Sponsored

John Boyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
My understanding is you DO NOT get to keep the OEM chrome wheels. It is a +$1,395 up charge for the Black wheels! Trying to justify spending $1,400 up charge for dark rims?🤷 The do look great!
Are you sure?

Can anyone who has purchased the 18inch wheels confirm this? I've never heard of an accessory purchase price that includes removing something from the regular purchase price.
Sponsored

Tsturbo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 Tacoma Limited
99% sure, but check with your dealer and let us know! I want the same rims, but don’t want to stomach the $1,325 up charge. Toyota should give us a credit for the chrome rims and then pay the minimal price diff for the TRD rims. Look at some of the allocations which have the TRD rims, it is a $1,325 up charge and I have not heard anyone say you also get the stock wheels back.

Tacomanoob

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4G Tacoma
When you take off the limited rim, the chrome is plastic cover. What does the rim look like behind the plastic chrome cover?

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra CrewMax
So $1325 and your rims?

This makes not sense at all. I would like to roll it into the financing. There are several Toyota dealers selling those rims on ebay, under $300 per rim plus free shipping. If this craziness is true then an online seller will get my money.

Last edited:

zachavm

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester & Subaru Ascent
Those are the optional TRD 18” wheels. $1325 and worth every penny in my opinion.
$1325 is INSANE!!! I would honestly be surprised if it cost them much extra vs the stock wheels. I hate how black out packages are held ransom for insane prices. I think I'm just going to say screw it on the black out and do it myself.

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra CrewMax
$1325 is INSANE!!! I would honestly be surprised if it cost them much extra vs the stock wheels. I hate how black out packages are held ransom for insane prices. I think I'm just going to say screw it on the black out and do it myself.
I calling my guy today to get an answer to this. I like chrome but between the grill and the rims, it's too much. I will get the rims mainly because of the increased offset it gives it a more aggressive stance.

zachavm

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester & Subaru Ascent
I calling my guy today to get an answer to this. I like chrome but between the grill and the rims, it's too much. I will get the rims mainly because of the increased offset it gives it a more aggressive stance.
Not really sure what I will do if I go with a limited. DIY to black out rims is probably not the best thing to try. There will probably be a lot of people replacing their TRD wheels and tires so I might be able to pick some up off Facebook Marketplace for semi-cheap. Then I can do the same. Probably will still take some hit, but nowhere close to the $1400 price Toyota is charging. I expect a few hundred at most. A grand for the used Wheels and Tires. Plus $5-600 for selling the chrome ones.

Last edited:

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra CrewMax
I just talked to my guy. He said he's never heard of this and they do not keep the OEM rims if ordered as an addon option.

Ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500, Honda Pioneer 1000
I asked about the 18" Black TRD rims. This was the reply. Im from Canada but this is a US dealer.

They have currently gone on back order. At this time, I do not have an ETA for them. Also, they do require some additional parts for installation.​
Wheels​
Center caps​
Lug Nuts​
Tire pressure sensors.​
Total for the parts is $2,031.50 after tax.​

Ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500, Honda Pioneer 1000
I would go for some aftermarket rims but there is limited choice with an offset that i want (40 to 50).

Are the Offroad fender flares wider than the Limited ?

Last edited:

jxflyer

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I asked about the 18" Black TRD rims. This was the reply. Im from Canada but this is a US dealer.

They have currently gone on back order. At this time, I do not have an ETA for them. Also, they do require some additional parts for installation.​
Wheels​
Center caps​
Lug Nuts​
Tire pressure sensors.​
Total for the parts is $2,031.50 after tax.​
I was told the same by multiple dealers - back ordered for months. I googled the part number and found them on Ebay. They're on my truck now and they look great.

Don't know if that's an option, but I would try it if I were you.

Reactions: Ron

JSWCRNA

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
Are you sure?

Can anyone who has purchased the 18inch wheels confirm this? I've never heard of an accessory purchase price that includes removing something from the regular purchase price.
I purchased 18in black TRD rims. Ships from factory with only those rims. Definitely worth it to me. It is only a mark up
Sponsored