Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hi all,

Search the threads for an answer but couldn’t find anything. Before I have dealership tear apart the Bronco interior, looking to see if anyone has any suggestions.

The interior center console “cigarette” lighter port outlet is inoperative (see photo below). I tried several car charger adapters but none work. However, adapters do work in the cargo area power outlet. Also the rear seat lower power receptacles and USB outlets are functioning and powered.

If it is a fuse problem I was unable to isolate (i.e. find) which one it was.

Any thoughts on getting it to power up?

UPDATE: "Fuse 32 was blown." Dealer installed "GU5Z 14526 F" Fuse. Problem fixed.

Ford Bronco Center Console Interior Power Outlet Inoperative center console outlet
Sponsored

Last edited:

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Do you have the ignition on? I’m not sure I’ve tried with it off.
Side note what insert is that? Looks nice.

OP
OP
603BB

603BB

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi all,

Search the threads for an answer but couldn’t find anything. Before I have dealership tear apart the Bronco interior, looking to see if anyone has any suggestions.

The interior center console “cigarette” lighter port outlet is inoperative (see photo below). I tried several car charger adapters but none work. However, adapters do work in the cargo area power outlet. Also the rear seat lower power receptacles and USB outlets are functioning and powered.

If it is a fuse problem I was unable to isolate (i.e. find) which one it was.

Any thoughts on getting it to power up?

Ford Bronco Center Console Interior Power Outlet Inoperative center console outlet
I use that port to power a small refrigerator/freezer and here is what I discovered: First, the port doesn’t activate until the vehicle is running. Secondly, it becomes disabled about 30 minutes after the vehicle has been powered off regardless of a load being applied or not.
Last, it seems to be very sensitive to how the 12 volt plug is inserted into the recepticle. You have to make sure the plug is fully inserted and give it a slight twist to ensure it is engaged.
I mention the above because I too thought it wasn’t working at first attempt to use it.

OP
OP
603BB

603BB

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I use that port to power a small refrigerator/freezer and here is what I discovered: First, the port doesn’t activate until the vehicle is running. Secondly, it becomes disabled about 30 minutes after the vehicle has been powered off regardless of a load being applied or not.
Yeah, I read gleaned that from various posts in my search on this issue. If only I could test it myself. :LOL:

Last, it seems to be very sensitive to how the 12 volt plug is inserted into the recepticle. You have to make sure the plug is fully inserted and give it a slight twist to ensure it is engaged.
I mention the above because I too thought it wasn’t working at first attempt to use it.
Yeah, I did this as well. Fully inserted and twisted. Even more so than the outlet in the cargo compartment. Nothing.

Sponsored

Nomadik

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Did you ever find out what happened?

My 12v plug in the cargo area just stopped working😑

I've been using it for my fridge and a power bank.... Of course not together.

Did you have to get warranty?

nikkgmm

Badlands
First Name
Nikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Literally having this exact same issue. I used a small air compressor this past weekend, and after I stopped, the outlet stopped working. Have been through every fuse with a fine tooth comb. Nothing seems to be burned out, and I tested all the smaller ones. All the other USB Ports, Outlet in the back and power inverter are working. It's just that one port.

OP
OP
603BB

603BB

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sorry for the delayed response.

My port was inoperative. It was fixed under warranty at my local dealership.
Sponsored