Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hello all:

I know: it comes with Apple Car Play or something like that. I’m not big on using my phone for music and I don’t listen to the radio (they don’t play metal in central PA).

Does anyone know of a way to install a CD player in one of these? I am assuming there are data ports to connect to? Any Bluetooth players out there that I can get? Was thinking of burning onto data sticks but they are a pain to scroll through.

I don’t want to loose the factory screen features by installing an aftermarket in dash set up.

See ya,

Pat
Sponsored

JDisFlip

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello all:

I know: it comes with Apple Car Play or something like that. I’m not big on using my phone for music and I don’t listen to the radio (they don’t play metal in central PA).

Does anyone know of a way to install a CD player in one of these? I am assuming there are data ports to connect to? Any Bluetooth players out there that I can get? Was thinking of burning onto data sticks but they are a pain to scroll through.

I don’t want to loose the factory screen features by installing an aftermarket in dash set up.

See ya,

Pat

... off the top of my head, get a disc man, AUX cable output from the disc man to Aux in of the Bronco.

:unsure: ... pretty sure the Bronco has Aux in.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What’s this CD you speak of ? ? The discman with aux cable is probably the best idea other than taking the big leap to get your CD collection into iTunes or something and use your phone to play music.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hello all:

See ya,

Pat
I know you said you don't like radio because it doesn't have what you want. Try Sirius. It generally DOES have everything someone could want and its satellite, so it reaches anywhere

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hello all:

See ya,

Pat
Hate to say it, but they don't play metal in Central NJ either. We are a dying breed.

I don't see you installing a CD player unless you plan on cutting out the dash. Most vehicles do seem to have aux/headphone ports inside the center console.. Assuming they make portable CD players anymore???

Leaves you with 2 options.. You'll get Sirius for at least 6 months I think I saw. They have a few decent stations.

Or my preferred (tho not yours), I have my music on my phone. Helps me out because I listen mainly to 80's metal (Slayer, Overkill, Megadeth, Metallica, Anthrax, Iron Maiden... Bands like that). I just use Bluetooth to connect the phone to radio.. Sorry never had Android Auto (or Car Play) so don't know how those 2 work.

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hello all:

See ya,

Pat
There will be usb ports to connect to and then use the aux input.
I get most of my music from Sirius satellite. Lots of metal there for you.

Lots of states are going hands free for phone use so I switched to the iOttie phone holder for those times I want to hear something not typically played on Sirius or I don't have the CD handy.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for asking this question. I was going to post in the Stupid Questions thread, but wasn't brave enough. I couldn't figure out how to play my CDs with this new-fangled set-up.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to rip the CDs to build a digital library that I can access from my phone. Please no iPhone/iTunes suggestions.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for asking this question. I was going to post in the Stupid Questions thread, but wasn't brave enough. I couldn't figure out how to play my CDs with this new-fangled set-up.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to rip the CDs to build a digital library that I can access from my phone. Please no iPhone/iTunes suggestions.
Its truly an exponential amount more work to rip all CDs you own, vs using Spotify or iTunes. I know you're probably an old soul or value the things you rightfully own (CDs) but technology advances haven't been kind to your ilk

That said. Yes you can always put your cd in a computer, and drag those files off onto your phone. You'll need some mp3 player app from the android play store or Apple store. Its not going to be pretty but it should work. Most of the headache will be in the beginning, when you're doing the ripping.
You will also have to be careful to keep the rips organized by albums, via folder system. I'm discouraged and praying for you just typing it out

(Psst Spotify is free with ads, and has every song you could want)

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Never though about this until I bought my newest car and found out many newer cars don't come with CD players.

I JUST ASSumed that Ford does what others have...they have an SD memory card slot. You copy all you music to one and you are done. A single SD card can hold your entire CD library in most cases.

Sponsored

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’m just a simple Floridian, an truth be told, I have a disc player in my ol truck, but just throwing this out there, you can burn the discs to digital and play either thru MP3 or iTunes, an just use your phone to play it through the sync system. Findin an ol disc player and running it through an aux cable just gonna cause your disc to skip while on the trail or a bumpy road an prob make you mad at the experience.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The good news is, it's easier today than when I did it (apparently)
Ford Bronco CD Player SmartSelect_20201114-075000_Google

I can't even recall what software I used in the past. But I'm talking well over 1,000 songs in my library. And yes back then, you still fixed the names yourself.

I can't say much about Spotify, as ads drove me nuts. I do use Amazon Music (paid service) quite a bit for their stations (Iron Maiden my favorite) plays a mix of similar bands.. Spotify should be very similar.

And yeah I'll ait it, I've downloaded plenty of cd's as well... But only downloaded music I already owned. Google rewards (a survey service) gets you Google play money, which I used to purchase and download newer songs I hear and like.

So any of that will take some time, but for Metal Heads (with few options out there, yes Sirius repeats songs quite a bit), it's just what we have to do.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hate to say it, but they don't play metal in Central NJ either. We are a dying breed.

I don't see you installing a CD player unless you plan on cutting out the dash. Most vehicles do seem to have aux/headphone ports inside the center console.. Assuming they make portable CD players anymore???

Leaves you with 2 options.. You'll get Sirius for at least 6 months I think I saw. They have a few decent stations.

Or my preferred (tho not yours), I have my music on my phone. Helps me out because I listen mainly to 80's metal (Slayer, Overkill, Megadeth, Metallica, Anthrax, Iron Maiden... Bands like that). I just use Bluetooth to connect the phone to radio.. Sorry never had Android Auto (or Car Play) so don't know how those 2 work.
I live in Iowa. Country radio reigns supreme but I can still get metal stations...
But I usually just listen to Sirius and lithium

But with that being said I do miss a truck load of CDs on a long road trip ...

Man I’m old..

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco CD Player SmartSelect_20201114-075000_Google

Looking to add for retro feel...
I had about three 8 tracks in a Volvo station wagon I had during college. I drove that thing in the boonies between home and college, so no radio. The main 8 track I listened to was Elton John Goodbye Yellow Brick Road. I also had Seals & Crofts Summer Breeze (I think that was the name). No, I am not THAT old, but my dad made sure I had technology and features in my cars from bygone eras...and often other parts that were from bygone eras. After the Volvo threw a rod, I had to drive a 3 speed pinto with no ac and no 8 track.

Anyway, OP, get spotify and be done with it. You can play every song you've ever heard and make play lists, etc. Plus podcasts and a huge variety of things you've never heard of before. Be your own DJ.

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello all:

See ya,

Pat
I'm a metal guy. But I do use my phone.

Doesn't the bronco come with free Xm for a bit? Station 40 liquid metal is pretty nice.
Sponsored