Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Back again at the service department.🤪

They replaced the waste gate actuator. Picked up today and was driving on highway and went into reduced power mode. Not sure what the fault is. Ford pass hasn’t updated yet.

Saga continues.

Jason

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands & 2023 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Back again at the service department.🤪

They replaced the waste gate actuator. Picked up today and was driving on highway and went into reduced power mode. Not sure what the fault is. Ford pass hasn’t updated yet.

Saga continues.
This time, make explain what’s wrong to your dog. You might get a nice loaner out of the deal.

OP
OP
telenerd

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One thing to note. The Bronco seems to get up to speed in a hurry. Before you know it I’m going 80. I need to learn to reduce my speeds and be more careful considering the shorter wheel base of 2 door and big Sassy tires.

I also noticed the bronco seemed a bit unnerving going around an highway round about at speeds. I need to learn to just roll slow and it’s not a race rocket!

Any other road tips?

Sponsored

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I do extensive test drives, I think the smallest was 50 miles, if I'm serious about the vehicle.

My Bronco had 500 miles on it sitting on the lot, I put another 300+ on it doing a weekend test drive.

Even with all of that you just never know when something will come loose or break and it could be as you drive away after signing the papers.

Happy to hear it's better now.

Yeah for a big box it cruises at speed nicely and if you don't watch it you'll be speeding before you know it.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The doomed 2.7 Engine.
2.7 is a beast! Don’t let the 2.3 propaganda machine ruin your fun. You’ll be up and running in no time and thanking yourself years from now for not getting a 4 cylinder!

OP
OP
telenerd

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Error code now says a bad turbo main assembly. Part is on order. Should have Bronco back next week for round three!

OP
OP
telenerd

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Part arrived. Should be installed tomorrow or Monday for round three!

OP
OP
telenerd

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco is finally in my driveway! The mechanic went to go install the new turbo and the waste gate was missing a bolt that caused the Bronco to lose all boost. Manufacturer issue on the original turbo. All fixed for now!

Sponsored

Hunterwjusmc

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bought my new Outer Banks, 2.7L Sasquatch a few weeks ago. I have about 2500 miles on it and tonight I got the dreaded P25B6 - Turbocharger Wastegate 'B' Stuck Closed DTC. I will be calling the dealer 1st thing in the morning. :mad:

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm surprised to see 2.7s are having this issue. There were a number of 2.3Ls - mine included - early this year with this issue, and I believe there was a service bulletin about the issue.

Feel for those of you encountering it so early. Mine cropped up on the drive home from the dealer...having to explain to my better half what was happening on a brand-new vehicle we'd waited two years for was, uhm, memorable? :)

Hope yours are repaired soon.

Hunterwjusmc

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just dropped it off at the dealer (Brandon Ford in Tampa). They say they will take care ofvthe turbo and the mic top water leaks. Now the wait begins...

Hunterwjusmc

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Right now they are claiming that everything is fine because they cleared the code and it is not throwing the code anymore. They also say that the TSB for the hardtop leak says there are some Broncos with missing "Pins" in the front weatherstrip seal. They checked and mine is missing two of them. Of course they are on backorder! They made an emergency request to get pins. They plan to drive it around a bit to see if the code comes back. I'm certainly not feeling confident that this is a solution!

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Look at what I got this Morning. Ford Dealer says no openings till July 24! Elevate coming.

Ford Bronco CEL after just 3 miles on brand new Bronco -- Turbo Waste Gate stuck shut Screenshot_20230620_091734_FordPass3

Ford Bronco CEL after just 3 miles on brand new Bronco -- Turbo Waste Gate stuck shut Screenshot_20230620_204508_FordPass2

Ford Bronco CEL after just 3 miles on brand new Bronco -- Turbo Waste Gate stuck shut Screenshot_20230620_204517_FordPass1

UPDATE:
Ford Motor Company got involved and my repair was expedited! Took it in Wednesday evening and got it back Monday afternoon. RH Turbo Waste Gate Motor failed and was replaced. Thanks to @Ford Motor Company for stepping in and getting me back on the road.
Sponsored

Last edited: