Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey All, I am trying to see how many others have this issue. My center console makes a rather loud clicking/popping noise when a little bit of pressure is applied to the front end of it. It's rather annoying as it is constantly popping as I drive around and rest my arm on it. I have removed the small change tray that comes with the vehicle and that didn't do anything. It seems the plastic arch inside the console lid is compressing and popping back out.

Video is Provided below.

Sponsored

MikeDbronco

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the same issue. Doesn’t bother me too much but it is a little annoying if someone has a fix.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hey All, I am trying to see how many others have this issue. My center console makes a rather loud clicking/popping noise when a little bit of pressure is applied to the front end of it. It's rather annoying as it is constantly popping as I drive around and rest my arm on it. I have removed the small change tray that comes with the vehicle and that didn't do anything. It seems the plastic arch inside the console lid is compressing and popping back out.

Video is Provided below.

Hi there! Can you send us a PM with your VIN and Ford dealership information? I’d be happy to look into this on my end.

BroncoB

First Edition
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Video is Provided below.

Did you ever get this fixed? Mines doing it. Super annoying.

OP
OP
Dirty Bronco

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope! And just wait... it gets worse over time. Frustrating as hell too because your arm basically gets thrown around between the bumps in the road and this thing popping. It legit forces me to readjust my driving position as it can cause slight and sudden shifts which then transfer to my steering...

1. Don't bother with the ford customer service account on here. I had them look into a roof issue that was documented upon delivery and they said it wasn't a warrantable item. Total joke but my dealership said they should be able to help me out.

2. I brought this and the roof issue mentioned above to my dealerships attention right away after I took delivery. They documented it and I chose to wait a bit to let QC catch up. I took delivery in October and the parts were all in short supply then. Ironically I scheduled it this morning to go back and get this and a few other items addressed. I'll circle back once I talk to them again in the coming weeks.

Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. Don't bother with the ford customer service account on here. I had them look into a roof issue that was documented upon delivery and they said it wasn't a warrantable item. Total joke but my dealership said they should be able to help me out.
?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.tenor.gif

BroncoB

First Edition
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Nope! And just wait... it gets worse over time. Frustrating as hell too because your arm basically gets thrown around between the bumps in the road and this thing popping. It legit forces me to readjust my driving position as it can cause slight and sudden shifts which then transfer to my steering...

2. I brought this and the roof issue mentioned above to my dealerships attention right away after I took delivery. They documented it and I chose to wait a bit to let QC catch up. I took delivery in October and the parts were all in short supply then. Ironically I scheduled it this morning to go back and get this and a few other items addressed. I'll circle back once I talk to them again in the coming weeks.
I think Ford’s account here on b6g is a bot.
Mine was built 7/1/21 and just started doing it. Going nuts with popping roof and now arm rest.

byw my popping/creaking roof is worse now that they fixed it.

OP
OP
Dirty Bronco

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think Ford’s account here on b6g is a bot.
You might be right. The first messages they send definitely seem like it but once you PM them it is definitely a person.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
Dirty Bronco

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Took this in on Tuesday and the dealership director agreed it was annoying as hell. Replacement is getting put on tomorrow morning. I'll report back

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dirty Bronco

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Took my Bronco in this morning to get this addressed. The replacement doesn’t make any noise or move at all. Huge difference in comfort!

G.ATX.M

Wildtrak
First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The center console it my least favorite part of the interior and I can believe more people are not complaining about it. It creeks constantly and moves side to side as you put weight on it. I find when off road or going around turns I use the console armrest to brace and stabilize myself and it’s not stable or confidence inspiring at all.

Anyone feeling like we need a more solid center console or have ideas on ways to fix this?

Bigguyry2000

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Took my Bronco in this morning to get this addressed. The replacement doesn’t make any noise or move at all. Huge difference in comfort!
I wonder if I can get mine warrantied. I didn't notice it until few months, or weeks later. I have a manual so my arm is always on or hitting the arm rest.

Did they say if there was a TSB about it or anything?

OP
OP
Dirty Bronco

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if I can get mine warrantied. I didn't notice it until few months, or weeks later. I have a manual so my arm is always on or hitting the arm rest.

Did they say if there was a TSB about it or anything?
they did not. But I will say the fix has lasted this entire time. No more noise so it was certainly a faulty part.
Sponsored