s came out with about 20 more net horsepower..... a couple of years later the roller-cam version of the 4-bbl engine came out with another 30 horses and an 8.8 axle instead of the 7.5. Then fuel injection, and so on and so on....... We all know the rest of the story.

A couple of years down the road, the Bronco will be significantly better, in ways we can't even predict at this time. Enjoy your "first year" Bronco..... I'll rejoin the festivities a couple of years down the road.
Sponsored

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Last edited:

Essmith94

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like many of you, I've been following the intro closely, developing different builds, anxiously awaiting any new "revelations". And, suddenly I'm swept back to 1981......and Ford's "The Boss is Back" campaign putting the 302 back into the Mustang after a couple of years of anemic 255 cu in V8s in the Fox chassis.

Wow....this '82 5.0 has a boat engine cam (same firing order as a 351W), four speed, Traction-Lok rear and is pretty damn quick. Had to have one.......special ordered it, loved it. It was the shit......then......the '83s came out with about 20 more net horsepower..... a couple of years later the roller-cam version of the 4-bbl engine came out with another 30 horses and an 8.8 axle instead of the 7.5. Then fuel injection, and so on and so on....... We all know the rest of the story.

A couple of years down the road, the Bronco will be significantly better, in ways we can't even predict at this time. Enjoy your "first year" Bronco..... I'll rejoin the festivities a couple of years down the road.
With that kind of first hand knowledge of early 80s Mustangs are you sure you want to wait a few years? ?

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bye Felicia.

(Do people still say that or was that pretty dumb?)

Sponsored

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you look it up in the urban dictionary it says it’s usually reserved for the uneducated. You asked
Hilarious ? ok. I’m just an airplane mekanic. I’ll shut up and just wish OP the best of luck

Opossum

Black Diamond
First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You are absolutely correct, but...

With that logic you should never buy a phone, computer, pretty much anything tech based, or almost all vehicles.

Should be safe with beds, coffee makers, toilets, and Jeeps though. ?

Brew3x

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That happens with every product. I bought a first year motorcycle with 80hp the next year they came out with 103hp. Just buy what makes you happy you don’t always have to chase the next best thing. I will admit I was hoping for a little more engine than the 2.7.

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

This is like saying "I'm waiting for a computer with the next Intel CPU" or "I'm waiting for the next Mac". There will always be future improvements. Even after your wait.

The main thing I worry about is the styling not aging well like basically anything from the 90's or the 2005 - 2009 Mustang.

Sponsored
OP
OP
KH_59

KH_59

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
You'll be waiting forever for the "next best thing"... just get what you want and enjoy it.
Not going to wait "forever", just going to wait until the '23 model year, when this MY21-MY22 cluster-f has been overcome.....

mjohnso3

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That happens with every product. I bought a first year motorcycle with 80hp the next year they came out with 103hp. Just buy what makes you happy you don’t always have to chase the next best thing. I will admit I was hoping for a little more engine than the 2.7.
I was hoping same thing about the 2.7 . But one perspective is this engine puts out more horsepower than any previous Bronco 1-5 gens. I think that's an accurate statement.

west

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 T-Bird, 71 LTD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Get the shortest "lease" you can ... always a new car.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Dude..Kevin, Based on your post and the numeric value in your screen name I presume the clock is ticking my man.
I'd rethink that 3 year wait. :)
Sponsored